Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enderandrew, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I understand what you mean and you'll notice that I rarely voice an opinion anymore because of this. I agree with almost everything you wrote except it being a reason to leave.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Enderandrews I agree don't be pushed out. You have a great voice here. I have been deleted before and I will not be pushed out. I will stay and try to be a voice for the meaningful things here and for the support of this game. I strive to speak with honor and respect to all on these forums, but at times my inner demons may sneak out, ;) not saying yours did, but please reconsider. I just found a beautiful quote. ***cheers to you*** enderandrews battle on to victory, let no one force your hand, you have much more to contribute so go for it.

'Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe things happen for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.'

3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

It must burn otherwise it will come back again and again :D

4. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

Don't leave! There's an ignore button, use it instead to filter out the trolls and negativity. It really works, I don't get nearly as angry now I can't see some people's posts :)

5. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Hey NOW!

6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

@Ender - I agree with the many who have urged you to stay. Just on a personal note - I have noticed (often) that there are trolls here, as I'm sure there are everywhere. Some have made it to my ignore list; a couple of others are perilously close. But I have never even considered ignoring you - your posts IMHO have always been good and balanced.

I think there is general agreement that the mods have a difficult job - I'm sure they see it as their responsibility to keep personal attacks/criticism/demeaning/inflammatory material out of the forums, while still allowing healthy debate. Not an easy task! And nobody, even the mods, is perfect, and gets it right every time.

I have no idea what you were pinged for, but I'm assuming it may have been for style, rather than content. In that context I am reminded that someone once said that "diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip..."

My latest "approach" in dealing with "annoying people" (gotta be politically correct:p) is to simply state my opinion (once), without attacking or demeaning the other person (that only gives them more oxygen to continue the slanging match) and then I withdraw from the debate. If they're not convinced they never will be, and further argument is a waste of my valuable time and energy.

Bottom line: please listen to the many who have urged you just to take a breath, pause, and return to enrich the forum again.

7. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

By leaving you are doing exactly what other are wanting you to do. You are letting others control your future, is that how you want to be remember here? If you are one step away from a ban then I suggest that you take some leave away from the SoTA forums and figure out why you are one step away from a ban because if what you say is true then you must take the responsibility for your poor actions, retorts and forum conduct.

Duke AvorinSwiftslay likes this.
  8. Avatar Aiden

I would rather you not go.

This feels more like bullying and you being manipulated to rage quit if they can't get you banned.

Your posts and comments are good and I appreciate the time you take to make them.

My 2 gold pieces.

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

You have to understand the whole world is governed by trolls.
    If anyone makes a statement the government/Corporation don't like, you have the entire Media/ Politicians attack that view, basically they are a pack of trolls demonising free speech.
    The Internet is policed by the Powerful Corporations with the Politicians always strengthening the law to close down dissent in our democracies, but they are willing to use social media dissent in any other part of the world if it fits into there strategies.

I have had lots of posts deleted and been banned from the forum when others complain because I don't agree with were the Dev's are taking this game.
    To me that just proves that my arguments are good and they know it, so just carry on making your point when you want to, even though our views usually differ.

10. CaptainJackSparrow

enderandrew is planning to leave us, I'm creating a petition to save enderandrew and keep him in the forum!

Sign your name and vote everyone, lets not lose our decent voices!

11. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

The mods are fine. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

13. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

Couldn't possibly care less. Rage quit. Cya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

Message Count: 2,203. Likes Received: 3,857. Trophy Points: 165. Wow. This forum would sure be the worse for your loss. I'm sure all the supportive posts on this thread have strummed the strings in your heart, creating a tune that leads you to stay.

Otherwise, can I have your sword?

15. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

I agree sir, take a step back before you make a final decision.

Duke AvorinSwiftslay likes this.
  16. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

17. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Don't give up. If you get booted, then so be it. At least a point for debate will be made. Quitting now leaves everything in limbo, for you and for everyone here too. Read this thread and realize that you have a place in these forums and support even from those who disagree with you. Add me to the list of people who look forward to your future posts. It's a story in the making and quite interesting. If you quit, then blah....

18. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I vote Yes... He needs to stay onboard...

19. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Oh, I was intrigued by your statement "I please to aim" in the FAQ thread (where you can also find moderator accolades about your work).

20. theUnwise

theUnwise Avatar

Even video games get trolled and by "well known sources" or shall i say idiots troll is just an uninteligent person taking offence or trying to give an offence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.