Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Glancing Blow...

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Alcedes, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

@Chris,

This seems like a VERY powerful ability and one that could quite possibly be the "hallmark" of Heavy Armor. However, the fact that it is removed after being hit just one time kind of kills it for me. I really would like to see this mechanic changed. Perhaps you could remove the "after one hit" altogether, or if you find that to be too overpowered, maybe it could have a "removes after so much damage mitigated" effect or some such mechanic? I dont know. This one just does not seem very useful as it is, especially with the speed in which the attacks come in.

2. agra

agra Avatar

Good feedback. In it's current form and limited usefulness, as you've outlined, it will never be on my hotbar. If, as you skilled it up, the number of hits and duration were both increased, that would add some attraction.
    Something like, at 100, it could last for somewhere between 5 and 10 hits, could be good, I think. (one extra glancing blow added every 10, 15, or 20 levels)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  3. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

Dodge in Light Armor and Parry in Tactics both suffer from the same issue. Interesting though that Deflect in the Shield tree isn't limited to a single hit.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. DuKe NuKeM

DuKe NuKeM Avatar

Yes, this single hit removal process could definitely be addressed .

Time Lord and Jivalax Azon like this.
  5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I like this too... But, maybe since it stacks, it should be used for the # of stacks it has, just an idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.