Greagoir Pendragons Guide to GM Taming and other taming skills - updated Current Release

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Duke Gréagóir, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the world of taming animals in Shroud of the Avatar! I am excited about this and I hope you will be too.

My goal is hoping this helps someone think about taming as a career path in SotA. I really like having a pet battle along side of me while I am adventuring. With the Release 51 introduction of Specializations, I think it now can be.

Release 95 2021 Update - A new Taming Museum is available to tour in the POT of Dara Brae, read this posting for more details! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-dara-brae-grand-opening.170345/#post-1332549

The path was not easy and I learned a lot about how to tame and I wanted to share this with you. I am still learning and made decisions to be able to GM my taming skills. I am not one who mows down opponents fast with Area of Effect spells or high level blades skills. I am a Druid who uses some spells and a staff. I made the choice to focus more on taming as I have loved taming creatures since early Ultima Online.

Here is my current skills, I have GMed all of the taming skills (all are at least 100 each). Current as of 2021:
    ** update - Tame Creature is now level 162 needed to tame the Red Snarler Wolf. Red Snarler Wolf has 69K hit points in the wild and is a T14+ level in the wild.
    [​IMG]

R70 added the Frenzy skill.

We will discuss the taming skills in the above tree down the page a bit. Lets cover some important things you will need to know before you start

Making your Taming tools

I found these recipes in the NPC town of Ardoris (Take the Lunar Rift to Solace Bridge, exit to the Overland Map and go south). Travel to the Market area and go to the Equipment Building (the sign says Equipment) and see the General Merchant Doris Jeanette. She have 4 recipes you need:
    - Taming Collar = 1 Silver Ingot (Alchemy 20 level) + 2 strap, 1 Metal Binding (Tailoring 10 level)
    - Taming Whistle WAS Taming Whistle (aka Summoning Whistle Necklace) = 2 Silver Ingot (Alchemy 30 level) + 1 wooden pole, 1 wooden rasp (Carpentry 1 level)
    - Animal Collar = 2 strap, 1 Metal Binding (Tailoring 10 level)
    - Animal Whistle =1 wooden pole, 1 wooden rasp (Carpentry 1 level)
    [​IMG]

+ R65 =
    Taming Simplifications: We made various changes to Taming to make it more easily understood and used, especially for new players.
    • Name Changes: All references to “Summoning Whistle” have been changed to “Taming” including the name of the crafted necklace is now “Taming Necklace.”
    • Taming Necklaces: A less powerful Taming Necklace has been added that will allow taming to be more accessible to new players. The “Wooden Taming Necklace” has reduced durability and makes taming more difficult but can be purchased at Taming and Outskirts merchants.
    • Taming Collars and Animal Collars: The recipes related to the taming collar has been simplified to not require the animal collar component crafted from tailoring but to instead require those ingredients. The active “Taming Collar” recipe has been updated. A discoverable recipe has been added that works the same as the old recipe for the existing animal collars. The animal collar recipes is not being removed from the game, just removed from circulation.

Tip: You can use a new taming necklace or reuse a taming necklace that has a pet on it. Just put the taming necklace in your necklace spot and tame the new pet. If you have a pet already on the taming necklace, you can also let that pet attack and distract the new animal you want to tame while you are taming it. This will overwrite the current pet with your new pet. Thank you @ConjurerDragon for asking this question. :)

How to tame a creature:
    ** Pro Tip **
    GM the skill Collar Recovery as soon as you can to use a lot less Taming Collars.
    1) You make or buy a Taming Collar and a Taming Whistle. Put the taming whistle in your Necklace slot before you try a taming attempt. The taming collar needs to be in your backpack.
    2) On your combat toolbar put the skill Tame Creature so you can press it while being attacked. Most animals will attack you while you tame them.
    2a) If your skill level is 0 or 1, find an adventurer trainer and raise it to a higher level. **
    3) Find a creature and go into combat mode.
    3a) Select the creature you want to tame by pressing the tab key to select it. Make sure you are not selected. **
    4) Many tamers say it will be easier to tame if you reduce the hit points of the target creature by 50%, once that is achieved you want to disarm your weapon.
    5) Press the Tame Creature button on your combat toolbar and you will see if you tame the creature or not.
    6) If you are successful, the target creature will disappear into the taming whistle. If not, it will still be attacking you. Try again.

This is what I tamed and when for Tame Creature gains:
    0 - 20 = I took the Path of Love so I started out with 20 skill points. If you did not start with 20 then, Rabbits , dogs, pigs, does, foals, and chickens are good to tame at this level. These creatures are found in wooded areas or even towns (dogs).
    20 - 40 = Large Corpions and desert wolves. These are found in desert areas.
    40 - 60 = Large Arctic Wolves *if you start successful taming a lot and using up collars, then start taming Large Polar Bears. You can also tame: Brown Spider, Crocodile, and Timber Wolves.
    60 - 80 = Large Polar Bears in snowy areas. *if you start successful taming a lot and using up collars, then start taming Bear Patriarchs. You can also tame: Large Timber Wolves, Elder Wolves, Large Brown Spiders, and Red Spiders.
    80 - 100 = Bear Patriarchs in wooded areas. You can also tame: Large Grizzly Bears, Obsidian Stags, Large Polar Bears and Large Red Spiders.
    100+ = Obsidian Bears from any wooded area.

Animal Types
    Each animal type has a special ability.
    - Corpions have Poison
    - Wolves have:
    - Wolves have two attacks, the first is the standard attack that we are used to, as it hits twice for a low amount of damage per hit.
    - The second attack is a "pounce" of sort, which is their "strong" attack. It only hits once, but deals the combined damage of both hits from the wolf's normal attack.
    - Crocodiles have Knockdowna nd have very fast bites.
    - Spiders have Web and Poison
    - Bears have Knockback and Knockdown
    - Boars have a stun knockback - Thanks @Perashim
    - Wyverns have a knockdown attack, poison attack, and a cleave attack - Thanks @Perashim
    + R65 - The Wyvern’s poison attack now also adds a weakness effect and drains a small amount of focus.

** Fun Tip : In order to tame a Ferocious Red Spider or a Darkstarr Corpion , you have < 1% if you have a Tame Creature skill of 105. If you raise Tame Creature to 120 you will have 1%. You will want to have 120 or higher to safely tame a Ferocious Red Spider or Darkstarr Corpion . ** Thank you @Boradic Boneslasher and @Rada Torment for this information.

