Getting to know Bastion's Point!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Aartemis, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

On the eastern shores of Novia, near Solace Bridge, lies a small fishing hamlet, built upon the ruined shores of the ancient Obsidian City of Cinderholm, who’s trade and craftsmanship is known throughout all of New Britannia. Unwilling to cave into the pressure of mass development and large architecture, the patrons of the hamlet remain true to their history and beliefs, leveraging that which they know to be solid and trustworthy. In the early days, the hamlet was protected by a small militia, with a short, gruff leader named Bastion Krieg. Bastion was stout of heart and muscle and led his troops with the ferocity of a pack of grizzlies. For years the militia held off the miscellaneous dangers of this broken land, allowing free trade from this small port to the rest of Novia.

Until the coming of the Undead. Fierce and organized, they grew more deadly with each raiding party.

One cold winters evening, came the most destructive battle in village history. The undead pressed on, relentless in their drive to seize the hamlet and its many assets. What the undead wanted remains a mystery to this day, some say they came down from Solace Bridge or perhaps even the Northern Eastreach Gap, I know not. For in this broken land after the Shardfall, there has been little unity, and even less long lasting peace.

The warlords of old took what they wished, and if you could not fight them, you became subject to them. So you fought for what you had, without boundaries and without regret. All you had was what you woke up with, and you hoped every day that when you went to sleep you had exactly that still. This is all that mattered to Bastion, that was his wish for the people he protected. Not who was here first, nor who was even the rightful possessor of the land, because most all known official rights were lost long, long ago.

Locked in battle with the undead leader on a cliff overlooking the village, Bastion could see his future slipping away. For all his heart and vigor he had not the stamina of his adversary who did not need breath, and continually rose again when felled. He knew this battle would not end well. With all the power he could muster, Bastion dropped his axe and ran headlong into the leader, wrapping his arms around it and pummeling headlong over the ocean cliffs into the frozen waters below. Disoriented and confused with the loss of their leader, the Undead lost focus and were driven back beyond the forest trees.

In the year that past after the battle, the militia grew in numbers and branched out to include more of the hamlet’s population. The deeds of the fallen leader inspired those that remained to fight for what they had, with everything they had, until there was no more to give. It was then that it was time to give yourself as well. Craftsmen, politicians, mages and knights joined the cause, and on the one year anniversary of his death, the militia was re-branded to a new name, Sacrifice, the organization that still protects the hamlet to this day.

What the name of the hamlet was before that day has been lost to time. Its residents only care about what it has become. On the upper cliffs overlooking the ocean now stands a memorial of the fallen leaders sacrifice, and to the port hamlet which carries his name, Bastion's Point.

Greetings Adventurer!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aartemis, guild leader of Sacrifice, the protectors and caretakers of the Village of Bastion's Point! Our Player Owned Town is focused on bringing accessibility and help to new and young players in Shroud of the Avatar! You will find just about everything you will need to be successful in Shroud within the limits of our village. Come with me on a tour, and see for yourself!

Bastion's Point is located on the Eastern Shores of Novia, on the Perennial Coast. We are just south of Solace Bridge and Solace Bridge Outskirts where many players begin their Adventure on the Path of Love (Archery/Ranged).

[​IMG]

If you started on the Path of Courage or Truth, do not worry, Bastion's Point is very quick journey from anywhere in New Britannia do the LUNAR RIFT located in SOLACE BRIDGE. There is a RIFT in Every One of the starting areas, Solace Bridge, Highvale and Blood River. A lunar rift looks like the image below and it can take you to the far edges of Novia and beyond based on the Phase of Moon. If you want to know when the Lunar Rift will next take you to Solace Bridge (or anywhere else), you can use the Lunar Rift Chronometer!

[​IMG]

Now that you know how to get to Bastion's Point, lets walk around see what we have to offer! When you enter Bastion's Point, you will be on the Docks, facing the Town Square. The Banker and Town Crier are right on the docks, and Player Crafting Pavilion and Social Center is straight ahead!

[​IMG]

Our crafting pavilion is equipped with Founder level EXPERT crafting stations which gives you a +5 PRODUCTION LEVEL BONUS to whatever you are crafting on. This means its much more beneficial to craft here then in Soltown or Ardoris public crafting areas! We also have a Crafting Merchant located right out front of the pavilion selling all the fuels and extras you need to craft. If you need Skill Training, it is right next door in Solace Bridge Outskirts Camp.

[​IMG]

Hmmmmm?? What's That? You don't have any money for crafting yet? RIGHT! What was I thinking, you are new to the game and need to get out and adventure before spending all those gold pieces you don't have!

Well Step right this way and I will show you three VERY important things in Bastion's Point to help you! First, is our Getting Started Gear Vendor. It is located right in front of the Pavilion and has great deals on the gear you need to Get Started!

