Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Greenhouse Four-Story (Row) seriously broken for agriculture

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Mishikal, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There's a major bug with the four-story (row) craftable greenhouse (possibly with the ornate one as well), where if you place light sources on the ceiling of the row house, you cannot plant beds that are beneath them. In the below screenshot, out of 79 available planting spots, I can only plant 39. Less than half. This rather defeats the purpose of having a row greenhouse.

[​IMG]

Barugon and Jaesun like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Another example -- No overhead lights, just a single candle on the wall, blocks off an entire 20-spot garden bed:

[​IMG]

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

For the devs:

Area: New Britannian Market (POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/New Britannian Market) Loc: (-28.077, 50.341, 278.664) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxOZXcgQnJpdGFubmlhbiBNYXJrZXR8KC0yOC4wNzcsIDUwLjM0MSwgMjc4LjY2NCl8KDAsIC0wLjY3NSwgMCwgLTAuNzM4KXw2Ny4xMjE4M3wzMy4zNDk5M3w4LjE2ODQwNg==

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

After shuffling the wall shelves and other bits around, I can plant the beds, but this is seriously borked.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So what it primarily comes down to is the collision surface area of wall shelves and iron wall lights is absurd.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There was a change they made some time back to prevent growth if something is within a certain distance above the planter. They made that change to prevent people from stacking planters. I personally feel that they made the distance too large.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

To me, the problem is more that a wall shelf that barely even extends past the edge of the large planter shouldn't prevent me from planting it.

Really, I don't get the problem with stacking planters. You're severely limited in how many planters you can place on a lot as it is due to the external deco limits.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.