** In Release you can tame an Obsidian Boar now. At level 120 Tame Creature you have a 22% chance to tame one. Thanks to @Boradic Boneslasher for this information.

Update 05/11/2018: I have tamed a Ferocious Red Spider with taming level of 121 (the spider had under 1/2 health), it took 10 tries. My advice is if you want to tame Fero Red Spiders and Darkstarr Coprions, get your tame creature to level 121.

R66 introduced new tamables:
    • Top Tier Tameable Creatures: We have added Top Tier tameable creatures similar to the Obsidian Destroyer which is currently the highest health and overall the most powerful tameable creature. We also made a pass on the visuals of these creatures making sure these were set correctly and synced with loot drops. This is preparing for moving animal heads over to use decoration scaling similar to fish trophies. These new Top Tier creatures will be slowly added to scenes over time. For Release 66 you will find at least one example of each of these in one scene.
      • Legendary Crocodile - Found in Tanglemire in Mistrendur
      • Polar Destroyer (Bear) - Found in Brightbone Pass
      • Ferocious Obsidian Boar
      • Razorback Destroyer - Found in South Drachvald Spur
      • Large Darkstarr Corpion
      • Darkstarr Destroyer (Corpion) - Found in Corpion Road Encounters
      • Brown Arachnid
      • Ferocious Brown Arachnid
      • Red Arachnid
      • Ferocious Red Arachnid
      • Black Arachnid
      • Ferocious Black Arachnid
      • Ferocious Arctic Wolf
      • Ferocious Desert Wolf
      • Ferocious Timber Wolf
      • Ferocious Obsidian Wolf
      • Lupine Destroyer - Found in ?
    • Young Dragons Tameable: All young dragons are now tamable!
    • Elder Desert Wolf & Huge Corpion Tameable: These variants of wolves and corpions which were previously not tameable can now be tamed.
    • Top Tier Crocodiles: The health and xp on high tiered crocodiles was increased. They can also be tamed now.
    • Called in game as Legendary Crocodile.
    • Razorback: The Razorback now has a unique color.
    R74 introduced new tamables:
    • Light Unicorns: Search for these elusive creatures in roaming encounters throughout New Britannia, because now they’re tameable! And don’t kill them. Really… who would kill a unicorn?
    • Dark Unicorns: Even the dark-coated cousins of the Light Unicorns have become tameable! Find these rare beasts roaming within various overworld map roaming encounters.
    • Nightmares: Master tamers throughout New Britannia might even be able to tame the Nightmare, if they survive the attempt!
    Release 92 added a new tamable Red Snarler Wolf and the Polar Mutilator Bear. Both after tamed are Destroyer class of pet. Currently the Destroyer is the highest level. BUT these have +100/+200 more hit points than the equivalent Destroyer.

[​IMG]

Release 97 introduced
    • Big cats have finally made their appearance in Novia: Lions, Lionesses, and Tigers, oh my!
      • With the exception of one very rare, very powerful lion, all big cats can be tamed!
      • [​IMG]Lions and lionesses have chances to spawn in these locations:
        • Desert Encounter
        • Plains Encounter
        • Crag Foothills
        • Midras Ruins
        • Sequanna Colossus
        • Oracle Colossus
        • Elysian Ruins
        • Spectral Peaks
      • [​IMG]Tigers have chances to spawn in these locations:
        • Forest Road Encounter
        • Swamp Road Encounter
        • East Veiled Swamp
        • Far Hinterlands
        • East Longfall Wetland
        • Kas Ruins
        • Twins Foothills
    Release 98 more big cat tamables
    • More big cats have finally made their [​IMG]appearance in Novia: Jaguars, Black Panther, and Snow Tigers
      • With the exception of the very rare, very powerful version of each species, all big cats can be tamed!
      • Jaguars and Black Panthers have chances to spawn in:
        • Forest road encounter in Novia, Hidden Vale, and Mistrendur
        • Ravensmoor
        • Verdantis Shardfall
        • Norgard Fens
        • Sawtooth Thicket
      • Snow Tigers have a chance to spawn in:
        • Snowy Tundra encounters in Novia and Mistrendur
        • Jotungrund
    from release 99:
    • The lion roar should now properly mesmerize nearby hostile opponents
    • The lioness should now grant nearby friendly players a life attunement buff
    • The tiger roar now grants nearby friendly pets a bonus to critical hit chance
    • Jaguars now have a unique roar that grants some limited magic resistance to those nearby
    • Black Panthers now have a unique roar that grants a modest dexterity bonus to those nearby
    • Snow Tigers now have a unique roar that reduces the fire resistance of enemies that hear it!
    • Sabertooth Tigers and Snow Leopards, wild and tamed.
    • Sabertooth Tigers have been spotted in the Normal, Hard, and Extreme difficulties of Lamech’s Bazaar and Desert Encounters in Novia, Hidden Vale, and Mistrendur! When tamed, their roar grants party members additional strength!
    • Snow Leopards have invaded the Obsidian Panopticon and Snowy Mountain Road Encounters and Snowy Tundra Encounters in Novia and Mistrendur! These fierce creatures have a roar that increases crit damage vs enemies that hear it
    Release 100 -
    • Snowy Tundra Encounters: The snow leopard and snow tiger encounters no longer include normal tigers. SOTA-70279, SOTA-70278

From Release 103:
    • A pass has been done on tamed pets. The high critical damage of tamed pet has been reduced. To compensate for the lost damage, tamed pets will now have their critical damage multiplier scale with taming mastery and the tamed pet’s adventure level. The strength of pets has also been increased and scaled, which gives more base damage. Note that this only affects tamed pets, not summoned creatures.
    • More changes will be coming in the next patch for tames and summons to complete this work.
    • The pet damage bonus from the pet gear component “iron studded strip” would previously give about 15 damage each strip, so would give a total of 45 damage per piece of gear. This has been significantly reduced to give about 15 damage for each piece of gear. Meanwhile, bronze studded strip’s critical hit damage multiplier has been significantly increased from 2% to 10% for each strip, so goes from 6% a piece to 30% per piece of gear. This affects both tamed pets and summoned creatures.
    • Renamed “Tame Attack Precision” which was found on some taming equipment to “Tame Critical Hit Chance.”
    • Increased pet perma-death timer so it’s not the same as the player resurrection timer. SOTA-70526

