Gold is a problem now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The ammount earned vs sinks like regs furls and lot taxes is all that matters. Doesnt matter if you can only make 100 gold a day as long as you can reasonably acquire those gold sinks.

At the moment i think the gold reduction vs taxes is now an inflated issue

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

loot was tilted. I hear good things about loot from challenging sources. Loot is not going to recieve continuous nerfs.

3. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

I think the problem is they listen more to those who have drop like 10 000 in pledge in this game. Well that's fair that they listen to them since they have help fund the game. But they most not forget thats some of those big pledge guy are just gonna try to protect the money they have invest in this game. They don't care if you earn 1 k gold a hour and Raffle ticket are 10k , cause they are happy to see you being poor , so the money they have invest in this game make them more ''COOL'' and give them a bigger advantage. I just hope that Portalarium don't forget that if they just try to make those big money guy happy , they gonna make the game less fun for average joe. And yes average joe when he gonna pay 45 $ on steam to play a game where pve is not rewarding cause some early backer have cry to make the loot table very low. And where pvp is still really optionnal . He gonna put a bad review to this game on steam and that's how a game don't succes in 2016. Look at the review on steam right now , they need to do something to raise their score on steam. A lot of people are looking steam review before buying a game. And let's be honnest if i had not play uo a 15 years ago , i would have no clue who is lord british and would never have buy a game with such a bad reviews score on steam. This game as a lot of potential. But i think now its time for dev to stop working on housing systeme and add store and start to give a lot of love to pve if they want the game to bring new players.

And i want to say i really enjoy the game as a backer who have only drop ''140 $'' and thats why it make me sad to see them put so much effort in housing system , emote ,etc.. for add on store and not that much on pve. I want this game to succed.

The reason why i think Portalarium need to have a better connection with the whole community and not only dev+ forum is that i was freaking suprise to ear Darkstarr say ( when he announce that pvp zone will only be accessible in mplayer ) : I know the forum gonna explode...

At the same time you had like everyone on discord telling there were freaking happy with that. Why Darkstarr was so affraid about that ? Maybe some big dev+ pledger were loudly against pvp ? and that make them think that the whole community was against pvp ? When in fact most people i know ( and im not even in a pvp guild or a pvp player ) were more then happy about that. There is some disconnection somewhere that need to be fixed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Oyjord Hansen, harolddt and Ice Queen like this.
  4. harolddt

harolddt Avatar

I am mainly an archer in this game. Im trying to diversify because i am starving for gold so much i cannot progress in the game. I can BARELY scrape enough gold to buy myself arrows ( and i never pay more than 4g per 24 because i would not make it if i didnt). I will tell you what i see now, i see devs who listen to people who pledged thousands and thousands of real dollars and who dont want regular folks that only bought the game for 50 bucks to get to the level that they are. They push the devs to limit the amount that we can make while doing our business. This, in turn, affects the little guys ( who btw, make the main body of all the ppl playing this game ) who just want to have a good experience playing it, just to have the impression that they CAN have their little piece of the pie. Let me tell you one thing, the privileged few who put the money in your pockets will not tell you to cut us some slack, its not in their best interest. But if your game goes under because the average Jos like me got bored of beeing dirt poor and not beeing able to do anything about it, at the end one bad vote equals another vote in Steam ratings, they dont take into account the money you pledged or whatnot. Im not asking the moon here, but give us something at least!

helm and Headquake like this.
  5. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

You keep saying this... @Alcedes who is one of very very few people who can farm the rise says the loot is same crap as everywhere else

Kaisa likes this.
  6. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

He is not complaining about the fact that the game is not finish or that there is bugs. He is complaining about the fact that Portalarium seem to take a direction that the silent majority don't really want. And yes is the good time to talk about that since the game is still in construction. How did you explain that Darkstarr was affraid to announce that pvp zone were going to be multiplayer only ?? When there is a lot of people who are really happy with that ? I think that some people dev+ are just too loud and make portalarium believe that whats they want is what the majority of player gonna enjoy and want.

