Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ghost attacks...

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramrodny

Ramrodny Avatar

stick them with fire and sword combo. the death shiev.. then run away close the door and wait for them to die. its cheap but it beat dying continuously in ravensmoor.

2. pfroddam

pfroddam Avatar

Well, just to add my 2c worth, I agree with what appears to be the consensus. my regular mate and I have tried over and over in ravensmoor and like some others, have decided to leave it till we are more capable. I was hoping L40 would be a good time to try but its not looking good...perhaps we will wait till rebalancing occurrs :)

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well by the time I got to level 51 I was doing OK with ghosts. I have a mixed blades/magic deck, with life and death magic.

So when I see a ghost I engage it. I can irritate it with my sword moves, and keep myself alive with healing touches, but it's a bit of a holding pattern until one or more of my 5 death touches come up. Also a few death rays - even though they can be interrupted they will do good things if they work.

Nothing more satisfying than siphoning the life (?) out of a ghost:D:p One at a time I generally win; two or more I try to separate them.

4. causepain

causepain Avatar

I need add my cry to this topic

So far i'm 46 lvl (not high and I'm new player 80h - many of wandering) and so far GHOST is only monster i can't kill (which i meet). Max i can drop his life to 25% .
    Most annoying is his attacks through walls, i checked today and still the same. I don't know if it is even possible to run away from ghost because of his attack through map. Whenever i see ghost on location i need go back or leave it, that is really lame for me (and all of it because of this attacks). Here is screen from few days back (black line through walls)

[​IMG]

And being honest normally i like PVP but right now if death magic is so OP i don't want even try it.

End of cry

5. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

In the Death skill tree there is a skill that gives resistance to death magic. I have yet to try it to see how well it works with combination of fire attack.

6. causepain

causepain Avatar

which one ?

Death Touch - Short range life transfer spell

Corpse Explosion - Explodes target corpse
    Death Ray - Short range life transfer spell
    Death Mastery - Life drains give more hit points

Summon Skeleton- Summons a Skeleton
    Death Shield - Percent of damage from attacks become heals
    Death Field - Area of effect life drain
    Undead Mastery Summoned Undead are stronger
    Mummified Undead - Summoned Undead decay slower

Summon Lich - Summons a Lich

7. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

OMG OMG OMG.... ITS MOON MOON MOON... Celestial Blessing. grants +0.2 Life resist, +0.2 Death resist and +0.2 lunar resist. maxed in points gives it 30 second timer. Pretty good on focus cost and a fast regen rate. I brain farted thinking it was death. I`m sorry...I will cut my pinky off with a rusty sword.

steanne and causepain like this.
  8. causepain

causepain Avatar

Ty i will try it with next lvl.

Today i killed my 1st GHOST after 100h of playing ... being on 51 lvl. That is ridiculous one GHOST who give 300 exp deal more damage than for example any Lich (mage, fighter, sword) and his 4-5 skeletons ....

9. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

Here is another point. Melee can defeat a ghost if higher in lvl. I`ve been in a mage setup recently and found that using Fire and Death skills easily defeat them. If interested I use Fire arrow first at distance, then for close combat use Fire Fist, Death Touch and Stone fist. Light armor setup with staff firing fireballs and a flaming short sword(adds additional .2 fire damage). I have points in Earth for reason of having the innate skills strength and dmg resistance. Using same setup Lich`s are easy..

Spoiler alert. The Lich in Spectral Mines above the tour guide drops 2300g. Kite/kill the skeleton first away from the Lich. Also look behind the big hanging banner for a chest with epic gear and the bone throne. Throne weights 50 lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.