Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Glyph-weaving Concept Revisited - Remember Tennis?

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

When the random glyph system with stacking and combos was introduced... I remember the sport of Tennis being mentioned with the idea of having to "plan" your "shot" before execution. Right now it's more of this mad scramble of running around, QWOPing your keyboard... except for the moment right before the fight begins...

[​IMG]

At the start of the fight, it does sort of feel like you're strategically planning out your "introduction of assault", which matches the original "Tennis" concept. This is where I believe the random-slot system feels best. I also believe the ability to hold one key and press the next key for combos and stacking was a HUGE improvement, but moving around while doing this or using cursor-mode OR using a combo hotkey first still makes the system look a little silly... so I have to ask... why are we even allowed to combo or stack while moving in the first place? Wouldn't this make more sense as something you had to stay still to do? Does anyone ever pay attention to the Stillness buff?

Right now, Stillness might take a little long to rely on, but if it were a little faster, we could reference it for gating the ability to combo and stack. If you had to stay still, players would have to do things like... root their target first... run behind cover first... enter stealth first... sounds strategic right?

With this type of requirement added, perhaps it might open up some new Focus skill possibilities (or even allow for a boost to stacked/combo power as well). That Focus tree is looking pretty lackluster these days.

Anyways, just a thought I had while in the shower this morning. :D

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I really like this idea... :)

CrazyPhil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.