1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Great White Shark and Megalodon!

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Arturius Magnus, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturius Magnus

Arturius Magnus Avatar

A Great White Shark deco would definetly get me into fishing, the Megalodon would be the same model BUT like 3 or 4 times the size of the Great White Shark-

We already have the Tiger Shark... but Great white is waaay cooler....

So cool stuff would be:

1.- Megalodon (Ancient Great White)
    2.- Great White
    3.- Giant Squid or Colossal Squid (Kraken?)
    4.- Great Hammerhead Shark
    5.- Orca

Thanx!

Elgarion, Joe Zhudarak, Tailz and 5 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Great suggestions. It would also be cool if we could see water life here and there like plant life, a fish jumping out of the water, a whale in the distance, message in a bottles, lobsters and clams moving around, and even the thought of getting krakens and sea monsters in for our future boating travels.

Elrond and Ravenscar like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

And recipes for each!

But all of these are salt water fish. I would love to see some more fish in fresh and fetid water as well, and associated high tier recipes for the fish, to make those areas worth fishing.

Bull Sharks would be a great mid tier addition as they can go in any water type and have been found swimming hundreds of miles up rivers in South Africa and Mississippi.

Crayfish and other crustaceans that can be put in multiple water types would be great too.

Ravenscar likes this.
  4. Arturius Magnus

Arturius Magnus Avatar

If the Megalodon is too big for a model, how bout just the GIANT head of the Megalodon as deco

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I see no reason why we couldn't have both. The mososaur is huge and the size difference between a mososaur and a megladon is negligible, so I really would love a hanging Megladon as well as an array of shark teeth for both jewelry and decos.

Arturius Magnus likes this.
  6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Sorry to revive an old thread but I was about to request the possibility of fishing a megalodon so I join this thread.
    Megalodon, megalodon!! :D

Anpu likes this.
  7. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

For large Freshwater fish...can always add both the Arapaima and the Payara (Vampire fish). Both are pretty cool. Giant Electric eels and Mykong Catfish also good ideas (though have so many catfishes already). Are snakeheads in (more of a fetid fish though)

Even though there are records in freshwater, I think Bull shark fits better in Fetid/brackish than freshwater, In most cases, observations in rivers have led to questions whether residential population or transient individual (except India where residential population does occur..but now speciation questions for those in Ganges). Basically...would be super rare to catch in freshwater.

Not sure if could catch an Orca on hook and line...Think they are too smart and know better. Plus pack hunters. If want to catch one of those, would have to be by harpoon.

I do like Megalodon and/or Great White, though would require special bait...you can catch small ones on tuna bait...but if you want a big one...need to put seal or whale meat on your hook...though a lure shaped like a seal would work). Maybe another for of jeweled lures usable in all bodies of water, but greatly reduces possible capture of "smaller fish" CPUE (Catch per unit Effort) should be much higher, but if do catch something using this bait...would be from the list of larger types of fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.