Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graphics jumpiness

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Pleione, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glantor

glantor Avatar

Yup, experienced this bug too with nameplates on. It's a useful feature so I've been putting up with the stuttering and sudden view jumps (looking forward at first, then suddenly looking at ground or sky the next).

2. Bigswords

Bigswords Avatar

1. Title: Graphic Jumpiness
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker No
    4. Details: Any area including sewers / caves and dungeons, there is a lot of graphic jumpiness
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Anywhere even in large towns , when spinning the screen, there is some jerkness, jumpiness. The issue is much better when nameplates are disabled.
    6. User Specs: i7-5960X, Nvidia 980 TI, 16 gig ram, 2 x 500 gig ssd and gysnc monitor. On Windows 10.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. Doschl

Doschl Avatar

same problem here...disable nameplates resolve the problem. but i want to use nameplates!

4. Sanctius

Sanctius Avatar

1. Title: Micro freezes / Graphic Jumpiness
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker -
    4. Details: There occurs micro freezes every 5-20 seconds which pauses the game for a fracture of a second and you can notice also a steep drop in fps. This causes for example the camera to change to a weird position if you are moving and rotating the view at the time micro freeze happens.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Just run around in any area and every 5-20s there is a micro freeze. The issue is more severe in populated towns (Resolute for example) where also fps is lower.
    6. User Specs: Win7 64bit, i7-4770k @ 3.50Ghz, RAM 8GB, GTX 980, SSD
    Disabling the nameplates might ease the issue slightly but i didn't notice a huge difference. Not sure if the issue is the same as other players have described above.

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I totally agree with the above sentiments. I've logged out in frustration twice this release and previously. The stutter makes it pretty unplayable / no fun, and turning off nameplates makes the game hard work. Happy to turn off for now, but as stated above, this 'bug' has been around forever.

6. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Yeah low frame-rate areas like Ardoris it happens a lot, even on the overland map as well, will try names off but it's hard enough to find people as it is lol!

7. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

This bug should get a VERY HIGH PRIORITY please. This issue caused several of my friends serious motion sickness up to the point of someone puking and someone else stopping the game. I then started to research the problem and found this thread.

It seems going to settings and disabling "Large chat names and chat bubbles" might also solve the problem. Pressing N also works. Maybe as a quick fix you could mention this in the login message?

licemeat likes this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

+1 having the same issue

9. Bigswords

Bigswords Avatar

Hi Devs,

Please put this as priority. These "micro stutters" that other posters have described is what we have been experiencing and this is terrible for my guildmates as well and their machines are pretty high spec as well (i7 , 16 gig rams with a Nvidia 980 GTX card).

When turning off nameplates, the issue is improved. But it is still there and is still very hard to play when the game jerks and your view is all of a sudden looking at the floor or sky.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  10. Silvina

Silvina Avatar

+1. having lots of gameplay issues with these micro stutters. especially in the heat of combat.

Vendetta and Balandar like this.
  11. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yes, absolutely this. My hubby and I have both been experiencing the issue every time we try to play, and turning off the nameplates doesn't help very much. It is becoming VERY frustrating and irritating to play the game, not only for the disorientation and nausea it causes but for the difficulty in combat.

For reference, we've been playing in "friends only" online mode and haven't encountered any other players yet, nor have we been playing in very "busy" areas. (Solace Bridge, Soltown, Solaris outskirts, a couple of wilderness scenes and catacombs.) It happens everywhere - towns, wilderness, sewers - and regardless of NPC proximity. The only place it doesn't seem to happen is on the overland map.

Please do make fixing this a priority. Thank you!

Tracker likes this.
  12. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

WOW pessing N solved it, thats helps a lot to mi min, but i still want Nameplates, pls fix it.

13. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

I pretty much have to keep nameplates off in combat. It makes it interesting not knowing how much health is left on a mob! I try to tap the 'G' key to target the nearest every now and then but otherwise it keeps me on my toes.

14. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This issue is known and will be addressed in the near future. Thank you for reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.