Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Grannus Colossus Feedback...

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by twofoldsilence, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I've played SotA for over 500 hours which is the most time I ever put into a game, so I was utterly surprised when I tried to get the Lens in Grannus Colossus, and I was thrown into a arena style cannibal camp where I have to kill waves and waves of ever stronger mobs in order to move on. This sort of game play IMO is just frustrating and no fun, and it doesn't belong on the main story path, as I mainly play solo when doing quests on the main story path, which I believe a lot of folks do, so I was wondering what everyone else thinks of this area. I for one. Am not happy with it. The main story in most games last between 80 - 100 hours, and by the end I have always been powerful enough to finish it without too much trouble, but not this one, and I have no interest in grinding just to become powerful enough to finish the story. I guess I'll just never finish the story, or try again in another 500 hours, which will be years from now.

Oyjord Hansen and Olthadir like this.
  2. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

I can say that there is no requirement to do that for the lens in Grannus... I just finished the whole thing last night.

3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

How do you get around the cannibal camp without fighting the waves of enemies. The doors locked behind me, and I couldn't progress further on the map.

4. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

I completely and utterly retract my statement.

This section of the quest, in my opinion is now BROKEN.

Not really sure what the dev team after this last patch... but wow. I literally did this quest less than 48 hours ago.

The mobs never stop spawning and the gates do not open. I would report this as a bug.

Prior to this latest patch you'd have a couple guys spawn in... and then 1 (one) ebon cultist mage. Kill him and the gates open. As of today the mobs track you down no matter where you try to hide in this little space - and they keep on coming.

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah the camps are difficult to do solo. Hopefully there will be a balance pass on this area as well as Malice to help with the difficulty gaps and progression.

Olthadir and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

Sprint, stealth and double tap run (in that order) and you can get through and out to the other side without having to fight.

Wait around and bash the beach until someone else turns up(in mp mode). Once they complete and the doors open, run through.

My favourite, run in let them spawn, move to the boat located on the right as you entered. That way the ranged have to come close since no los (line of sight).

Hope this helps, if you're still stuck PM me and I'll help you through.

Edit: I have not been through there since Thursday (I like to bash the final area), so it may have changed in spawns, however my offer still stands if you need assistance in defeating those vile hordes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    discipleofweb likes this.
  7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Seems like the spawning of the waves bugs intermittently. I have had 3 versions of it lol... Infinite, none, and what one might consider "working". The infinite wave is as described, stuff just kept spawning. I had to eventually jump onto something to get them to ignore me while I ported out. The zero waves was ... well I got locked in, waited about 2 minutes, and then the doors opened. The normal version had I want to say 3ish waves before one of them had a mage that I punked and that opened the doors.

Alternatively you can cast sprint and double tap the movement key to use focus to sprint and just book it through the doors before the "event" triggers and the doors close.

Edit: My biggest gripe isn't even about this though. If you do this place in multi-player and someone has gotten to the lens spot before you... Well the note that triggers a quest is also gone and you're left dazed and confused as to WTF is going on. You'd naturally have no clue there was supposed to be a note there in the first place so this definitely needs some adjusting. IMO that hatch needs to be its own solo instance so this crap can't happen.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and discipleofweb like this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There should only be two waves and the gates should open after that.

Also, if you die during the fight, the only ones that should spawn are the remaining ones to get the gate to open only.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. Ingot Knucklesmith

Ingot Knucklesmith Avatar

Sooooo how is this supposed to be fun? Getting stomped repeatedly with no end in sight. Enjoyable.

Olthadir likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There should also be a warning saying whether or not your character can do this quest based on current Adventure Level - same as the warning for Malice.

Paladin Michael and zyxe like this.
  11. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i agree with what's been said. i've put hundreds of hours into the game and am excited to finish, but as soon as i got here, it's like hitting a brick wall. I've tried solo, i've tried with a party of 2 and 3 and 4 and it just doesn't matter. when we get to that third control point, we all get wiped out within seconds and don't have a chance. after dying repeatedly and running out of pooled XP we finally gave up.

very disheartening.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  12. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

i can confirm that opening the gate, and dashing through works. you can get to the other side before it closes.

13. Bink

Bink Avatar

Either that's the worst scene I've ever seen, or I'm just too stupid for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.