Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Yea, ok great. He wants to quit. Awsome. Is this thread really that serious? This thread is nothing but a distraction from what matters. Can we get back to things that matter?

2. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

Reality frequently beats satire, no matter how hard Southpark tries ;-)

3. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

I'm with you 100% here and this thread is starting to get a bit ridiculous imo. So someone decided to duck out. Fine, its done, he is gone and if he wants to return he will be more than welcome. As a result of this incident (and some others) Fire Lotus has posted a long and thoughtful explanation of whats up with moderation and I think we can expect that things may be a little more on the up and up after all of this. If I were a mod, I would put in a request to lock the thread. At this stage it is only causing dissent.

Can we move on now and get back to the you know, development of the game and topics actually relating to Shroud? :rolleyes:

4. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

It seems to me to him these things do matter. So to me they also do matter.
    What keeps you from getting back to other things?

5. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I grant you permission to go read threads that matter. :D

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Silence the trolls. Just look the other way and pretend none of this ever happened.

Picture of a Troll. Just look away. Try it. lol
    [​IMG]

7. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Your problem with this thread, friend, can be solved as easily as not clicking on the link.
    It's not "detracting" from anything to have a seperate side discussion going about Off-Topic events and things.
    But you are curious and want to see what's going on.;)

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Likes to me are a "trust issue" <---<<< when our newer members come to get information on our forums, to me, "likes" depict a person who can steer the seeking new comer to the proper direction to find the information they need.
    Likes serve a very great purpose to "help" point out the defenders and positive members for those newly incoming people to recognize and ask where they might find something.

There are some days where I will spend many hours going through old threads in our archives. I do this not only to find out more about our game, but also to look for those members posts that have made the greatest impact or have been supportive posts that I feel need to be recognized.

There are times when I will like an entire thread because of the wonderful debate going on, or have a wonderful subject matter that I feel needs encouragement.

A few categories I base the expenditure of likes on are;

Trustworthy : These are people who's information about our game are great and provide us with the most accurate portrayal of our world's knowledge.
    Loyal : These are people who have stayed with our game through all the bumps and hardships we have faced here and never lost faith in our game.
    Helpful : These are people who have aided others in very meaningful ways to discover our game or whatever is going on in it.
    Courteous : People that are cordial to others even through disagreements help bring a welcoming flavor for ideas to be born.
    Kind : These are very nice people that step into a conversation and create bridges of understanding with less conflict.
    Cheerful : *reminds me of a purple lama I know* These people keep the air of our forums in a happy tone and try to brighten any day.
    Brave : These are some of my most favorite people, who are un-afraid to speak their minds and pose controversial subjects to be considered.
    Virtuous : These are players that exhibit any meaningful Virtue of our Ultima, both Human as well as Gargoyle. But, holding only one Virtue can be dangerous, so I look for those who can see more, or all though any single vision.

Other things I look for to give my likes to;

Forums Blacksmiths : These people come in many different varieties, yet are all constructivists in their own meaningful way...
    Artists : Artists of all kinds are very encouraged by me because of the beauty or the deeper value they add to our world and forum.
    Computer Techs : You can never have enough computer techs when discussing anything about an online world and some will even help others with their computer
    :rolleyes:*reminds me of a wonderful member named "enderandrew" as well as many others*:rolleyes:

Hammers and Sand Paper : When you need a hammer from large to small, there nothing that compares to these people's harsh judgments upon any ideas, because some "great ideas" cannot stand the tests of such harsh or knowledgeable criticism, to help hammer out any flaws there may be within a seemingly great idea.

Tinkers and Thinkers : These are people who can take what may seen as being just a grain of sand and see the diamond within the seemingly unimportant rock within an idea or inspiration.

Innovators : These people can bring an idea that may look like a totally crazy idea at first and enlighten our game in very meaningful ways.
    Prophets : These are people that can see where a future maybe not as well thought, if not thoroughly thought before hand.
    Spirit Guides : These are people that help us by providing a very wide focus, as well as our focus to our own meaningful center.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People don't "like" each other enough around here. <---<<< that I see as the main problem that others may not have so many likes.
    Sue, on voting or choosing what's wanted posts, they are a great mechanism to be of use, so I may not like all of those posts, or maybe I will, it's depends on what's there for me to like about anything.
    I don't expect others to like other's posts in the ways that I do, or in the amounts that I do.
    Likes don't get us anything personally, but they do have an impact on those coming into our world that need help. I get many PMs almost every day here from people I don't know as well as from new people. New people are the life of our game and we all need to help them get the most clear information they need. Then they can express their own opinions with much more knowledge to help them help our game.

Paradox of Ego :
    Egos are our worst enemy, we can really be or become full of ourselves and not know it because of the "self love" we may have that we take greater interest in more than we consider others. But we all need ego in a great way when we are needed or have need for ourselves to be, or do something special.

Everyone is not likeable all the time. Every post is not likeable all the time.

Let me share with you all a true story from our forums;
    "Our Lord British" was pondering the thought of having Cannibals in our game and made that idea very publicly clear. He even stated publicly that our DreadLord Darkstarr opposed it, "Yet no one here was coming to his or Darkstarr's aide in this endeavor to this idea of his".
    I thought to myself, "how wretched of us here on the forums not to endeavor to aide our greatest Lords in such an important debate!"
    And So, I placed a very unpopular post about the subject and waited. Other concerned players joined in and couldn't believe that I was posting something on such a dreadful subject matter, while still others came and offered their most wonderful suggestions as to how such a thing could be implemented. Thinkers I might add, "that had a much deeper grasp of the subject and I was astounded by their innovations!"
    Others complained and exclaimed in their concerns, "Please don't eat me!" in support of our DreadLord Darkstarr's account, while the craftsmen of the endeavor bravely trudged through the subject with their helpful thoughts and many discussion groups of both for and against everything.
    But in the end by the time the thread died (Eating our friends RG talked about this), we all came away with having expressed our ideas through a most "unlikeable" subject matter that many did not "like" or favor and presented our combined efforts for our world's creator to ponder.
    Coming to the aide of our creating Lords is what we are all here for, as long as we never forget that "we can all suggest, but never command anything from them".

I am sorry that my video (Billy Jack) in this thread, offended some, I am sorry that my Flogging Idea offended some, yet I have no sorrow for having ever expressed my ideas, or my opinions, disregarding any that "liked them, or not" :p
    Jesting is weighed by offering the extremes of one side against the other, and I am merely a "Jester" of our world, and a jester jests about everything for everyone to ponder ;) "As We All Do" :D
    I also believe that's it quite an honor to be the first to be publicly flogged in our world and that's what this thread has become :confused: for one of our most wonderful friend and very well "liked", "enderandrew"... :eek:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Cordelayne, Beli, Ravicus and 19 others like this.
  9. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Time Lord
    You, Sir, are a schollar and a gentelman, a true prince among men.
    It is a true pleasure to be aquainted with you...but you don't have to tell anyone you know me, sometimes it's better that way.;)

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

11. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

@Time Lord, that has got to be the most well thought out philosophy for `likes` I've ever read! And, here I thought you were just throwing them around willy-nilly. Kudos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.