Getting back to the right tier?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by euphemos, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euphemos

euphemos Avatar

I started following quest suggestions, and found myself on the quest to earn Sir Patrick's freedom. It's significantly too difficult for me. I tried a Tier 3 area near me, and could just barely survive. How do I know what's appropriate difficulty for me, and how do I get back on track? I feel like the quests led me off into deep waters.

2. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

If you find a quest being to hard try going to other areas or scenes,as for the right level check and see what level you are,open your character sheet and hover your mouse over your name you should be able to see what adventure level and crafter level you are,keep in mind the colours on the mobs above there name tag I.E.green =easy yellow=medium orange=hard and red=very hard.

3. euphemos

euphemos Avatar

Thanks, I didn't realize I could hover and see my level, that may be useful. Lvl 16 - any suggestions for where to go?

rpgmaniac82 likes this.
  4. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

You should be doing t1-t2 areas try finding scenes with t1-t2 where are you located now?

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Something I would recommend doing, especially in the next week, if you haven't already, is go to all three starting areas, and perform the quests in them, their associated Outskirts areas, and the town after the outskirts. In the love path, the quests in the outskirts and Soltown can total up to, with the 2x bonus, around 100k xp, and a load of gold to help your development. I am assuming (at the moment) that the other two paths are similar. Also, there a lot of quests that can be done in the Hidden Vale after taking the lunar rift to Owl's head, which will also net you a sizable amount of xp.

6. euphemos

euphemos Avatar

Thanks! I followed the quest to Estgard. Looks like this is T3+. I'll start retracing my steps and look for T1/T2 areas. Sounds like the starting areas are a good idea too, I'll try to figure out where those are.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Each of the starting areas has a lunar rift in it that you can use (when the time is right) to get to the other starting areas, as well as a few other places like Owl's Head. When you are near the rift, mouse over the bubble in the middle to see where it will currently take you, and mouse over the stones around the center to see what other locations are available. I believe it is about every twelve minutes that the rift will shift and send you to a new location.

8. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Owlbear and Lord Tachys al`Fahn like this.
  9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

rpgmaniac82 likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

One other thing you might find useful, is opening your Journal (J, or click the Task on the left side of the screen). Each quest in your Active section should have text at the bottom that will indicate how difficult it should be for someone of your level. If its too difficult, try again later once you've had a chance to build up your skills.

As noted, at low levels you probably want to stick with T1-2 scenes. The Outskirts provide really good xp and cash for their level, so I'd try doing those until you can get into low-T3 scenes like the new mines. Don't feel constrained tho, there are lots of low level areas to explore! Check out this list of Scenes by Difficulty.

Lord Tachys al`Fahn likes this.
  11. Koss

Koss Avatar

Just gonna say it...

The help that this community offers is amazing....

@Berek gets slammed for modding, but this is why the community is so different than any other community out there.

Good job guys!

Witcheypoo, Berek, Bigg and 1 other person like this.
  12. Koss

Koss Avatar

And to the haters that read and post elsewhere.....

*BOOM*

:)

Lord Tachys al`Fahn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.