Release 106
    • A balance pass has been done on pet foods. Bear Bites and Dragon Kibbles have been set to take three slots instead of two. Bear Bites’ combat health regen and health regen have been reduced. Dragon Kibbles’ critical hit damage modifier has been reduced. Rabbit Paté’s focus regen has been removed.
    • Added description for pet foods to specify that they are for tamed pets, not magical summons.
    • The difficulty level of the recipes for pet equipment components has been lowered from 80 to 30.
    • Item component Silver Studded Roll of Leather, that previously gave pet focus regeneration, will now give some physical and magic resistance instead.
    Release 109 :

- South Drachvald Spur: Adjusted spawning for Razorback Destroyers.
    Meaning they took from a possible of 13 Razorback boars down to at least 3 spawned. It was hard to get 128 tamer artifacts to make an Epic Artifact of one type and with this reduction GOOD LUCK! You will need more than the force to obtain that to make good tamer gear. Thank you for nerfing Tamers once again. :(
    Source: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../razorback-destroyer-spawn-adjustment.173216/

Release 113
    New Pets: Reef Spiders
    [​IMG]

Prepared visitors to the beaches of Vikland can now abscond with the wildlife: the local reef spiders have become used to human presence enough that they can now be tamed. Like their wild counterparts, tamed reef spiders are (currently) visual variants of red spiders and have no unique skills of their own.

release 116

The tamers of New Britannia have managed to break Poison Dart Frogs to their will, but Frog Goliaths seem to be just too stubborn.

[​IMG]

Best animals/creatures to use to fight with vs _____
    Undead - Nightmare (or what was called in Ultima Online = Fire Steed)
    Humanoids - Bears(knockdown), Boars (knockback), spiders (web), Corpions (poison)

Best Tank animals = Bears, Boars
    Best DPS animals = Crocodile

Large Pool of Experience
    Having a large pool of adventurer experience points is the key to quick taming level advances after level 80. I went from 99 to 100 faster than going from 98 to 99 because I had a larger adventurer experience pool. Large pool is 1 million experience points in our pool. Most adventurers will shut off all skills from gaining until they reach 1 million pooled experience points.

You can also just use your adventurer pool of experience but you will gain at the regular rate.

Now that you have tamed your first creature - look at my other guide on how I use my pet with my when I am adventuring and attacking targets - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-pendragons-how-to-be-a-tamer-in-sota.117064/

Only gain in one taming skill at a time to raise it up fast:
    Once I had my experience points in check I turned every other skill all to the negative sign (-) so these abilities would not gain. So I would only be gaining in Tame Creature . This made it easier to go from 87 - 98, and 99-100). Levels 98-99 was with I had 257,781 pooled experience points left and the gains were very slow. I needed more pooled experience points to make gains faster.

Levels 97 - 100 will go very slow. If you want to speed it up make sure you have 2-3 million experience points in your pooled xp. Even sped up it can seem like forever to raise it one level.

Collar Recovery is very important to save your silver ingots:
    Before taming make sure your Collar Recovery is at a high level so you don't burn through taming collars. I recommend level 95 when taming Bear Patriarchs as I did not loose one collar. Keep Collar Recovery a few levels above your Tame Creature level and if you loose a collar while taming, increase the Collar Recovery another level until you don't loose anymore taming collars before taming again. To tame the highest creature you may need 105 or more in Collar Recovery.

Use Heavy Armor while taming:
    I use plate armor while taming to help with the disruption when a tame hits you and breaks your concentration.

Use the Root skill in the Earth tree to keep the animal you are taming in place:
    The root spell is the only spell to use to pacify aggressive animals I wanted to tame. I tried other animal spells but they made the creature untamable. Root is very tame creature friendly. The higher Root is means it could pacify the creature up to 1/2 of the total taming attempt time. If you devote your time in getting your earth attunement up to 200, your Root spell can stop the Darkstarr Corpion for 30 seconds, which is enough time to tame him.

If you fail taming and are running for your life use the Animal Charm skill in the Moon tree:
    Use Animal Charm as a "save me before I die" type of spell. You can use this even if you have the creature's argo on you.

Getting the other skills up:
    To get the innate skills up I mainly gained in Summoning, Resurrect Creature, and Heal Creature and had all of the taming innate skills set up to gain too (Obedience, Collar Recovery, Combat Training, Concentrating, Refresh). They gained rapidly until level 80. When I was taming I was only gaining in Tame Creature on purpose.

The levels break down in the 90's like so you can plan better how much you xp need for this level gain. ** Taming Specialization uses a different amount of xp - see below. **
    91 = 46K xp needed to gain level
    92 = 50K xp needed to gain level
    93 = 58K xp needed to gain level
    94 = 62K xp needed to gain level
    95 = 69K xp needed to gain level
    96 = 75.5K xp needed to gain level
    97 = 82K xp needed to gain level
    98 = 91K xp needed to gain level
    99 = 99K xp needed to gain level
    100 = 110K xp needed to gain level
    100 - 105 = 672K xp needed to gain level
    106 - 110 = 906K xp needed to gain level
    110 - 121 = 4.5 million xp needed to gain level (where you can tame fero red spiders and darkstarr corpions)
    121 - 137 = 32.3 million xp needed to gain level (where you can tame the ancient obsidian bear). Thank you to @Griffler

Location of the Master Taming Trainer (to unlock the highest taming glyphs)
    The location of the Master Taming Trainer is in Braemar (in the Hidden Vale) and his name is Bodan Koren. In Braemar, go to the Main Street of buildings. Behind the buildings on the west side, he is wandering around in the shadows. To get to Braemar, take the ferry to Kingsport from Brittany in Novia. Then head south west until you see it past Valemark.

Taming Specialization skill:
    In Release 51 Taming Specialization skill was introduced. This makes my 350 hp Obsidian Bear into a 935 hp powerhouse. Well, a powerhouse when compared to him before. What the Taming Specialization does is increase the pet's Hit Points and strength of attack.

With my Taming Specialization at level 80 my bear can survive 2-3 on one in a Tier 5 scene. He will almost be dead but as a support attacker it is more than adequate. With Taming Specialization at 99 my Obsidian Bear can handle one Tier 6 (Viking T6 guys with 900 hit points) one on one and win.

With the Viking T6 guys above 1,000 hit points he will need my healing help and AOE spells like Meteor Shower and Ring of Fire. Your spells will draw the opponent onto you so be ready to stop healing your pet and start healing yourself while attacking with other spells or attacks.

Taming Specialization also lets Heal Creature adds a chance to remove negative effects and Resurrect Creature will reduce reagent and focus costs.

