Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ghost attacks...

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Ghosts seem to be a bit overpowered. Its almost as bad as the spider death turrets were. I guess at least w/ ghosts you can still run away. I think they need a bit more delay between life drain attacks...

Wylfing and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I have not had much problems with ghost (in KP sewers), though I would like to see more XP, it is comparable to Lich or Obsidian Wolf...

My only issue with ghost is that it respawns in KP sewers while all the undead stay dead.

Mogon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

They were a bit tough in the Shuttered Eye tower, but I had to keep running around to regen because it kept sucking the life force out of my character. I did manage to finally kill it.

4. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I'm not sure how a ghost can be hurt with conventional weapons. Perhaps this will change in future releases

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

[​IMG]

6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I went into Ravensmoor to take a shot at the lich; I was able to solo the rest of liches at the end of R12, and there it was; an unkillable ghost. I assume is because Death magic is a bit over the line at the moment (or that's what i've reading) because as an archer, i only could kill ghosts by running up and down the corridors, staying at max range so they don't drain spam me. And we're talking a dungeon, not an open field! so kiting them along the corridors had some work... some work and lots of arrows for 300 xp.

After figuring out that they were in place of skeleton mages in the hall i thought it was going to be though... then i realized they respanwed in the previous room as well, and i decided to take a leave and wait until ghosts are more manageable, or they have a reward comparable to the challenge they pose.

Sooo freaky ghosts baby! who i'm gonna call? :p i'll try to stay away of their way for now.

E n v y likes this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If the ghost is truly incorporeal, how does it hurt you? Is the ghost partially corporeal in order to interact with you?

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

If its hurting you with magic, it would make sense for you to have to hit them back with magic. But its not as if a ghost is hurting you with physical damage by wielding physical objects, and its not as if a ghost can't walk through walls and let physical things pass through him.

9. Smark

Smark Avatar

I agree that Ghosts are overpowered based on the XP received. I like the idea of an increase in the timer between casts as it seems like the chaincast way too often.

Edit - this was using the Traditional MMO mechanics. we changed to the deck and we were able to killl ghosts 9/10 times. I understand that the "deck system" is the hook for this game, but there may need to be adjustments for each style of game play.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In Ravensmoor dungeon there is a corridor where there pops up ambushes the further down you go.
    in R12 it was 2 skeletons + mage per pop. This time around it was 2 skeletons + 1 ghost.

We were two lvl 40+ characters, and I can usually easily solo a Lich.
    But having more than one ghost, and we couldn't keep up, it was a rez fest until we simply gave up.

lollie likes this.
  11. languard

languard Avatar

Chiming in to agree that ghosts are way overpowered right now with as fast as they do their drain attack.

lollie likes this.
  12. Darian

Darian Guest

Ghosts op, makes no sense to solo an whole map and ghosts who are in the middle of it all harder than an liche

If the ghost was the classical "end boss" than put it in front of an loot box and make it look more defined and such, but as " normal mob" they are way to tough

lollie and Tahru like this.
  13. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Even worse they drop no loot at all.

Tahru likes this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

If they were carrying anything, the encumbrance would keep them floating. :cool:

15. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

It would be awesome if ghosts had encumbrance, they'd be rooted to the ground just from carrying a dagger...then they wouldn't be able to run away and pelt us with ranged life drains every 0.5 seconds.

Tahru likes this.
  16. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I have a pretty good heavy armor + shield + blades build, and I've done well adventuring...until today. I just met my first ghost, in the Ruins of Ravensmoor, and it just smoked me. Not even close.

Is there a trick to dropping these guys? Or even harming them? lol

Thanks,
    Hoy.

FrostII likes this.
  17. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm guessing Ghosts are for a group. Mage who can damage them with melee, who doesnt seem to be ab eto hurt them with steel, kept alive by someone whilst taking agro?

18. A Ghost

A Ghost Avatar

No thanks. I'm more a one-at-a-time kinda guy...

Ph34r /\/\3

FrostII likes this.
  19. Ramrodny

Ramrodny Avatar

I have killed them using the fire and sword combo. the death shiev.. stick em and go through a door and close it. you can hit them with a flame and the the combo.. its cheap but it works well

FrostII, Steevodeevo and Tahru like this.
  20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.