Greetings all! Several new players checking-in

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by padreadamo, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padreadamo

padreadamo Avatar

Hello everyone! There are about 4 of us that will be checking out the game again for the first time in about 2.5 years. We will be playing on November 17th for a number of hours (I'm considering streaming our session). I'm in need of an itinerary. We are a group of gamers that has young children and generally we need to set aside chunks of time to game with each other. It's been some time since we last played.

I'm asking for assistance from the community on what kind of group PvE-related quests/activities we can do after just starting the game. I really appreciate your time reading this.

Sincerely,
    a fellow adventurer of worlds...

Padre

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

I recommend checking current and previous release notes for descriptions of new or rebuilt areas. That will give you an idea of what scenes are available, and what they contain. The latest can be found here.

majoria70 and amarious like this.
  3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

Welcome back @padreadamo !!!

Outskirts (Bloodriver, Highvale, Solace Bridge) are good place for doing quests at the beginning as those are low level areas. You can also find some more quests from here: http://www.questsoftheavatar.com/

Whisper to me any time if you need any help or advices, I am Luca Xante in game.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Numa, Solazur, padreadamo and 3 others like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello Padreadamo and 4 friends. Welcome back. I hope you will be pleased with the progress of the game.

There is so much to know. Not something easily figured out. As others mentioned the new starting areas are wonderful places to start. The main questlines will start to lead you to more difficult areas so starting them can be lots of fun if you like to do Quests but you'll need to work your characters if they are not worked. There's lots of new skills, lots of new areas, lots of new tech now. We have moving mine carts, log rides, geysers that shoot you to the air, and traps and more oh my.

Release 48 is planned to bring some new components to crafting and interesting artifact changes. I am Majoria in game and also if I can ever assist please reach out.

And to advise other players can trade crafting recipes and emotes with you and music is amazing in this game and we can trade songs we put on sheet music. Anyone can play music and sync music with each other.

Numa, padreadamo and Luca Xante like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @padreadamo. Since you will be recreating characters and reclaiming items from the bank you will really enjoy the starting areas. If you are going to play as a team be sure to answer the virtue questing the same or you will end up in different areas. Also since you will be starting fresh if you need some starting armor I am sure I have some in one of my chest. Let me know what type of armor weapons you need and I will look for it. One last thing, if you have a land deed you are welcome to come to New Fawn and claim a homestead. New Fawn is nested with Harvest and Hollaim in the northwest area of the map. My in game name is the same, Warrior B'Patrick. Add me to all of your friends list and let me know if I can help.

Welcome Back and enjot the your time in New Britannia and Hidden Vale.

padreadamo and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you happen to be interested in events, take a peek at the calendar forum

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/release-47-events.1129/

I see there's a bare knuckle brawl going on that day. Probably others will pop up. You teleport there and check it out for a half hour or so, then go back and keep adventuring. But it would be good as you'd meet a lot of old friends and make some new contacts.

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Seems everyone has given you good advice as to where to start off, so, I will just say welcome back and hope you have a great time!

8. padreadamo

padreadamo Avatar

This is great!!!! Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes, advice, links, and goods! I really appreciate it! I'm going to add you folks to friends tonight and begin the groundwork for our itinerary. I did not know we had to choose the same virtues to be in the same area, that is huge. Thanks!

-Padre

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Small notes here.

• The first scene in each path is Solo only. Only when you get to the "outskirts" scene you get to your first multiplayer scene.
    • All new avatars get 3 Teleport scrolls. If you friend someone you can teleport to them if you are both online and in multiplayer.

So if this is their first time they will be stuck in solo for about 1-2h before reaching an "outskirts" scene.
    But as soon as you do you can friend and then teleport to each other, regardless of which path each chose individually. It is also recommended to do all three outskirts before moving on too much since they are good starters.

Numa and padreadamo like this.
  10. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I don't think it matters what you all choose, the very beginning will be single player only until you get out of the starting area. The starting area is based off the the answers to the questions the Oracle asks. After the starting area you will end up in the outskirts of that area. You can either continue the quests there, or join up with each other in one of the areas you end up in. With 4 if you I think a couple archers and a couple melee would make a good team.

padreadamo likes this.
  11. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

Though y'all should definitely start with the Outskirts scenes as new players, once you are done with that I would recommend the Crooked Shank.

My sister and I did it together and it is definitely interesting, very accessible to new players, and not your typical type of quests. However, it does have adult themes so if playing with younger players or with children watching you might want to make sure they are tucked in bed before hand!

padreadamo and Spoon like this.
  12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I'm Sorthious in game as well as in forums, and if you need any help, have questions, then I'll be glad to help if I can.

13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings and salutations padreadamo and your friends! Glad to see you revisiting the game! Let us know how your adventures in New Britannia go.

14. padreadamo

padreadamo Avatar

Thank you for the well wishes everyone! I have not been on as much as I'd like. We have a new addition to the family. However, our little party of adventurers will be on on Friday.

15. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

You may all want to try to complete the intro/solo part before your group gaming session. Then you can all tp to one of the starting areas, i.e. outskirts scenes, and party together. You can msg me ingame too if you guys need any help or information.

Lord-Galiwyn and padreadamo like this.
  16. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@padreadamo
    Greetings and well met. Plenty of good advice already given. If you haven't already done so..I'd recommend also joining Discord

I *think* this is the right link if you click "connect" at the bottom.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=5

Look me up if you need a hand. Dakota Solazur in game.... mostly, unless I'm on my new guy Solazur

18. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

Welcome back to New Britannia!

19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia Outlanders!

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

welcome, are you people at all interested in a guild? We only have one rule, no macros or botting allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.