I think a great thing portalarium could do . Is to bring a in game survey in each release . Like do you thing we should bring more pvp ? How do you enjoy pve right now ? etc.. This way they would have a better view on what the majority of player like and dislike

Koldar likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Nothing says you have to start with uber gear on day one. There is plenty of stuff that is cheap enough to throw away. I've been using a generic 100 gold longsword and a lot of spells. That's less than the cost of a repair kit. It's not just about how much gold you take in, it's also about how much gold you spend. Same with reagents, there are plenty of useful spells without them, you just don't get to blow away ten enemies at once. (And if you're using reagent spells on one enemy at a time, maybe that's part of your problem!)

Also, learn where to harvest reagents. Seriously. Not all of them are easy (like Sulfurous Ash), but it's better to pay for one of them than four of them.

That's probably mostly because of the taming nerf, as that is one of the two main uses for silver ingots. And secondarily due to silver nodes being more accessible than before.

EDIT: seems those longswords are 220 from the blacksmith; I got stuck in the wilds without one of my spares, and it was cheaper to get two repair kits to go to 90/90 and get some repair skill.

4EverLost likes this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

As an archer, I'd love to know what you are doing and how you go about getting gold. I've never had a problem with arrows costing more than I make. Are you on auto-attack? Are you holding the left mouse to charge up the attack? Are you using your archer 'spells' like Aimed Shot and Disabling Shot?

helm and 4EverLost like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

i jsut confirmed potions and gems dropping on Trolls. Elven swords may be a new high-end loot but if they arent ap[-pearing it should be reported as a bug, then we sit back and see what happens

10. Andyafro

Andyafro Avatar

Can't help but question the logic in this a little bit, every investor in this game wants to see it succeed. Why would anyone want to see the bulk of the population dirt poor and having no fun?

The people who invested a lot of money surely want the game to be popular with a large and vibrant community. Not only because it makes the game they backed more fun it's also essential for the long term success of the game.

Let's not get over excited yet and give them chance to tweak things and find the sweet spots, these changes have hardly had chance to settle yet.

4EverLost likes this.
  11. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Very true, I'm more dolphin than whale as far as backers go, but I'm certainly not seeing any feeling on dev+ that portalarium listens to that group more than the $45 backers(or at all for large decisions such as the ones in this patch), or that its "us vs the poor people", I only hear this from some posters here.

Most players are going to be much close to $45, than $4500, why would anyone want less people in the game because they arent having fun and quit?

Fauxpas and 4EverLost like this.
  12. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Thats still the way they are going threw by nerfing the in game gold income to sell more coto and by putting a 10k ticket on a lottery to own get a chance to own a deed. I feel like they are just trying to push more people to buy deed in the add-on store with that loterry and to buy coto after for paying the tax . Only way to that ? nerfed the loot hard ... and thats whats they are doing right now. I understand that house and deed should be something hard to acquire but hidding them behind a huge paywall is maybe not so much strategic if they wanna a sell more game to people that can only afford 45 $.

I don't think average people realling enjoy farming 4h to buy a ticket that give them a ''chance'' to own a deed. With the number of players in game right now i bet you gonna need to buy like 30-40 ticket ( 200k -400k in game gold ) to get a fair chance to "maybe win a deed''. Lets say your farming monster that drop 50g average with all the loot sell and the gold they drop ( wich is already more then a lot of monster right now ) you gonna need to kill 4000 to 8000 of them. There is no fun on farming 60h to throw money in a lottery system. I just feel like they are trying to make farming gold so frustrating that you just go to the add on store and buy what ever deed you want and coto to pay tax. Sadly its call pay 2 win and the only people that enjoy this kind of system is those who dont care about throwing $$$$$ to enjoy the game. I would understand if it was a free to play but comon you still have to pay this game to play. Is to much to expect having fun when you buy a game ? Cause right now pve is really frustrating since they keep nerfing and nerfing the only rewarding spot , pvp is still really optionnal and instead of putting effort in that they put more and more and more effort in the housing system wich is 75 % of the game and is hide behind a huge paywall.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Both the lottery deeds and the store deeds are taxed now.
    Only the bundle deeds are tax-free and are POT only.

They have also said that in a patch or 3 COTO will drop more often in game

if they dont actually do that THEN crucify them for it.

