Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give plant harvesting a chance to yield seeds.

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Jefe, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

As a tie in to the new fancy harvesting enhancements, if there was a chance of seeds appearing that was >0% for things like cotton bushes, mandrake plants, nightshade plants, and garlic, that might encourage a market and an increase in agriculture.

zyxe likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I get seeds back from my plants with the mass harvest skill.

3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

It's there, just really rare. I seem to get a seed about once in every 50 - 100 hundred plants. It'd be great if the harvest plants ability gave increased chance as it leveled. Something approaching 20% at level 80 to 25% per plant at level 100 of the skill. I know the seeds are meant to be a coin sink, but the fact that folks haven't noticed you can get them sometimes shows it is way too low a chance. Really though, the cost of seed doesn't create so much drain that 25% would be a meaningful difference. At mass scale farming, the user is either buying water buckets or spending large amounts of time drawing it from a well. Just so long as we don't get more than 100% seed back.

A cool option would also be to let plants go to seed, which would reduce crop output for increased seed yield and possibly allow more than 100% seed return. Though at that point you start opening up entirely new things you could do with seed qualities and heritage lines for player sale. Really open up agriculture for a future episode that way. High quality crop could do things like Longer Buff Duration of Food made with the item. Better cotton could have a slightly better chance of crafting as a +1 item. Reagents might have a slightly higher chance of not being consumed with a spell.

Probably a lot more complexity than desired even for an episode 2, but the thoughts just kind of came in a connected stream.

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So from the field. Yes you can recover seeds when planting and harvesting. I mean earning new ones when harvesting out in the wild?

5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Oh, absolutely. I tend to think the wild plants should behave more like the farmables. Of course, that might also mean making nighshade farmables best harvested at night as well and some other little consistency changes brought from wild plants to the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.