Taming Specialization each level 80 - 91 adds 10 hit points to your pet's health each level. Level 92 - 97 adds 5 hit points to your pet's health each level. Level 98 - 100 adds 4 hit points to your pet's health each level.

Taming Specialization Taming Mastery levels:
    80 = 100% mastery
    90 = 112.5% mastery
    95 = 118.8% mastery
    100 = 125 % mastery

To raise your Taming Specialization just use other taming skills (Heal Creature, Resurrect Creature, Summoning, or Tame Creature). Experience to get to which Taming Specialization level is:
    0 - 80 = 3,619,038 xp
    81 - 90 = 5,730,274 xp (9,349,312 xp total)
    91 - 95 = 5,708,942 xp (15,058,254 xp total)
    to 96 = 1,508,759 xp (16,567,013 xp total)
    to 97 = 1,654,554 xp (18,221,567 xp total)
    to 98 = 1,820,236 xp ( 20,041,803 xp total)
    to 99 = 2,002,114 xp ( 22,043,917 xp total)
    to 100 (GM) = 2,205,190 xp (24,249,107 xp total)
    at level 135 = 682,526,012 xp total. Yes, 682 million xp.

The taming skills I found useful and not useful:

Tame Creature - Needed to tame any creature. See above on how I gained this skill.

Heal Creature - Great to heal the pet. At level 40 you heal 11 - 15 health. At level 92 it was more like 21 - 25 health (+10). At level 83 it heals between 73 - 102. At 100 it heals 67 - 94 hp.

Resurrect Creature - Needed to resurrect your creature in case he dies. I like that you can select yourself and then hit resurrect to do it, instead of having to get to your pet's body. As soon as he is alive again, right click on him and select teleport him to you so he is not targeted and killed again. I raised mine to level 40, so I have 100% resurrect chance. At 100 it has a 158.1 resurrect chance and will have a -12.5% to consume reagents (so nothing).

Obedience - I think level 40 is good for this as this will determine at what level you pet will flee if his health gets too low. At level it is 30%, at level 60 it is 45%, 80 it is 60%, at 100 it is 75%. I did not see a big difference. Just keep healing your pet and he won't flee.

Collar Recovery - A modifier in helping you not loose any taming collars while taming. At 100 it is 184.7%.

Concentration - This will help reduce the focus use while the pet is active. Get this as high as you can while getting your focus as high as you can. Then you will be able to use magic spells or combat moves and fight along side your pet. At 100 it is a 50.3% reduction in focus drain from you.

Refresh - This is how long you can summon a creature again. At level 1 it takes 15 minutes between summonings and at level 88 it was about 6 minutes between summonings. At level 100 it is 2 minutes and 32 seconds . Find a balance like maybe level 40 for 8 minutes between summonings.

Summoning and Combat Training - These work together to determine the health and power of your pet while summoned with the summoning skill. My bears are at a good level of health and power with my summoning at 86 and combat training at 91. In Summoning 100 you have a +89 Tamed Creature Max Level. In Combat Training at 100 you have +15 tame level bonus.

Combat Training at 80 (+14 tame level bonus), 94 (+15 tame level bonus), 121 (+16 tame level bonus)

Pair Summoning and Combat Training with Concentrating and you have a pet you can battle along with and not feel like both of you are going to perish quickly.

R66 introduced new taming skills:
    New Taming Skills: A variety of new taming skills have been added that let you level up various aspects of your tamed pets.
    • Pet Speed Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s dexterity as well as its movement speed.
    • Pet Hide Toughness Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s damage resistance as well at its magic resistance.
    • Pet Strength Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s strength which in turn increases its overall damage.
    • Pet Attack Precision Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s max critical hit damage.
    • Pet Taunting Training: Taming tree skill that increases the pet’s ability to take and control aggro from creatures.
    R70 introduced a new taming skill:
    - Taming Frenzy Skill: This is a new active skill for taming. Using it gives your pet a short term combat buff.

R95 introduced new taming gear for your pets
    - 12 crafting recipes for pet gear and their subcomponents have been added to the game. Players can now craft gear items for their pets and place them onto the recently-added examine window for pets!
    • Players must first craft the subcomponents which are needed to craft a Collar, Toy, or Accessory. These subcomponents are called Strips and Rolls. Rolls have effects more related to tank type abilities, and Strips have effects more related to DPS type abilities.
    • The first round of Collar, Toy, and Accessory recipes includes 6 options, and each of these pet equipment slots feature a tank-related and DPS-related item. For instance, the first offering for a DPS accessory is called the Leather Harness of Speed, and the first offering of a tanking accessory is called the Chain Harness of Resistance. DPS-related items allow room for 3 Strips and 1 Roll in the recipe, allowing players to stack more DPS-related subcomponents into the mix, and tank-related items allow room for 3 Rolls and 1 Strip in the recipe, allowing players to stack more tank-related subcomponents.
    • These recipes drop as loot throughout New Britannia, and for those wanting to charge right in and find these items, here are the drop locations:
      • Gem Studded Roll of Leather: Skeletons in Graff Gem Mines. Gives you a +3.33 Companion Critical Hit Reduction was +10%
      • Gold Studded Roll of Leather: Ebon Dawn in South Drachvald Spur. Gives you a +1 Companion Health Regeneration was +4
      • Silver Studded Roll of Leather: Bandits in North Drachvald Spur. Gives you a +1 Companion Focus Regeneration was +4
      • Bronze Studded Strip of Leather: Barbarians and the Dragon in Ulfheim. Gives you a +2% Companion Critical Hit Damage Modifier was 6%
      • Copper Studded Strip of Leather: Satyr and Fauns in Spectral Peaks. Gives you a +0.667% Companion Critical Hit Chance was 2%
      • Iron Studded Strip of Leather: Liches and Skeletons in Despair. Gives you a +11 Companion Damage Bonus was +18
    • These are the items you can use the rolls and straps to combine to make:
        • Leather Harness of Speed: Elves in Shaminian Hills. Gives you +15 Companion Movement Rate. -22.5 Companion Physical Resistance.
        • Chain Harness of Resistance: Invaders and Chests in Lord British’s Castle. Gives you +45 Companion Physical Resistance. -7.5 Companion Movement Rate.
        • Leather Collar of Motivation: Barbarians and the Frost Giant in Jotungrund. Gives you +5 companion Level. -22.5Companion Magic Resistance.
        • Leather Collar of Warding: Kobolds in Norgard Fens. Gives you +45 Companion Magic Resistance. -3 Companion Level.
        • Leather Ball of Haste: Bandits and Druid in Outlaw’s Run. Gives you +10% Companion Attack Speed. =5 Companion Dodge Bonus
        • Leather Ball of Dodging: Bandits in Longfall Woods. Gives you +10 Companion Dodge Bonus. -5% Companion Attack Speed.

