Get rid of Rusty Spoons asap and replace it with...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, you can at least salvage the ceramic cups... be nice if the rest could be scrapped as well. I have enough dinnerware now for something like 500 tables. :p

Sean Silverfoot and majoria70 like this.
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Oh I don't know about that.

What self respectable Viking wouldn't want a rusty spoon?

;-)

Sean Silverfoot and majoria70 like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m going to make a rusty spoon dungeon! :D

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I killed a skeleton carrying a plow, I guess he was plowing his field to grow food for his wife and kids :) .

Tabatha, ErikRulez, Gorthyn and 7 others like this.
  5. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

I'm guessing you were exaggerating with the "100x" figure? I do believe that (IMHO) it's still 10% have 90% of the wealth. There needs to be a way to get a bit better distribution. Certainly those that have been here years deserve to be near the top. But the newish players should be able to make their way. And picking up 5-25 gold a kill at tier 3 and 4 areas is a bit under where it should be.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... I got a Déjà Vu ...

And I think to myself (again) ...
    Why not ...

... having less loot, but higher value? (Instead of 50 rusty swords, 100 staffs, for about 15 - 30 gold, 20 swords / 10 staffs for about 50 gold) --> by the way: so no further need to be able to carry 500 items ... well, if we want to have a more realistic view ...
    ... give us some Gold Crowns sometimes?
    ... make rusty items very rare and call it 'ancient' ... for example: 'ancient spoon'? ;)
    ... having a better connection between the enemy who carries the loot? (A PLOW - really???)

And asking the question:
    which enemy could be predestinated for what kind of loot?

... Kobolds are predestinated for special recipe, ...

... Skeletons: ... Bones? (if not killed by Bludgeon, of course. So then there could be bone fragments or bone meal)

... Barbarians: ... special cloths, ...

... Pirate Skeletons: ... treasure maps! ... Crowns ... more gold ... necklace ... rings ...

Well, a few thoughts about and there could be more sense and more fun ...

Standard crafting recipe should be located to NPC in towns, like it was years before.
    And this also could depend on location: special crafting style of each region.
    A tailor of the perennial coast should provide recipe for "'Asian style", while a tailor of Norgard should provide recipe for "Viking style" ...

I talked to player who searched for recipe like Bronze Binding! Those recipe are sold from players for ridiculous prices!
    Making a Bronze Binding is a kind of 'rare' information?

I understand, if we talk about recipe for Obsidian items ... but Bronze?

There should be more meaning about
    ... what items can be found in which region and on which enemy ...

Dartan Obscuro likes this.
  7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

100!

8. smack

smack Avatar

So can anyone tell me what the current rate of inflation is in the game? Is the player economy good, bad, etc? The vast majority of vendors are sitting idle, as not enough players are able to participate in the player economy. Is anyone seriously going to argue that everything is fine and dandy, especially for the 90%? I agree increasing the gold drop where the top 10% can grind it 100x faster than the bottom 90% will make it even worse. So just hoping for something different than what has been going on for the past 2 years since persistence.

As such, did increasing all the invaluable junk loot have any measurable effect, accept to annoy players? There are so many creative ways to solve this...as this thread and many dozens others, especially from new players, are trying to point out. Junk loot isn't cutting it.

Agreed. Sure, 100x may be an exaggeration (..or not), but would love to see an update on this.

9. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

I agree too much junk and no easy way to get rid of it.

The deco drops are a good idea though. The problem is that they are too common and mostly stuff you wouldn't want to put in your house (rusty etc).

Rare and cool deco with perhaps collectible sets would be much better.

As far as resources, they have nerfed enough resources for gatherers without adding ore to the list.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

What? Get rid off the rusty spoons? No way, guys!

I'm building my second pirate ship completly made with rusty spoons!

Ok, the first one sank when launched but the second one should do better.
    Also using wooden spoons for this one.

11. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I'm not suggesting the ore,ingots,wood, etc be a found in vast quantities ... maybe just one ore instead of 25 rusty spoons, dirty cutting boards, paintings, gems, white cake, torches, ceramic bowls, candelabra, candles, bottles, bedroll, beaker, bucket rusty shovel, ceramic mug, dirty rolling pin, etc... I think you see my point right?

Tabatha, Cordelayne and majoria70 like this.
  12. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

HAHA it would be funnier if it wasn't a sad sad truth.. you could use torches to build your boat home... I mean who doesn't want a floating matchstick boat? Pirates board your vessel? no problem just light the torches boys! Pirate problem fixed...along with your entire crew and your bountiful booty.. damn maybe torches were a bad idea.

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I was really excited when I got my first rusty spoon. That excitement has diminished somewhat. :(

Tabatha, Jaesun and Gorthyn like this.
  14. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I think giving us the ability to salvage the "trash" loot would solve this to a large degree. Crafters can always use more metal and wood scraps to make refining more efficient. I agree, something needs to change. I tend to sort by item cost and then select and destroy all of the junk items to make room for something more useful. That stuff weighs a lot.

15. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Yes I destroy more than I like to admit because I get overwhelmed by the crap loot.

16. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

Constant premise of any game going back to Ultima Online: 'The loot needs to be better"

The problem with wanting more and more loot (and getting it) was reached in UO as of the Stygian Abyss expansion where even ordinary monsters drop nearly Treasure Map amounts of loot on them and it's easy for anyone to a millionaire (which no longer means anything in UO). You still end up with "crap loot", you just have more and more of it in the end.

On deco items (such as much of the loot we have now), once you have everything you want, and then more multiples of everything else than you'll ever use, that loot then becomes worthless. Deco items don;t decay, thus never need to be replaced, therefore their inclusion in loot tables are a limited time effectiveness. You can still have some very, even Ultra rare deco loot, but in time that too will become "so much extra trash". I agree with the above mention that even deco loot should have some way to be recycled... even into just the appropriate Scrap material. Occasional rotation of decorative items is also required to keep such things "fresh" ingame.

On Equipment and mods, if you bump the quality of the mods, you get a quick boost of player satisfaction as they find more useful equipment... until they max those mods out at which point the normal equipment becomes as much vendor trash as the deco items are outright junk. At least you can recycle equipment into materials and player-made items are finding their way into loot tables as advertised. So long as the equipment as loot is logical to the mob defeated, I think we're doing ok here and moving in the right direction.

On gold, I'm going to disagree (vehemently so on the 100x number) that gold needs to be dramatically raised in loot drops. Without a graduated system of currency (outside of CotOs), flooding the game with PvM gold would not serve anyone any good, nor would it solve any perception of "income/wealth inequality" as those who are inherently disposed to gather wealth will still do so vs those who are much more casual or differently oriented. Also, aside from enviousness, wealth inequality is simply a fact of life, not a form of evil to be solved or defeated.

17. Sharok Alurien

Sharok Alurien Avatar

He was tired of being all boney and such, and wanted better for his family!

Jaesun, Alleine Dragonfyre and Mac2 like this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well he made the mistake of attacking me, and now hes dead... again. Why do we say undead anyways, does that not mean living if something is undead? Cant really say living dead either, that is a contradiction.

Tabatha likes this.
  19. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

I agree with most of this except for the part on ultra rare deco loot.

Sufficient rarity could ensure that even in the unlikely event you found duplicates of the same item it would still have a fair amount of trade value.

Just to toss out some rare deco ideas

A rare collectible set of tabletop figurines based on the colored dragons
    Lets say there are 7 in the set. Each a different color representing the dragons.

Rare Books on anything and everything-

Book on Kobolds - each page has info on a specific Kobold
    Stats - How many avatars they've killed, who's killed the most of them, etc
    Lore - general info about each Kobold
    Fun and interesting info about them

Map Paintings of specific Novia Zones

Rare plant seeds

Obviously this kinda stuff wouldn't solve every day loot issues.

But combined with other ideas it would improve the loot table.

20. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Agreed. There definitely should be rare dropped deco loot unique to in-game.

Alpha Fishstick, Tabatha and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.