goodbye and good luck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

I think most folks have it summed up here - be constructive in your positive and negative feedback about the game and its development and if you don't like the game say your peace in a professional way and move on. I don't know how or why people have the time or temerity to crap post on forums for games they no longer or never have played, but different strokes for different folks I guess!

And with that I will add my peace (professionally) - I have only been around for a year and have seen the game changed quite a lot, so yes things could change drastically between now and whenever release actually is. If you see my posts in the market forums, it is clear I am pairing down and have been doing so for the past few months. One reason is purely personal - I won't have the time I thought to devote to a crafting and social event experience at the Alpenglow Biergarten. That led me to a revelation, that right now it is the social and housing aspects of the game that I enjoy - the current state of adventuring, questing and exploring just are not working for me. So basically the part of the game I have time for I do not find much fun at all, so I am stepping away. I will still have an account but am not going to hoard land or deeds I am not going to use and want to recoup my investment.

I don't want SotA to have a WoW or TESO questing/loot/adventuring experience, but right now the way grouping, adventuring and exploring work is so basic I can't see how it will be massively different six, nine or twelve months from now.

I have no regrets about the time and money I spent on SotA and fervently hope that the improvements in these areas do happen - I would love to come back in a year and have a blast since there are so many interesting aspects of the game. I just wish the core of adventuring wasn't so far away from what I expect - I guess this is my way of imploring Port to get more people on that sooner rather than later, albeit a bit too late for me.

Community - keep on making this game great as it truly is one of the strengths of SotA and Port keep on working hard (I know you are all doing everything you can with the resources available). Good luck!

2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Correct, because something fundamental seems to have been missed at the drawing board stage OR the coding of what was decided has somehow been beyond the capabilities of the team in reality; it's got to be one or the other.

Of course people will want to argue the toss on that. I know they will. But you only need to look at the situation and ask, "Why is this sub-standard?" And, again, it's either in the planning stage or the execution stage. Can't be anything else.

3. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

It seems a bit early in the process to just walk away, I know I am taking a break right now but will be back for release (or earlier). The nice thing is no subscription that I need to keep up or anything. I can just come back and see how things have changed.

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Nyxi I hope that you find a game that you really like whether you come back here in a few months to find the game much improved or find some other new game to your liking.

I know the feeling because I'm actually a refugee from Star Citizen. At one point I realized that SOTA which had 1/10th the funding actually had 10x the amount of playable content (i don't consider demos and shows as content) so I jumped ship. Abandoned the SC forums completely because I didn't think things would change but there were people back there who I respected that were still passionate about the game.

Never regretted shifting over and I wish you the same luck in finding your dream game.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I agree with your assessment... I believe SotA has a much higher probability of actually producing a viable product than Star Citizen... And, yes, I've backed both.

hroth, Numa, MrBlight and 2 others like this.
  6. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

From your point of view, maybe.
    Not from the $ 140 Mil.

And there is many games who have a higher probability of producing a viable product than SOTA.
    From my point of view.
    Overall, it's up to each of us to decide if the game is or will be good , or bad.

Anyways, this post is about a guy quitting SOTA for an another game. Not.. a debate of Star Citizen and SOTA.

7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sorry to hear you leaving.

I'm still loving and having fun playing the game and managed to bring new players to my guild every month.

8. mercster

mercster Avatar

Things change.

Gemini and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  9. codedragon76

codedragon76 Avatar

Funny, I am kinda opposite. I am drawn more into SC than SotA atm. SC seems to have thought about game mechanics before coding, where SotA feels like they tossed a game together, and are now trying to figure out how the mechanics work.

10. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

^^ this ^^

I mean, we know it will suck for a while, some folks just have more tolerance than others. :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. codedragon76

codedragon76 Avatar

I WISH they would make some serious changes. All I have seen are tiny tweaks, which will not get us there.

12. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

If things are done right -- or close to right -- the first time, they don't have to. Look, MMOs are not new things. How to get this stuff right is known. It was known long ago. They haven't been inventing something new.

13. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Feel free to engage on what I've been talking about anytime, mate. All you've done so far is argue semantics alongside what I've meant in my replies as if you have greater understanding of my thoughts than I do.

I guess when a discussion gets to this stage and one side is trying to argue anything but the topic at hand, they've either (a) Got nothing or, (b) Are just trolling. Which one are you, mate? Serious question.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

B

15. mercster

mercster Avatar

LOL. Your hubris is astounding :)

16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Removed a few posts and closing thread. I think there's been an expression of various views on the thread, but now it's risking losing track of the original goodbye message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.