Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give us skylights in homes!

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by smack, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

Related to my previous post regarding natural lighting in homes, for houses that only have roofs that aren't usable (e.g. rooftop decks), please consider installing skylights instead!

This would also increase the natural lighting in the homes and also give a great view of the shattered moon at night!

For example, take a look at the LotM house without a usable rooftop deck. It has 4 huge windows on each side of its angled roof, yet the windows are useless since they are vertical and are not flush with the house. You can't see through them and no light is allowed to pass through. And even if light did pass through, it would be within the interior of the window structure itself or pass through the top of the house and not shine down on the floor of the big room.

[​IMG]

Instead, get rid of those vertical windows on the roof and install skylights that are flush with the angled roof! Make them big too! Ok granted, I have no idea if skylights were even in fashion in the medieval era, but this is one area of realism that I'm willing to forgo :)

Jynx likes this.
  2. jason silverain

jason silverain Avatar

First put a shirt on, you take it all off :)

Second, that's a great idea, didn't even think of it.

~Jason

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.