Tips on Taming Tamable Creatures
    - Legendary Crocodile - to tame one at 46% chance, get the Legendary Croc under 2000 hit points and have Tame Creature at skill level 121.

Common Animal Hit Points List

Combat Training and Taming Specialization are the two skills that will raise your pet's hit points. Below are a few examples of this.

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 80 (+14 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 1.
    - Obsidian Bear - 645 hp
    - Grand Boar - 421 hp
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 577 hp
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 599 hp

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 80 (+14 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 40.
    - Obsidian Bear - 866 hp with a focus drain of 213.6 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Grand Boar - 609 hp with a focus drain of 135.6 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 741 hp with a focus drain of 236.2 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 838 hp with a focus drain of 236.2 (Concentration at level 100)

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 80 (+14 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 80.
    - Obsidian Bear - 1100 hp with a focus drain of 213.6 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Grand Boar - 807 hp with a focus drain of 135.6 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 913 hp with a focus drain of 236.2 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 1081 hp with a focus drain of 236.2 (Concentration at level 100)

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 92 or 100 (+15 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 80.
    - Obsidian Bear - 1113 hp with a focus drain of 218 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Grand Boar - 818 hp with a focus drain of 139 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 922 hp with a focus drain of 240.9 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 1091 hp with a focus drain of 240.9 (Concentration at level 100)

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 92 or 100 (+15 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 100.
    - Obsidian Bear - 1231 hp with a focus drain of 218 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Grand Boar - 918 hp with a focus drain of 139 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 1009 hp with a focus drain of 240.9 (Concentration at level 100)
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 1214 hp with a focus drain of 240.9 (Concentration at level 100)

Hit Points of animals at Combat Training level 92 or 100 (+15 Tame Level) and Taming Specialization of 100 and Summoning of 121 (GM+).
    - Razorback - 1462 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    - Ferocious Patriarch Bear - 1550 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    - Large Obsidian Bear - 1550 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    - Ferocious Obsidian Bear - 1550 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    - Obsidian Destroyer - 2248 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    - Wyverns - 1178 hp with a focus drain of 328 (Concentration at level 100).
    ** Baby Dragons have the same hit point structure as the Wyrvens.

** all hit point numbers are as of 09/28/2018. Hit point numbers can change if/when Catnip Devs changes some code or ability. **

*Fun Fact: If you raise your Combat Training from level 94 (+15 tame level bonus) to level 106 (+16 tame level bonus), it will not increase your pet's hit points IF you your Summoning skill is at 100 or under. Tested this with a Obsidian Bear and the Darkstarr Corpion (the current highest hp creature as of 3/16/2018). **

If you raise your Summoning to level 118 it will raise all pet's hit points up. Tested this with the top four pets on 05/12/2018.)

In Release 93 we can now view the pet's paper doll showing important stats. To access it right click on your pet health bar and name (upper left corner) and click on Examine in the drop down menu.

With my buff gear (listed below) and the 3-day taming buff. No pet food and no pet toys.
    [​IMG]

This is the polar mutilator without any Taming Specialization BUT with the other skills that I have (see Taming Tree picture towards the top). This is with no 3-day taming buff, no pet food, no artifacts or taming gem/jewels.
    [​IMG]

When you add in Taming Specialization you get a large bump in Strength, Damage, and Hit Points. This is with no 3-day taming buff, no pet food, no artifacts or taming gem/jewels. Taming Specialization makes you into a real Tamer instead of a mage or fighter with a combat pet out instead of a Summon.
    [​IMG]

When you add in the 3-day taming buff, taming artifacts and/or taming gem/jewels. No pet food though. You will get up to 5,538 hit points / 690 strength / Damage 92.3 - 153.8. (OR MORE if your skills are higher than mine.) Pet food can add +350 more hit points or other stats.
    [​IMG]

Artifacts
    I have been asked what taming artifacts do I wear. To get the 5,500+ HP Polar Mutilator Bear with the +3 day Taming buff (+10 Taming Level) I use:

Helm of the Wolf Spirit, Legendary
    Gloves of Control, Legendary
    Belt of Control, Legendary
    2x Ring of the Ringmaster, Legendary
    Ringmaster's Vest, Epic (when in light armor) or Epic Plate Chest with +10 Tame Level Gem
    Ashen Wand of the Ringmaster with+10 Tame Level Gem (picture down below in the imbued gems area.)
    Shield of the Ringmaster with +10 Tame Level Gem (picture down below in the imbued gems area.)

[​IMG]

- Helm of the Wolf Spirit , Legendary * Artifact - created by taking 16 common =1 Rare 4x Rare to make legendary
    - Belt of Control, Rare * Artifact - created by taking 4 common = 1 uncommon 4x uncommon to make Rare
    - Ring of the Ringmaster Rare * Artifact - created by taking 4 common = 1 uncommon 4x uncommon to make Rare
    - Fortified leather Gloves Rare * Artifact - created by taking 4 common = 1 uncommon 4x uncommon to make Rare
    - Boots of the Energetic tamer Legendary * Artifact - created by taking 4 common = 1 uncommon 4x uncommon to make Rare
    4 Rare to make legendary

All of the above can be combined by taking two Legendary artifacts together.

