Gold is a problem now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

well this is good to hear

2. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I don't see the need yet to be using my badass crafted weapons very often, and repair kits work fine. I prefer to use em on the tables when processing my raw materials. CoTOs are far from required. Disposable wrps and my meteor armor has barely been scratched, cloth is fine too.

Yes, taxes suck in the current economy, and I won't be a land owner for quite some time

3. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

I don't think this is a big problem. This is not the first time that the SOTA adjust the pricing of the goods in the game. So, most of our players who played in the develpment stage of this game are going to be fine with the changes. This is not the problem about how much you pledge. Actually, I am just a $45 dollar Adventurer Pledge owner. I have been playing SOTA for about two years. According to my past experience in SOTA, you should not be a gamer who is only fighting monsters or is just advancing your character level only. You must also take part in the producer character in the game. Otherwise, if there are some changes in the pricing of the goods or the difficulty of fighting monsters, you are going to be hurt a lot.
    下面是給華人玩家和懂中文的玩家看的

不要相信上面文章的一些謠言
    甚麼叫做付贊助金越多的人越不擔心[遊戲幣]的問題
    請仔細去看看官方網站關於贊助金相關的贈品
    沒有一個會送到[遊戲幣]的
    或許有人會說黑耀石金幣(COTO)就是一種遊戲幣
    但是除了遊戲內定的3大功能能使用外
    它並沒有辦法直接兌換成一般遊戲幣的方法

SotA的物價不是第一次調整了
    從一年多前開始官方都會不定期調整物價波動
    為的就是不要讓純練功的玩家和純生產的玩家經濟相差太大
    如果你只會一項生存技能
    波動物價當然對你影響很大
    如果你或多或少都有涉略
    這個調整影響其實就不會如上面講的劇烈

當然上面的玩家也沒說錯
    花45美金玩的人一定比花幾千美金的人多
    但是他們卻故意不說一件事
    那就是[只花45美金的玩家]3個月後的遊戲存在率遠遠比[花千元美金以上]的玩家低很多
    因為這些人多數都是只為了嘗鮮、賺熱錢來的
    遊戲如果聽這些人的話可以存活
    那全世界就不會倒掉那麼多款遊戲了

如果你是華人玩家對現在的版本賺錢苦手
    歡迎你到巴哈姆特SOTA哈拉版發文詢問
    在這邊相信這些玩不到1000小時的人的謠言
    還不如去問問語言相通的老手賺錢心得

Fister Magee likes this.
  4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Sounds reasonable in a 4 or 5 skull scene. That's not where I'm at. Neither are many others. I'm a fairly casual player, level 16. If you can point me to a 1-2 skull scene that can net 3k/gph (or even 1k/gph) an hour and I would be most appreciative.

I'm really curious about how many players make the average 3k/gph (+/- 1 std dev). What's the mode (+/- 1 std dev) that most players make by scene difficulty? That would be much more telling to see in my opinion. Including players who make under 100gph because, quite frankly, they are a part of the economy as much as players who net 20k/gph.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Dung and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Balor Goldwine

Balor Goldwine Avatar

When is this planned? I have little desire to grind, and a bit of gold was my only rationalization for doing so. I played religiously since launch, got up to character level 78 or so, saved my gold up, and then logged out and didn't come back when R33 hit.

I understand this is pre-Alpha/Alpha, but I invested my money in the game thinking about what it could be, and with longevity and player retention in mind. I lost most positive feelings about the development path after R33.

Grinding has to have purpose. Exp and loot is that purpose. Hell, if one out of 200 skeletons dropped a skull decoration you could mount on the wall, I'd be wailing skeletons right now. But the exp is slow going, and the loot is laughable, not just in value, but in interest. No decor items, no components... just identical trash... which they made worse... on purpose.

I sat down and thought, "If all of my skills were magically GMed right now, what would I go do?" I didn't have an answer... So I logged out, and haven't logged back in.

narcosis, Dung and Cenbhan like this.
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

it's implemented now but I'm not sure if it's the level of increase everyone wants... I'm fine with it though... (๑^ں^๑)

Acred and Travitar like this.
  7. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I'm able to have fun again with the changes, I can play the game a bit more naturally.