[​IMG]

This vendor contains great deals on many things that can help you out. From Getting Started Guides, to Backpacks, Bags, Weapons, Healing and Focus Potions (Cheaper then NPC Prices!), even Reagents cheaper then the NPC's offer them for! Bastion's Point also offers many other vendors that specialize in Food for Buffs, Teleport & Recall Scrolls, Social Clothing and more!

[​IMG]

Second on the list of MUST DO for new adventurers lies just to the South of the Town Square, in the Combat Square.... Virtue Devotionals!! These are EXTREMELY Important as they grant a 10 HOUR buff to your combat hit point and focus in-combat recovery! You should come to these EVERY DAY and jump in (Yeah, I know...) to apply your buff.

[​IMG]

You know you got the buffs when you see these little icons under your health bars:

[​IMG]

The Third and final MUST stop location for the new player is the Oracle. Every single day you can ask the Oracle to TEST your current virtue status. If you get the answer correct, you will get 500 gold and 500 XP as a reward. If not, remember the correct answer and use that the next time it asks. The Oracle in Bastion's Point is South behind the Combat Square. (Its the building with the really creepy big red eyes!!)

[​IMG]

Ok, ok, I know you are in a hurry to get out there with all this new knowledge and gear but I have one more thing to mention... If you like Bastion's Point, why not stay here a while? Bastion's Point newly opened Lodge and Lounge has AMAZING deals on room rentals with excellent amenities! You can't beat the location right next to the Crafting Pavilion and Social Center with killer views of the Ocean! See the Link above for more details!

[​IMG]

Thanks so much for coming on this tour of Bastion's Point with me, when you have a little more time, stop in back and I will go over some of our Specialty Vendors and what they have to offer!

Swords High My Friend, Until Again We Meet!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

OH, You are back already? Want that vendor tour? Well lets not waste any time!

First on the list is the Pavilion Resource Depot! This vendor offers not only raw resources and refined resources (such as Ingots), for your crafting needs, but it also offers FILL ORDERS for young adventurers who need gold fast, and have a bunch of small amounts of raw resources to sell. Our Fill Orders focus on SMALL amounts, like 5, 10 and 25 of something that you can fill after your daily adventure! We pay much better then the NPC, and then turn those resources into refined materials our more veteran visitors need to craft, and build you better gear!

Be Sure to Check Daily as prices and inventory changes often!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    * only an example, prices and inventory change often

Next we return to the Getting Started Gear Vendor, also located in the Pavilion Square. This vendor has tons of great deals and supply of very basic goods needed by the new player. Getting Started Guides, basic crafted weapons for affordable prices, reagents, backpacks, basic armor and potions.

The potions should not be underestimated early in your adventure life. Focus, Health, Speed, Cure Poison.. You will need extra boosting and healing early on before you get all geared up so the few gold you place into these can really save your life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this point, I should really mention that just to the south of the main Pavilion is the Bastion's Point Combat Square. Here is an NPC Combat Vendor that sells all the standard combat equipment, including arrows, repair kits, other necessities not covered by our specialty vendors. There is also a small sparring arena where you can test your current gear against other players.

Also in the Combat Square is the
    Arm and Hammer Blacksmith Shop. Once you have graduated from the basic fighters gear, this is where you want to shop! Now I may be a little biased because I own the place, but my credentials stand on their own merit, I am a Grandmaster Blacksmith and Grandmaster Blacksmith Masterworker. Trevour is my Enchanter who is also Grandmaster Alchemist / Grandmaster Enchanter. Our product is high quality.

[​IMG]

Our stock varies from month to month but I try to keep most of the basics available for purchase. As high end gear usually runs very specific to the buyer, I do that on a custom request basis and then sell the overflow of extra items at a reduced cost. You will also often find patterns here to change the appearance of your gear from ordinary to extraordinary!!

[​IMG]

A new vendor I am experimenting with is Exceptional Edward. This vendor stocks only +1 items at a premium price. I have done all the hard work, collected the resources, smelted the ingots, burned off the mundane supply and stocked only the most premium, exceptional items all ready for you to Masterwork and Enchant! For the crafter who has more money then time, or simply wants to reduce the hassle, this vendor could be for you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heading back towards the Main Square, we will make a stop at Kaydrah's Boutique, she specializes in the finer aspects of your virtual life. From fancy dress clothes, hats, umbrellas and other wearable accessories to house decorations that are a cut above the rest! Many times you will find items on Kaydrah's Vendor that have been patterned from Add-On store purchases. Some items are straight from the add-on store themselves and sold for in-game gold! Gift Boxes, Backpacks, Pipes, Tiara's and Wedding Apparel...Kaydrah's is a great place to Shop!

