Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graphic Suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Bluevark, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluevark

Bluevark Avatar

Hi guys,
    first I'd like to congratulate with you for this ambitious game project! I'm very interested, ad I'm really looking forward its progresses and development.
    That said, I wanted to suggest you to make some improvement in the UI graphics, I've seen some of your videos and I think that a better looking design of icons, interfaces and text could really improve the gamers experience and help to a better immersion in the game.
    I think it could be a quite easy improvement, but in my opinion very important.
    For exapmle at this stage of the game icons look really outdated, not intresting and they not rapresent properly the action or the spell the activate.

I hope this can be useful. Thank you in avance for your considaration. I'll be available for further explanations if you are interested.

Bye

Montaigne, ilcontegis, Leos and 4 others like this.
  2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Bluevark!

Sir Cabirus and E n v y like this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Welcome to the community :)

Mata likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome Bluevark!

The graphics do seem to improve a bit from release to release. Can you be more specific about what you don't like about the UI? Can you provide an example screenshot from another game whose UI and icons you think SotA should be more like?

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Let's face it, Graphics are not SoTA's strong suit. Not even in this "pre-alpha" (that has gone on for 12 months now....) has it reached the level of a watershed sandbox RPG game from 9 years ago, Oblivion. I would argue it needs to get to that level to be considered a success by the wider FRPG community.

SoTA doesn't exist in a vacuum. When you play Dragon Age Inquisition on the PS4 and then come back to SoTA it is really jarring. It is like the switch from playing a game on a computer and playing one on a mobile device or a tablet. I would say, and I think I'm being fair here, that it is like going back 10 or 12 years in time.

SoTA will never be able to achieve graphics that anyone today would consider "modern". I don't think I'm slamming the game here by saying this, it is self-evident.

Does it have to ? I would say no, but it certainly has to do better than it has done so far. The main places it must improve are in model designs (hair and beards have been clipping through the rest of the model for at least 6 months now) and in the monster AI / Variation. The rest of the deficiencies in the game might be able to be made up for by strong community interaction and incremental development improvements that can be made over a longer time period if the game can become self-sustaining.

We all want SoTA to succeed, especially those of us who have spend a lot of money to back it, but to say it is getting closer and closer every release I think would be disingenuous at this stage.

A major positive thing that can be said about this game is that it has a friendly and dedicated community.

Sir Cabirus, Leos and ilcontegis like this.
  6. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

True, still if SotA wants to reach a wider audience it is indispensable to improve the graphics, UI, animations, AI, etc. Nobody is expecting next gen graphics and animations, but we are not in the year 2000..

7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

A new, much more detailed sky with 3d clouds, better water and a depth of field effect would surely help to improve the graphics.

Lord Trady of Blix and Akro like this.
  8. enderandrew

Specific suggestions are helpful!

9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

10. enderandrew

Both of those look great!

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  11. Jadi

Jadi Avatar

Hi! Just stumbled across this game. I have to say it looks really promising! BUT while the world looks really nice I have to say that the character graphics are leaving me pretty cold. Lots of room for improvement there. I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online right now but it's way too much more like a typical MMO than I was hoping it would be after experiencing the stand alone Elder Scrolls games. So I will definitely be keeping my eye on this game! Improve the characters and I may not be able to resist!

Lord Baldrith and Sir Cabirus like this.
  12. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Did suggest that water also, but that water is still not available yet and under development if you check the source of development.

The sky is awesome. :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. enderandrew

Ravenclaw [BEAR] and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.