Elwyn and 4EverLost like this.
  14. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

Yeah i made a mistake by telling ''tax free deed'' i was speaking about the Deed they sell in the add on store. And the player own town tax free deed you can get in the bundle store. What i mean is they try to make its so frustrating to get a deed in game with in game gold that you just go buy one in the bundle store or the add on store. Im already suprise that the ticket are not buy with coto in game... would have not surprise me at this point.

I have put 140 $ for the explorer pledge and 15 $ for international shipping fee ( wich is 2x time more then any AAA game on steam ). And was expecting to have a lot of fun with this game , even if i don't own a house. And just realise that i need to pay more if i want to enjoy the game. Cause they put 75 % of their effort to add new house model , new bundle and work on the housing system and PoT. And do almost nothing to improve pve , pvp and crafting . Those 3 think should be their MAJOR focus since they are really really far from being finish or even near to a state that we could call ''good and fun to play''. And the first thing new people gonna see when they enter the game is : people who have fun in their house they buy with $$$ and no content in every other aspect of the game.

And each time we talk about that someone came with the ... yeah it still in construction , nothing is finish right now ... thing gonna be better. I have buy around 20 early acces game in steam and thats crazy how most them add more new content to their game in 1 month than sota in half a years. You know why ? cause since they got the money they make the game , they not just try to figure out how to make more money. You don't believe me ? go see the Review on steam its say everything. Lets take four early acces game shroud of the avatar , 7 day to die , rust and rim world.

Sota review : 555 positive , 312 negative.
    Rim World : 4087 positive , 157 negative
    7 day to die : 26 679 postive , 6640 negative
    rust : 117 k positive , 27 178 negative

All of them are unfinished game with bug and in early acces .Why they got better review ?? cause they put 100 % of their effort in adding new content that people can play with and not only work on cosmetic , emote and bundle.

In 2014 rust have sell over 1m copy at average 20 usd dollar per copy wich give them two time more money then the 10 m sota raise in 3 years. This is not to late for sota to be a commercial succes but they need to do like all other early acces game and make a lot of effort on making the game fun for those who try it and keep adding pve , pvp and crafting content each month.

Magos likes this.
  15. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

this is not ment to argue... i just dont get it. im wearing my armor for about 150-180 ingame hours and it is down to about 39/48 (max 50). im a mage and leveled armor preservation to 40, maybe that is the difference.
    i didnt repair anything yet other than my bronze engraved harvesting tools (which happens quite often actually).

i thought armor wear and tear would be a problem, but yet at least to me its absolutely not.

Aldo and Elwyn like this.
  16. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Yep, I updated my post after you hit quote with the tax free POT deeds in the bundles.

I dont dispute for 1 second that most of my pledge decisions were so I wouldnt have to deal with in game taxes, I cant honestly say whether "what I knew' about deed acquisition had anything to do with my last upgrade. Placement order I want to say yes...it was late!.

Yes getting my house in order is pretty much whats keeping me going, the combat is fun if unrewarding, the quest system...stinks. I have less than zero interest in PVP.

17. Fel

Fel Avatar

firet release of UO was the best imo . Also pking was part of it that made it more of a rush . your heart started beating faster and you had real excitment .
    i think you are wrong , no early backers are asking for this . there are plenty in Evl guild and just as discontent as everyone else .

18. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

Buy Cotos from vendors with gold, sell them for store cash on the forums, and buy yourself a lot deed in the shop.. how hard is that?

19. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I am not currently paying taxes on my lots, but when I purchased them I assumed that I would be avoiding a minor inconvenience in taxes. I'm still hoping I win a taxed deed, but while paying its taxes is do-able for me at the rate I earn gold, it'd probably consume 2/3 of my SotA time to do so (assuming City lot).

3500 gold is about 3 hours of effort for me, considering I also gather resources while doing so. So that's literally a part time job in time spent.

Kaisa likes this.
  20. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

NOOOOO! theres nothing worse than design by the lowest common denominator.

theres some veterans, i mean kings if it comes to gamedesign at work here ([edit]developers are meant, noone else![/edit]). im not enjoying every decission and some i think could be way better, but im a strong believer, that once it unfolds and reaches a more finished state, its gonna be awesome.

pvp zones for mp only is a great example. i doubt it would have won elections if everyone would have been asked, but it was a good... the right decission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.