1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Gold Crowns of the Obsidians

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

COTOs are freely tradeable.

Current in game rate is 1 Gold Crown = 2500 gold but that rate is subject to fluctuate

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They better pony up on the prosperty tools.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why are they a rare drop I can buy them in the store? that is not rare, that is not server controlled, that is plain out pay to play.

4. DarkStarr

They are obtainable from low level mobs and nodes, just at very small chance.

5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

It's a buy to play game, all buy to play games sell boosts. I have always expected they'd sell boosts in the add-on store.

6. DarkStarr

thanks. Fixed

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I haven't seen one yet either....but I killed a troll by myself at level 42 or something and I would expect that if I did that again I would have a high chance of getting a crown.

Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And also now a tax free row lot in a bundle ???

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

I hate buy to play games with a passion. If their model is strangling what i can do unless i pony up cash, i will leave in a heartbeat.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

POT only.

This is probably a good time to mention that Rats Nest will be accepting 1 Obsidian Crown for two months worth of taxes.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Regardless if people have been paying attention or not... it really is the way our economy works at the moment. People are paying for stuff in games. Thankfully they are not directly allow us to buy stat increases like EA does with their Ultimate Team Modes and stuff. HOwever as I said earlier even I bought stuff to improve my UFC 2 fighters. That is totally pay to win and it is probably making them loads and loads of cash.

If there isn't a demand for this then nobody would be doing buying stuff in any game. Thankfully we aren't buying stats etc. However there will be some people who are totally bummed. To be honest I have mixed feelings about this, but really there needs to be a change but not from Portalarium directly. The change that needs to happen is economic/politcal policy changes, this includes the consumer as a part the problem, and part of the solution to fixing this sort of thing.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Its a fine line between insane grind and trivial making everything worthless.

I recommend being flexible and wait until 6 months after full release to allow the tweaks to occur before lighting your torch and grabbing a pitchfork.

13. agra

agra Avatar

It'll just take longer.

14. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

yeah, this has given me some serious reservations, i havnt even bothered logging in, i just been sitting here thinking this over lol

15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I don't like this at all. I'm extremely disappointed, even if it was clear it was coming.

Suddenly, rebuttal of hordes of "P2W" screamers everywhere (and I'm looking mainly at Steam, my preferred way to lose faith in humanity) became ten times as harder.

THANK YOU PORTALARIUM, way to help who helps you. :mad:

And I'm not just worried about it for PR reasons, but one sentence gave me the wrong kind of shivers:

Aaand, when exactly you realized this BONE RIPPING truth? That one was the Plan A, and this is the Plan B? You knew from the start, and just milked us before throwing Farm Cash/Bucks into the mix?

I'm extremely displeased, not just by the news - I sort of knew from day one that something like this would be coming - but by how we came here.

And please, never, EVER compare EVE PLEX with this. With a PLEX I pay my subscription. It can be traded on the free market. It can be lost. And looted. It's something completely different in a completely different business model starting (and ending) in completely different ways.

16. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I see that as good thing, PoT owners get more peeps willing to live there, Rest of us get less competition for the NPC lots, and now there are more ways to be rent free..
    I see it as a triple win for us all

17. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Well now I wish we can use the Crown to lock the skills so I can get to try other play styles easily without worrying about skill decay. Which is buying for convenience since you can currently maintain a skills at cost of they would suck up more exp thus takes longer for you to train new skills. One can dream I guess.

I like the pricing on the Gold Crowns it is priced very reasonably

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  18. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I agree

Moiseyev Trueden and Bow Vale like this.
  19. DarkStarr

We absolutely don't wan't that to happen. As you can see in this morning's patch notes we just halved the durability damage rates again to avoid just that situation.

20. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

I believe both are $275, but the viking only has the tax-free POT row lot. But an extra 100 slots is valued around $50 and with all of my add-ons that may be the way I go (as my bank is overflowing on wipe).

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.