- Blessing of the Tamer (See below for more details on getting this )

Skills
    - Heal Creature 120
    - Summoning 140
    - Obedience 121
    - Collar recovery 140
    - Pet Res 140
    - Frensy 140
    - Combat Training 140
    - Pet Speed 130
    - Pet Strength 135
    - Concentration 120
    - Refresh 120
    - Taming spec 132
    - Pet Taunt 120
    - Pet Attack 120
    - Pet hide 120
    oh nearly forgot "Taming" 161

Pets max HP with the above skills and artifacts
    full taming mode / Battle mode (Full non Taming Armor ) no boots , gloves, helm

- Nightmare = 4355 /3716
    - Obsidian Destroyer = 4355/3716
    -Razorback = 4355 /3716

-Frocious Obsidian Bear = 3067/ 2640
    --
    - Young Yellow Dragon = 2630/2282
    - Purple Wyrven = 2630 /2282
    --
    - Obsidian Bear = 2658 /2263

Top level Creatures fall to my taming at full health with a chance of 14% with out any these equipped: no boots , gloves, helm
    i do this regularly solo ,

++ End by @Storm Silverhand

Summoning skill level to summon common pets:
    - Grand Boar - 34
    - Large Red Spider - 40
    - Bear Patriarch - 44
    - Obsidian Wolf - 50
    - Obsidian Bear - 54
    - Ferocious Wolf Spider - 59
    - Ferocious Brown Spider - 59
    - Obsidian Boar - 59
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 79
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 79
    - Razorback - 79
    - Large Obsidian Bear - 79
    - Wyvern - 79
    - Ferocious Obsidian Bear - 84
    - Legendary Crocodile - 84
    - Obsidian Destroyer (Bear) - 89
    - Nightmare - 89
    - Light Unicorn - 89
    - Dark Unicorn - 89
    - Red Snarlier Wolf - 89
    - Polar Mutilator Bear - 89

How to increase your focus to battle the focus drain of having a tamed creature out:
    1) put as many skill points in the skill Heightened Awareness under the Focus skill tree. Mine is at 80 for +80 focus.
    2) Increase Train Intelligence under the Focus skill tree. Mine is at level 87 for +43.5 intelligence which translates to roughly +21 focus.
    3) Cast the Enlightenment skill under the Sun tree. Mine is level 80 for an increase of 40 focus.

Focus Drain:
    I will list a few animals and their focus drain at my current Concentration level (94) to give you an idea. Pets cost a lot of your focus.
    - Obsidian Bear gives you a -222.4 focus drain.
    - Fero Red Spider and Darkstarr Corpion gives you a -260.3 focus drain.
    - Grand Boar gives you a -141.8 focus drain.

How much experience does the skills take?
    Tame Creature (to 100) = 1,212,424. 120 = (8,157,124 xp)
    Summoning (to 100) = 1,212,424. 120 = (8,157,124 xp)
    Heal Creature (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Obedience (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Collar Recovery (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Resurrect Creature (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Combat Training (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Concentration (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Refresh (to 100) = 1,212,424
    Taming Specialization (to 80) = ** Look above in the Taming Specialization section **

Magic buffs that you can cast on your pet:
    - Air's Embrace (dexterity)
    - Healing Grace (healing)
    - Celestial Blessing (resistance to death)
    - Purify and Purify Burst (negative status removal)
    - Strength of Earth (strength)
    - Enlightenment (intelligence)
    - Soothing Rain (healing)
    - Light (light)
    - Elysian Illumination (healing)
    - Cleansing Rain (Soothing Rain + Banish Undead)
    - Healing Blast (healing)
    - Healing Ray (healing)
    - HealingTouch (healing)
    Thanks to @Numa for helping with the buff list. :)

Sometimes you cannot cast a buff on your pet if you are in a group. Best to do it when you are by yourself with your pet. Make sure you target the pet before applying the buff.

Blessing of the Tamer - Buff
    In R53 and after it gives your pet +10 levels.
    Zone: South Boundless Forest
    Spoiler: Solving the totem puzzle & Getting the Blessing of the Tamer
    Boar totem (location -262.4, 39.1, -168.5) - make it face NORTH
    Wolf totem (location 157.8, 32.1, 129.2) - make it face SOUTH
    Stag Totem (location 188.4, 64.0, -168.1) - make it face EAST
    Bear totem (location -82.6, 37.4, 381.7) - make it face WEST
    Thanks to @Rinaldi for uncovering this puzzle solution.
    [​IMG]

Link to Rinaldi's notes - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...asure-hunts-spoilers.61625/page-4#post-970567

Coswald has a video of a second Taming buff here:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...e-expansion-and-the-new-buffs-therein.168260/

Quick keys
    These keys on your extended keyboard (or laptop with a number pad) will let you control how your pet reacts or to quickly have them follow your command. OR you can right click on your pet to access the same list (I right click instead of using my numeric keypad.

Num Pad 1: Passive = this will make your pet ignore any targets.
    Num Pad 2: Defensive = Your pet will only attack your target if you get attacked first.
    Num Pad 3: Aggressive = Your pet will attack a random target of their choice.
    Num Pad 4: Stay = Your pet will stay in the spot when you tell them to stay.
    Num Pad 5: Follow = Your Pet will follow you around.
    Num Pad 6: Attack
    Num Pad 7: Dismiss your pet back into the taming whistle. Verified by @Portia. Thank you.
    Num Pad 8: Teleport to my location in the same scene = this is good if your pet gets stuck and cannot pathfind their way to you.
    Num Pad 9: Stop Attacking = Your pet will stop attacking the target. Sometimes your pet is so engrossed they won't stop even if you tell them multiple times.

Jaath Windsong has an Excel spreadsheet with what to take and what level broken out at this thread - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/taming-and-summoning-chart.60911/

Release 83 added tamable mounts you can ride
    Three of the new mounts are specifically reserved for the tamers of New Britannia! Tamers will be able to exchange their tamed horse pets for a bridle, which is the inventory item that allows players to summon a mount. More details will soon be revealed, but current plans will allow players to trade-in the following Taming Necklaces:
    • Taming Necklace (Bay Horse), Trade-In Yields: Bay Horse Mount
    • Taming Necklace (Blanket Horse), Trade-In Yields: Blanket Horse Mount
    • Taming Necklace (Palomino Horse), Trade-In Yields: Palomino Horse Mount

R90 added the ability to take an Artifact and Salvage it for a Gem unique to itself. This will give you one power from the artifact (predetermined).

Imbued Gems
    xxx of the Ringmaster = +10 tame level bonus. Can use two in dual socketed weapons. Off the Ringmaster Vest

Imbued Jewels
    xxx of Control = +5% Taming Specialization Bonus. Off of the Gloves of Control
    xxx of the Tamed Precision = +0 Attack Precision. Off of Belt of Control. +0 means it is smaller than 0.
    xxx of the Bear = +20 Tame Taunt Power. Off of the Bear Helm.
    xxx of the Energic Tamer = +0 Tame Move Speed. Off of the Energetic Tamer Boots. +0 means it is smaller than 0.
    xxx of the Ringmaster = +6 Tame Level Bonus. Off of the Ringmaster Ring.
    xxx of the Stag = +1% Tame Chance Bonus. Off of the Stag Helm.
    xxx of the Wolf = +10 Tame Creature Strength. Off of the Wolf Helm.

