Golden Weapons, Armor, Houses Only For Seedinvest Bundles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TEK1, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

Will investing or buying the seedinvest bundles be the only way to get golden weapons, armor, and houses or will there also be ways for players craft those items in game?

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  2. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

I wouldn't expect to craft them but I'm sure they will be able to be traded.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I think I saw the Golden Plate Armor and Golden Cloak in the telethon when Fletcher was showing the Elven suit... looks nice.. :D

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Like all items, there should be a secondary market for those looking to purchase them. That said, I'd think these will be incredibly rare.

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  5. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

Some diseases are incredibly rare. :D

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is a game changing moment in the history of online gaming <insert no comment here> ;)

Yet for the subject of this event, it's just a dramatic "wait and see" moment as no comment can be made, other than "it's seems very dramatic" :D

So queue the slow clap and enjoy this moment of dramatic virtual history ;)~TL~
    [​IMG]
    https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b

7. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

whats a seedinvest bündle?

Sir_Michael and Time Lord like this.
  8. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Port launched another crowdfunding effort and stapled an investment opportunity to it so they don't have to call it a crowdfunding effort. The golden bundle items are the rewards, they look like they will mostly be existing objects reskinned in eye melting new textures.

9. Julian Baskerville

Thanky you good Sir...thanks for the Liiiiiiink.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  10. Julian Baskerville

Minimum Investment: US $500 per Investor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA....(breathes in)...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA...

...oh my Lord...how very British of you.

Caree Death, 3devious and Ice Queen like this.
  11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Port stopped caring about players unwilling to drop that type of cash on the game a while ago, no real surprise there. Though to be fair, the attached "investment" requires that all investors be vetted, probably by seedinvest, at non zero cost so I can see Port taking steps to mitigate that overhead expense.

Blackghost, Kaisa, Weins201 and 3 others like this.
  12. Julian Baskerville

sAeh...as we say here "asking is allways ok"...

but here, look:

MMO Market - $20 Billion
    Global Active Gamers - 1.2 Billion

Now...leme ask you how many players actually play this game at the moment? Not how many accounts made...no, the number of actual players. Now...of those, how many are willing to put half a grand into it?

Really? So, they stopped caring about me or ANYONE that isnt willing to put another 500$ into it, even if I gave my hard earned $ a while ago to play today? How very honest of you...thanks...cause its one thing to feel like it, another completly to read it black on white.

This is motivation at its finest.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

14. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

The Big Gold Belt of Giant Strength

[​IMG]

which would allow you to do this super move...

Sir_Michael and 2112Starman like this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Go to the Add-On Store and make yourself happy :D Or just play some SOTA and make yourself happy... but I wish you all happiness with what you have purchased, whatever that may be, at whatever amount that may be, for backing our game :)
    In short... "be happy" or find your happiness somewhere. Some of this sounds much too serious ~TL~;)

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

This makes me ask, this implies they care about people who do? I have 5 figures in this game, I guarantee you I have had NO more access to the devs then you have and this is no different then anyone else who has. In fact, just like you, Im paying the $350 to meet them for the first time at SOTAcon which everyone had access to, I even got the last slot, it had been open for a few months before I saw it.

This continued complaint that dev's prefer people who have put big money in is silly.

What I have noticed with our dev's is that their favoritism is more directed at people heavily invested in the social aspects of the game. People like say NBNN, Avatars Radio... community leaders who run streams and web sites.

17. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

As I have pointed out before, you have Dev+, the most important change in the game was decided based on a discussion on dev+. Hence you have more access than I.
    You think that us less well heeled backers have $350 lying around to spend on a game? Not to mention the time off from work and travel expenses?
    Unclonings, performance and combat improvements get delayed but 5 new layouts for POTs and 5 new $100+ decorations added to the store could be the starting template for release notes these day, but no it's silly to draw the conclusion that the devs are focusing on what the 1% care about.

Kaisa, Salix, reuge and 3 others like this.
  18. 3devious

3devious Avatar

If you count all as significant digits, I got 5 figures invested too, so there! :p

Mykll, 2112Starman and Time Lord like this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

There are 30+ people on the dev team. There are people who unclone zones, who build "decorations", who "program", who work on "story", who create visual effect and who do general business.

Saying combat improvements was delayed for building "Pot deco" is simply not true. They are completely mutually exclusive functions by different people on the team.

Besides the fact that there was heavy modification to Combat (Atos.. come on men, the entire new heat system for one) and there was lots of uncloaning going on, SeaWolf has been working on Seq Colossus for weeks.

But the point of course is that Atos is working on combat and seawolf is working on uncloaning Seq Collosus.

But no matter how much people complain as to why this and that randomly are not being done, its important to note... period... that this is a crowd funded game. The dev's have people hired to do nothing more then create content to sell on the addon store to make money to finish the game. I really dont understand why this is hard for people to understand. Even more so, they may sell 3 PoT based items at $600 to a "whale", however... they have sold 1000 of the smaller version at $10 to Joe player in the game. Hard to say here that they are focused on "whales".

They are focused on MAKING MONEY to pay their people to build this game... thats it.

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You dont have dev+ access so you may simple not know this. The only thing having dev+ access has given me over the past 1.5 years is access to the QA server for testing. What that means is, I can log in to QA and find things wrong and put in bug reports. This is exactly the same thing you can do now when a release goes live... no different.

We dont have any kind of super elite channel open to personally talk with a dev about my say my opinion on how combat should be. 99.999% of those discussion you have the same access as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.