1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Gold Crowns of the Obsidians

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

<gone...>

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  2. Godra

Godra Avatar

The only issue I see is how to claim rewards in a SP Offline saved game. I can the pledge and add-on rewards linked to your account, but in a saved game might be difficult to add crowns. I know you can still find in game from adventuring though. Maybe at a better rate than online version. Just curious questions we will have to wait and see.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

My experience so far, I had to repair max durability on my armor.. one piece, and also a new dagger, and I have some cotos laying around, but I still am holding on to them, I'm cheap :) So, I have bought some armour and weapons! Sounds like this is having a positive effect on crafters, I paid a few thousand gold for the pieces I needed, and some of it was very finely crafted :) I'll be taking it to others to get things further enhanced, but my experience so far, I've began to consume the crafted goods, instead of perpetually repairing the same items :) I think things are going to be just fine. And still, have not used one GCOTO.

I think this mechanism allows many others to play in different ways. If someone wants to repair their items with one (saves some time and/or gold), it really is not hurting anyone and they can throw that money to the Devs. Win win!

Potions sound great, I think that's what I'll spend some GCOTOs on, but they won't be game breaking as many fear (barring the bugs introduced with them so far!).

4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

In single-player offline, COTO's would be easier to find/get ingame, simply because you're the only one looting. In multiplayer, if someone else picks up a COTO, then you don't get it, and have to wait for the next rare spawn.. but in offline mode, you'll always be the one getting it when it appears in the world.. So getting and using them ingame should be easier to balance and make reasonable for the player to find/use.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Time Lord and smack like this.
  5. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Without reading the "millions of replies" ... if an active high level player finds enough cotos to keep all his well crafted gear AND can also sell now and then one of them I think it is ok if they can be bought with real money ... but still it is a pay to win mechanic that will distract many players, especially new ones, so I suggest to remove the ability to buy them again. ... They are more a poison then a goodie for the game :/

So if you want less players: Keep them and make them not to rare (also in online mode)
    If you want more players at the base: remove the ability to buy them for real money ... seriously!

charlesvon03 and Snikorts like this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The objects drop randomly on any resource node, with the higher tier ones having a greater chance.

If you want to consistently find them in-game, you will need to fight the higher level creatures.

Or as Rufus suggested : Buy them directly from the Add-on Store. :)

7. charlesvon03

charlesvon03 Avatar

Not place to buy .. Places to kill mobs that have a COTO ?

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

You're out of luck.

There's no mob that has COTO. All mobs do, and also resource gathering nodes.

Even a chicken in Owl's Head can drop a COTO, and yet you could be farming the Three Sisters day in and day out and never loot any. It's chance based.

Fister Magee and Doctor like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

As of the latest patch the best drops for COTOs are the Shardfalls, good luck.

10. agra

agra Avatar

Ah ha. Now the desire for forced MPO PvP in the shardfalls crystallizes.

Leelu, Pickley and Spoon like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Shh or you will awaken the BDF who will endlessly chime about shardfalls and SPO...

smack, Time Lord, Leelu and 6 others like this.
  12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Still says they can be traded for gold in the Add-On store description.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Well, I suppose they can with other players..

smack, Time Lord and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

True! but you and I probably doubt that was why it was originally added to the description ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.