Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Graphics (suspected) as Severe Latency Blocker

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Exodus, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exodus

Exodus Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Graphics (suspected) as Severe Latency Blocker (my theory...)
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Absolutely
    4. Details: I play in off-line mode to avoid network latency as a possibility. Once the map loads and the world renders my char the graphics are beautiful however right clicking and moving the camera has a latency of about 30 seconds which is so much I have no idea where it will end up and it makes the game unplayable right now. Very early versions were also this bad but since release 12 or so this has been better with some big ups and minor downs since. Since release 28 this is really bad and I have all of the graphics turned down as much as possible and I have nothing else running at all besides OS-X. I realize we are working to make this immersive and beautiful but scaling down the graphics has to be possible along the way and that is why I suspect it is the issue. I have tried this in full screen as well as in a window and it is crazy slow to respond, so much I can't play/test. Thanks to you all for your time in reading this and your help or ideas in resolving it. I'm open to ideas from anyone. This community is the best. I have faith :)
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Launch the game, wait for the map to load and once the graphics kick in, it's pretty but see above...
    6. User Specs: MacBook Pro (15-inth, Late 2008), 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, MacPro SSD, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB, 8 GB Ram

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  3. Schaden

Schaden Avatar

its too bad his video requirements didn't keep him from donating to the kick starter, which didn't mention any minimum reqs. my mac with ntel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB is also a bit laggy for my taste.

Nhili Dragon and Exodus like this.
  4. Exodus

Exodus Avatar

John, thanks for pointing that out however this was not an issue in past releases so I wanted to mention it as it makes the game unplayable for me. In my opinion there should still be an option to scale the graphics down which is why I posted. I hope the development team will look into this a bit as I am likely not alone (or if I am I won't be for long before there will be others impacted if the minimum requirements change.) I appreciate you posting the info however I'd not like to shut down this dialog with the folks that can help just because I don't exactly meet the min reqs.

John Markus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.