Be sure and walk thru her actual boutique which displays much of her sales product, and also offers dressing rooms for changing into your new fancy clothes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MORE TO COME..... Stay Tuned!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Psyche likes this.
  3. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Bastion's Point is a great town, and it's very well located in the Perennial Coast, close to everything. Whenever I'm in the area, I visit for the Devotionals and to check out the vendors for good deals . The town is well laid out, and there's always some activities going on. Highly recommended!

Psyche, Trevour and Aartemis like this.
  4. Psyche

Psyche Avatar

I love visiting Bastion's Point, a town that never sleeps and always has good deals around on many of the vendors. Great for starting players, but just as good for veterans.
    Aartemis does a great job keeping it active, attractive and holds events regularly. Also by me, highly recommended!

Aartemis likes this.
  5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Aartemis likes this.
  6. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Berek likes this.
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Will do! Maybe an update to the spotlight itself is warranted then.

8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Oh we would welcome It! Let us know.

9. Dereck Visaard

Dereck Visaard Avatar

We welcome all Avatars to visit our cozy little inn. The lounge area is perfect for relaxing after a long day of adventuring, so put your feet up and grab a mug of ale and join us. In the future, you might even catch the town's many vendors and guards having a meal or getting a drink before they retire for the night. Why, on many a night, even Aartemis himself can be found in the inn playing a somber tune on his lute with a bottle of wine at his side!

And before you leave, check out our wide variety of affordable reagents and food supplies on our inn's vendor - supplies that are necessary for your journey outside the town walls. And if you decide to stay at the inn for a while, you're welcome to sell your own items on our resident vendor. With the crafting stations and supply vendors nearby, you have everything you need to set up a base of operations where you can build combat skills, trade skills, and even sell your stuff! It's a one-stop-shop to help you get started in New Britannia.

Also, many of the town's residents are established players and hospitaliers and are happy to offer guidance and assistance along your journey. So, come check out the town of Bastion's Point - meet some excellent people, and stay a while!

Aartemis and Psyche like this.
  10. Malek Zandor

Malek Zandor Avatar

Let me introduce ourselves and our vendor!
    We are a group of adventurers who offer raw materials for crafts.
    We also sell a wide range of craftsmanship. Potions, food and scrolls are always available.
    For special wishes, you can approach us and discuss a commissioned work with us, we accept gold coins or raw material as an appreciation for our work and have fun with haggling.
    For the future, we are planning to provide you with bed and breakfast for the adventurers, and we are setting up the accommodation for you.
    When you visit us, do not be afraid to inspect all the rooms to which the door is open.
    If you want our vendor to do a favor so that he does not bend his back from his heavy burden, simply buy something from Him, he will thank you.

We, Anabolicus and Grigarosch Gnadenfaust, look forward to your visit and welcome you as our new customers.
    You will find us at Bastion's Point, south of the port where you have arrived in our beautiful city, or simply ask our town crieer for Grigarosch Gnadenfaust

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lasst mich Euch uns und unseren Vendor vorstellen !
    Wir sind eine Gruppe von Abenteurern, die Rohstoffe für das Handwerk anbieten.
    Ausserdem verkaufen wir eine große Palette unseres handwerklichen Schaffens. Potions, food und Scrolls sind immer erwerbbar.
    Für spezielle Wünsche könnt Ihr an uns herantreten und eine Auftragsarbeit mit uns absprechen, wir akzeptieren Goldmünzen oder Rohmaterial als Wertschätzung für unsere Arbeit und haben auch mal Spaß am Feilschen .
    Für die Zukunft planen wir Euch Abenteurern ein Bett und Frühstück zur Verfügung zu stellen, die Unterkunft dafür richten wir gerade ein.
    Wenn Ihr uns besucht, so habt keine Scheu, alle Räumlichkeiten zu inspizieren zu denen die Tür offen steht.
    Wenn Ihr unserem Vendor einen Gefallen tun wollt, damit er sich nicht den Rücken verbiegt von seiner schweren Last, kauft einfach etwas von Ihm, er wird es Euch danken.
    Wir, das sind Anabolicus und Grigarosch Gnadenfaust, freuen uns auf Euren Besuch und begrüßen Euch als unsere neuen Kunden.
    Ihr findet uns in Bastion's Point südlich vom Hafen an dem Ihr in unserer schönen Stadt angekommen seid oder fragt einfach unseren Stadtausrufer nach Grigarosch Gnadenfaust

This is how it looks from outside :)
    [​IMG]
    Some of our trades. Because of changing offers and prices we cut the price-info on this picture ;-)
    [​IMG]
    Where our tenants could possibly sleep !
    [​IMG]
    Where they can enjoy their breakfast !
    [​IMG]
    Where they can enjoy their breakfast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.