Glowing item without a light source? (Solved! ^^)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I'm trying to find items to use inside my stage castle to help highlight routes to take to navigate the dark corridors, but don't want something that puts off an actual light source because the distance of the audience from the castle would cause the light to shine through and highlight too much of the castle. When not in use the castle is intended to be a dark backdrop and I've done what I can to help manage light control.

I'm currently using the Blue and Red Star Wars swords from the event to highlight the entrance and exits to the theatre itself, which is a perfect example of what kind of item I'm looking for because they are clearly visible in the dark, but don't actually glow like a candle would. I checked in the Universal chat and was told to check out the electric weapons from Kruul, so any shots of those on display would be helpful.

Entrance and Exit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Castle Backdrop
    [​IMG]

Currently highlighting walkway with bolts of cloth. (Barely Visible)
    [​IMG]

Stairs from first to second (Balcony) floor.
    [​IMG]

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Have you looked at the eye of naturaman?

I'm in MGT and have one you can look at.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's a light source.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i have steam hammers blocking a side door:

[​IMG]

Jaesun likes this.
  5. stile

stile Avatar

Hello, All of the glowing mushrums? Soft glow, varies depending on which color you use.

Also try both the obisian lights and the elven lights. while a light source, they are pretty low light, light sources. Also the chandelier versions on high ceilings dont put out a lot at character level.

You can see both in action at Elads lighthouse, follow the Town Crier to "oddjob" City lot, island below Guildar falls.

6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

The problem with items that actually put off a glow like the mushrooms, Naturamans items and candles is that, from a certain distance, they shine through objects like the stone blocks used to build the castle. The audience are sitting far enough away that using any light source such as these will cause the castle to become too highlighted, which goes against the purpose of designing it as a dark backdrop when not in use. I used the swords above as an example of items that can easily be seen in the dark that don't actually put out a glow and was curious if there were any other items that might act this way.

7. Curt

Curt Avatar

Could items dyed with sparkling/glowing/pulsing dye work?

Vallin Tregres and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Cowbell of reaping, remote access bank and the and the new britannia globe have some glowy parts that are not a light source. Also look into some of the kolbold items as they may have some items that you are looking for.

9. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Genius! Cloth Boots look like little starlight footprints! This is perfect on both floors for highlighting where to go and how to make the turns. The costantant moving, wave-like motion of the aether dye aids in helping the footprints stand out. For anyone making a haunted house this seems perfect for ghostly footprints as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.