Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby

Toby Avatar

sometimes it can be more fun that way too. for example you can't say "jack is stupid" but you could say something like "well, looks like jack isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but maybe i can help explain it to him" etc

Duke AvorinSwiftslay likes this.
  2. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I got a warning a week or so ago for some of my comments in the New Pledge Rewards Megapost. I know my points were valid, and they were in support of SotA. Some of my posts were ultimately taken down, and I think this was in part due to the fact that it was only continuing to add to the fire, allowing the argument to devolve further. Anyway, in retrospect, I've come to the conclusion its not good for the community if people with strong opinions, like myself, are constantly arguing the merits of their points with other community members. If it doesn't lead to mutual respect for difference in opinion it quickly becomes a genital measuring contest. Also, new and prospective community members might be turned off when they see the forums always up-in-arms about what is "best" for SotA. So, I understand why the forum moderators feel pressed to take the posts down.

When this happened to me, Envy made a comment to me that was something to the effect of "Take a step back -- its not worth it." I think that pretty much sums it up. This is just my personal experience on all of this, and I don't mean to imply that your situation is the same as mine but its really not worth the headache.

Anyway, as many already mentioned, I'd recommend sleeping on it.

Cheers!

3. herradam

herradam Avatar

It seems as if this forum is heavily moderated no matter which way you lean. I wouldn't take it personally.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

You're suggesting we censor ourselves and don't post or argue any points which I can't support.

Might as well just take down the forum completely if it's "turning so many new players away".

I've never seen any evidence for that either, just speculation. It's more likely players don't like the graphics, lets be honest.

5. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I would not leave the boards forever. Instead I would take a vacation from them for awhile to think things over. I do hope though in the end you do not decide to leave forever you really are a great member of this community.

6. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

If it makes you feel any better Ender, I sold my last pledge off yesterday with my account and all. In fact, I'm not even sure how I'm still able log in and type this. But I don't want to throw your thread off topic, so yeah, mods.

Duke AvorinSwiftslay and Caliya like this.
  7. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Well support it or not it's going to happen since it's very likey in the best interest of Portalarium to not want a divided community. Yep, you're right about it being speculation -- it's my speculation from the view point of a new comer. I'd think twice about joining if the forums were full of arguments.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the topic. Ender, I think you should reconsider.

Duke AvorinSwiftslay likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

This isn't helpful Tarsin.... it's for these reasons why Ender is getting to the point where he's being threatened with a ban in the first place, because they just don't want arguments to show up on the forums, regardless of who is right.

Not sure this thread can be derailed. It's a "I quit" thread.

I've thought about this, and I'm also going to take leave of absence. I'll see you guys around later or in the game proper.

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Sorry to hear that Ender...I really value your posts and your opinions. Please don't let it get you down...we all have gotten our posts deleted and I've kind of just been trying to keep my mouth shut since my last few deletions.

I will miss your insights and awesomeness!

10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Wait, what??? Why?

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

My thoughts as well, but I didn't want to ask.

12. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Among other reasons, I needed money. :oops:

13. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

:(

14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I think it would be a mistake on your part. I believe you a welcome and informative voice on these forums. Take a deep breath.
    I used to Mod the old official UO forums, it can get rough on both sides of the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Don't give in to self-pity. You've made a commitment to the game and remember that the forum <> the game. If you just back off from the forum a little things will be ok. I'm sure the moderators make mistakes here and there, but they probably also have some good points. Besides, we are not hearing their story.

If your only way to enjoy the game is to post whatever you want on the forum, then it may be time to take a break from it.

16. Polution

Polution Avatar

If you leave, the trolls win. Just don't feed them, and never quit/leave/surrender!.

17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

What about the FAQ? Have we lost that too?

18. Ferrus

Ferrus Avatar

Damn brother, I hope you reconsider. While I didn't always agree with what you post, I did like what you had to say.

I also get why you are leaving though, and it's an issue I have noticed that has been bothering me for some time.

Take a break though, don't go for good.

19. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Wow really? I have never seen any crazy posts from you, nor have I taken issue with anything you've posted. It seems there is a bit of this happening on the forums though and perhaps FireLotus should have a bit of a word with her moderators! I am not really sure what is going on but it seems censorship may be on the rise a bit lately...

Sorry to see you go man, just take a break and come back. Take a breather and have a brew Ender :)

20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Do not let this be the catalyst for your departure. If you decide to leave, do it because you truly want to leave, not because you feel pushed out. I hear your voice friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.