Imbued Gems
    xxx of the Ringmaster = +10 Tame Level Bonus. Off of the Ringmaster Vest.

Recipes to put the gems and jewels in armor and weapons:
    Get off the Obsidian Panopticon Watch Commander.

Example of a Wand and Shield with Imbued Tame Level Gems
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Flair mentions sometime between release 116 and 122 there were: "blue frogs found in the new treasure maps.. or the fact the ferocious wyverns are in a rainbows of colors now instead of just purple and white."

I hope this guide helps you in your quest to be a GrandMaster Tamer and BEYOND.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please let me know if there are any corrections please let me know too. My goal is to keep this updated for every release going forward to be a guide for all new players.

Sincerely,
    Lord Greagoir Pendragon, ONBE
    Duke of Dara Brae

Edits:
    03/07/2018 - Original
    March 08 - 15, 2018 - Added in common pet summoning level and hit points, Advanced Trainer location for high level Taming skills and Specialization unlock, Experience Points for each Taming skill. Added Taming Specialization of 88 for hp comparison. Added Hroth's base skill for comparison.
    03/16/2018 - Hit 100 GM in Taming Specialization
    03/26/2018 - Added tip of successful taming of a Ferocious Red Spider or Darkstarr Corpion. Updated for 03/27/2018 launch. And Paws investigation of max level of pets.
    04/2018 - Added Taming Tools, blessing of the tamer video
    05/2018 - Added +10 taming bonus update in R53. Added more stats of Summoning > 100.
    06/2018 - Updated pet health and focus costs for Release 54
    09/2018 - Added Obsidian Destroyer, Razorback, Large Obsidian Bear, and Ferocious Obsidian Bear for Release 57.
    10/2018 - Added Wyvern for Release 58
    12/2018 - 02/2019 - Nothing new for Release 59, 60, 61, or 62.
    03/2019 - R63 Added ** to help new tamers. Thank you @Hsitirb .
    04/2019 - R64 - nothing new for release.
    05/2019 - R65 - All tamed pets should see roughly a 25% increase in DPS. Taming Whistle changed.
    06/2019 - R66 - Added the new taming skills
    08/2019 - Added Taming Artifact list link
    09/2019 - R69 updates
    10/2019 - R70 updates
    12/2019 - R71 and R72 no taming changes or additions.
    01/2020 - Added magic buffs you can cast on your pet.
    02/2020 - Added three new tames nightmare, light unicorn, dark unicorn
    03/2020 - 04/2020 - Nothing new for release R75 and R76. (well except they fixed Fero Red Spiders.)
    05/2020 - Added max pet HP when you use three taming artifacts (Ring, Belt, and Bear Helm plus 120+ in Summoning and Combat Training.
    11/2020 - Tamable mounts added
    12/2020 - 03/2021 - Nothing new added to game
    04/2021 - Added Legendary Crocodile information under Tips on Taming Tamable Creatures. Also added where these legendary and destroyer pets are found
    05/2021 - Updated skill picture. R90 changes added.
    07/2021 - Release 92 Red Snarler Wolf and Polar Mutilator Bear added as a tamable. - Destroyer Class
    08/2021 - Added 2nd Taming Buff info and link to video. Cleaned up guide and added Ringmaster Gem Wand and Shield Examples. Added taming collar and taming whistle recipes.
    09/2021 - Added R93 Pet paperdoll examples and what artifacts / crafted armor with imbued gems/jewels I wear.
    10/2021 - New Tamables in R94 Ferocious Wyvern and Juvenile dragons.
    11/2021 - New Taming Gear added in R95. Modified the power levels due to a BIG NERF that hurt all tamers!
    12/2021 -
    Release 97 introduced Big cats Tamables.
    01/2022 - more big cat tamables.
    Release 100 - tigers removed from Snow scenes.
    Release 101 - fixes to cats
    Release 102 - no changes
    Release 103 - Changed the inner working of Pets Damage and such. Why cannot we just leave the pets alone and not play this decrease of power and then slight increase of power but yet stull nerfed?
    Release 104 & 105 - no changes
    Release 106 - Changes to Pet food taking more slots to use - decreasing pet power once again.
    Release 107 - no changes
    Release 108 - The effect of bard specialization on frenzy has been halved. Bard spec was giving the same effect as taming spec, which was much more than intended. SOTA-70414
    Release 109 - South Drachvald Spur: Adjusted spawning for Razorback Destroyers.
    Meaning they took from a possible of 13 Razorback boars down to at least 3 spawned. It was hard to get 128 tamer artifacts to make an Epic Artifact of one type and with this reduction GOOD LUCK! You will need more than the force to obtain that to make good tamer gear. Thank you for nerfing Tamers once again. :(
    Source: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../razorback-destroyer-spawn-adjustment.173216/
    Clarified taming necklaces that can be overwritten.
    Release 110 -112 - No taming changes
    Release 113 - tamable reef spiders.
    Release 114 - 115 - no taming changes
    Release 116 - tamable frogs
    Release 117 - Release 122 = no taming changes :(

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Great Guide, a lot of good information but before you take the time and effort make sure you really understand what you get from the taming tree and how it compares to a plain old summons, or any other skill.

If you are new to the game train something else first. You can always come back to it later.

I know taming is something players want to do and train but not worth it when you are just starting out.

BTW I have been taming since it was allowed, I have 4 GMS and over 700 points in the tree so I do know hat I am talking about.

RESERCH this skill before you go further

This guide is great on the how too.

Just so you see where I am coming from -
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-taming-what-is-it-going-to-look-like.108285/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-confirmation-on-concerns.110401/#post-948895
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...as-expected-yes-here-is-the-bad-again.111132/
    So I have been there and trained it just thought you all should know

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Added information in first posting with taking Taming Specialization to 95. I have 6 mill xp in my pool and I think I will need 12 mill total to get from 95-100 as it took 6 mill from 90-95. That is not leaving anything left in my experience pool

I used Obsidian of Unlearning scrolls to get my pool up to 18 mill before going from 80-95 so my other skills are all the basics (1 or 40 for regular skills and 80 where they were a prerequisite to the specialization skills). It was important to find out now before release in 2 weeks.

If anyone wants to help me out and adventure with me in a higher level area than tier 5 to help me get lots of pooled xp quickly (probably 7 mill so I have 1 mill left over so I can absorb the entire 12 mill into the taming spec pool quickly) it would be appreciated.