Acred and Kabalyero like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

It happened today, probably 10 hours before you posted this, people in my guild seem pretty happy

9. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

NPC-vendors now pay way more for all those rusty and shoddy stuff since yesterday 8/31/16. Sadly this will also lead to a raise in player-vendor-prices I fear... but we will see...

10. Dung

Dung Avatar

The lack of fairness in this game is basically because persistence happened too soon and was handled badly. I agree that early backers should be well rewarded but the devs do not seem to understand what they have done, they seem to think that they only just introduced it?
    For the early backers gold was persistent, property deeds were persistent, rewards were persistent. Now the early backers have mountains of gold and lots of property and it is not possible for new players to catch up. I can see new players being attracted to this game but when they discover how disadvantaged they may well stop playing very quickly.
    Why are ALL lots being raffled off before the game is even launched?? What will motivate people to play this game when they realise that they can never ever stand as equals with early backers? I joined and invested more than 2 years ago but I did not play the game, I was waiting for launch so I was punished for not playing even though the game was supposedly not persistent.
    Star Citizen has handled this far, far better by allowing players to buy ships but not unique fixed assets which; once they are sold may never be available again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We need a wipe ¡!!!¡ :D

Phiedrus Oliva likes this.
  12. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

If people play the game more than you, they will have more gold. If you play casual, you get casual gold. If you play like you have no life, you get showered in gold. No reason to punish those who invest more time just because you work 50 hours a week. Yo fault.

Never gunna happen.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This does not make sense. Anybody now can buy a house bundle in the same way early backers did. Anybody before or after who did not buy one in a pledge or bundle can get raffle tickets. There are a *lot* of lots still out there. My whole PoT is sitting here with 20 row houses and a ton of village lots for anybody to put a house down for free, nobody has taken one yet (because there is no squeeze in game yet to send people over yet). It took me a few days of playing to get to the level Im at now to make pretty good gold.

Sentinel2, Elwyn and 4EverLost like this.
  14. Dung

Dung Avatar

Starman
    The gold accumulated by early backers at a time when there was supposed to be no persistence is the problem and the fact that people are finding that they can not pay the rent.

15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

What gold? Everyone started with 0 gold when persistence happened. You mean, perhaps people who chose to wait until release will be behind? But then again, you don't really have to do the story line quests until release to get gold unless you want to help test it out for bugs, you know? They still have a lot of lots to go out and the fact that they are not releasing it all in one go means that those at release still have a chance, probably and better yet - the renting system will probably be added in by then so they won't have to bother with 'buying' a house.

Sentinel2, Fauxpas and Elwyn like this.
  16. Dung

Dung Avatar

If that is true 4EverLost then I apologise and just do not understand how some players are instantly able to pay the rent on huge houses.

17. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes, what 4EverLost is definitely true. The world and all its contents were completely wiped for the release of R32, all players retained were their pledge/add-on purchases, and the real-life skills they garnered.

As for paying rent on huge houses : Are you perhaps not taking into account that most of us don't actually pay rent *at all* ? All the Pledge and Bundle lot deeds are tax free. :)

4EverLost likes this.
  18. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Some of them played 24/7, knew what they were doing (2-3 years of testing will do that - knowledge is power and all that?), dedicated themselves to leveling, grinding out money, etc.

NRaas likes this.
  19. Fel

Fel Avatar

i assume you are by soltown , un to sol bridge and hit the moon gate , there are 3 places it sends you . sometimes you have to wait for HIGHVALE but that is where you want to go . 1 skull area with enough mobs and loot .

Elwyn likes this.
  20. landriss

landriss Avatar

I don't mind the gold levels in all of the equation except the taxes. I'm averaging about 750-1000g an hour farming gold which is fine for me right now for crafting mats. My deed would cost me 1,000 a day for the village POT deed. And I just can't afford that yet. (I fall into casual on weekdays and may play 30+ hours over the weekend or 0.) I'm sure it will balance as the economy becomes more stable. But I agree slight tweeks to something are needed and I'm sure will change with updates.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.