@Weins201 Please let this be an information thread and not an argument of taking or not taking. It is important for others to see what it takes to get to 100 taming specialization so they can make an informed decision. I appreciate and respect your opinions and I think your warning posting above is enough so others can see what else they can do besides taming as in the current shape it is in. Thank you.

Time Lord, Lesni, Rentier and 3 others like this.
  4. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thank you Duke Gréagóir !

I would be curious to see if you might get Combat Training from 92 to 100 to see how that increases strength in your respective pets just because of what Atos said:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...hris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-6#post-940842

"I think I'm getting close. First, I'm upping the base strength value for tamed critters. Should give about 10-20% more base damage and some HPs. Second, for Taming masters, they get 125 x taming Mastery % for str, 50 x taming mastery for Dex, and 100 x taming mastery for hit points. The result, with 100's in all taming skills [including Combat Training] and 80 in Taming mastery, [Obsidian] bear friend has around 1100 hps and hits for 50 with non crits."

5. Duke Gréagóir

Hi @hroth

I advanced my Combat Training to 100 and my Taming Specialization to 97 (had done the tame Spec advancement before I read your message). My Obs Bear is at 1045 hp (Combat Training 100 and Tame Specialization at 97), before getting Combat Training to 100 from 92 my Obs Bear had 1039 hp (Combat Training 92 and Tame Specialization at 98). At 92 I get +15 taming bonus, and won't get 16 taming bonus from Combat Training until level 105 or 106 I believe.

I think this is because - "The result, with 100's in all taming skillsl [including Combat Training] and 80 in Taming mastery, [Obsidian] bear friend has around 1100 hps and hits for 50 with non crits." I am a far way off with some of my skills since it requires 100s in all taming skills except taming spec. Some of mine are at level 40 yet. It took 600k xp to get Combat Training from 92 to 100.

Unfortunately, I don't have that much space experience as I am just at 1.2 million exp pool. I think I would need about 4 - 5 million to get the rest all to 100 each.

EDIT: Combat Training at 104 does not give you +16 Tame level bonus. added clarification.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Time Lord and Rentier like this.
  6. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thanks @Duke Gréagóir - just one point of clarification. Do you mean that Combat Training at 92 (+15 Taming Bonus) and Combat Training at 100 (still only +15 Taming Bonus) is giving you slightly different hp (1039hp at Combat Training at 92, 1045hp at Combat Training at 100)?

I do think that Combat Training (if the tooltips can be trusted) is the main glyph that should matter. Even Summoning should only gate which pets you can summon, not how powerful they get summoned in at.

Cheers,

Ben

EDIT: By the way, a data point of interest might be the difference Taming Specialization makes.

Here are hp for Taming Specialization = 1 (unlearning), and all Taming Skills at 80 except Resurrect Pet which is at 23:

- Obsidian Bear - 460 hp
    - Grand Old Boare - 334 hp
    - Ferocious Red Spider - 390 hp
    - Darkstarr Corpion - 413 hp

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Duke Gréagóir and Numa like this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks @Duke Gréagóir for all those info and data points. I think this is the closest Taming has got to being viable again since being nerfed a long time ago.

I'll be sticking to buying my pets instead of sinking all those into the taming and collar recovery skills. Will just level the dependencies enough to reduce the focus requirements for maintaining a pet - I can live with the summon cooldown as it is.

I'll be happy enough just to have a 900hp bear at my side during my adventures :)

8. Duke Gréagóir

Yes (1039hp at Combat Training at 92, 1045hp at Combat Training at 100). I clarified it in my posting as it was just jumbled thoughts. Thank you for asking for a clarification.

Time Lord, Ben_Hroth and Numa like this.
  9. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Fantastic information. I've added it to my thread on Reddit trying to quantify each of the Specializations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudofth...specializations_what_secret_powers_does_each/

If you have a chance, please let us know what the other critters (Darkstarr Corpion, Grand Old Boare, and Ferocious Red Spider) are at the Taming Specialization at 97. That's an INCREDIBLE amount of XP on the Taming Specialization!

Numa, Bow Vale and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

QA Test over no 1,100 hp bear. :( Only 1026 hp. Yes, I bug reported it already. :) Gotta try to win a antfarm deco.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Time Lord, Ben_Hroth and Numa like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

That is an impressive skill tree but since you are testing all this out, wonder if you could look at your bear with the tree like this

20 Tame
    54 Summoning Min for Obs Bear
    40 in Obedience (min prerequisite)
    80 in Combat Training (min Prer)
    and then whatever you have in the Special

Or someone can point to me what to change in Single Player and I will do it.

But that would be a true test of the skill tree then addition of the special?

12. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

@Weins201 you have been very kind to me ingame and I am very appreciative. Please PM me and I can guide you how to do this offline Single Player.

Cheers

Ben

13. Ciinen

Ciinen Avatar

Did they make a change that you can not tame over necklaces now or is that a bug? My tame stays greyed out when I tried to tame over a necklace with a pet on it. I use a new necklace and I am able to tame. I tried letting the pet die and not res to see if that would clear it. It decayed and still had the name of the dead pet on it and could not recall it since it was gone. I love taming and have it in the 80's but if this is a new change that you have to use a new necklace every time not sure I will keep doing it 4 silver ingots a tame even with collar recovery will be rough. I will spend more time getting silver then taming pets. Can someone shed some light on this. Thank you.

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have been tamoing over neckalces tha last few days - are oyu trying a mimic necklace?

15. Ciinen

Ciinen Avatar

No i used an old necklace that had a horse on it and then i made a new one and used that same thing. Guildmate said they had the same issue that's why i did not know if it was a change or not.

16. Duke Gréagóir

Here is the answer:

So. 1026 hp is the best for all 100’s and Taming Specialization at above 80.

Due to currently having Taming Specialization at 99 1/2 in Prod, My Obs bear has 1043 hp. Just 1 mill xp to go to GM!

Time Lord and Ben_Hroth like this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

18. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Grats!

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  19. wtaylorjr2001

wtaylorjr2001 Avatar

This may not be the place to ask this and if it is not please forgive me. My question is how do you repair taming necklaces. I have a low durability one with a favorite pet. Yes, I have a favorite pet after four days of taming.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

As of this point, I don't have a summoning whistle that has any durability loss. I would try a carpentry or blacksmith repair kit and see. Those re available at any combat merchant or blacksmith.

Time Lord likes this.