Grinch's December Pacu Fishing Adventure / Pacu Tournament - Weekend and Mon - Fri (((Updated Below

Discussion in 'Release 60 Events' started by Weins201, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Grumpie Weinie's Pacu December Pacu Fishing Challenge;

For all those fishers out there is a Pacu that changes its location to random POTs each day at Midnight Server Time (CST) Today it was Formosa and Blackstone Gate. Blackstone gate was Nested and the Name I had to look up in SOTA Wiki ;-) Ohh and Blackstone Gate was PvP ;-)

In celebration of this new type of fish and mechanic I am holding a Pacu fishing Tournament.

This will be a Winner / Loser (smallest) take all for each day. Fishers will have to send me 1 COTO and the fish caught from either the daily POTs. I will compile all the entries and reward the Largest and Smallest fish for each day. Prizes are 75% / 25% Soo if 4 people enter - 3 cotos to Largest and 1 to smallest. 12 = 8 / 4. I will deliver cotos as soon as winner is determined, on the third day after.

Changes to week days.

(( if you have a trust issue msg me we can work something out, but I really am not worried about the COTOs just the Community Participation))

Now you have to ask a Town Crier "fish" or "fishing" and they will tell you where the fish are being caught for that day. It changes each night at Midnight CST. Travel to one (or both) of those locations and when you catch a Pacu and wish to enter it all you have to do is Mail me in game. Send 1 Coto and the fish(s) you wish to enter. Today I had to say "catch" - White Heart and Diamond Fields (28 Nov)

Mail is required as the Time stamp will be used to break a Tie, Earliest entry will win. Sooooo if you Catch a Large or Small I would go as fast as you can and mail me your entry. It appears that Pacu have a range of normal from .7 - .8 Length. The large is .9 and 1 (( from Titanforges Tourney) and Small .6 (( At the moment .7 is the smallest found and it is Normal, so assuming a small is .6 :-( ))

Now if you catch a Fish early in the Day say a Large .9 length send it in as soon as possible and if you catch any more you wish to enter later on just mail the fish in you already sent me a Coto Earlier on. 1 Coto to enter each day you want to participate as all paid in make the reward possible ;-)

I know this timing could benefit those in Time zones that leave this "Daytime" for them an advantage but I do not have a way to offset this.

Now I will take entries on the day of thru the day after. so on the 1st starting day (1 Dec) you can enter fish caught that day (sent 1 dec) or sent on the day after, ((the 2nd )) (any more days out will be ignored / returned) (Please use Subject for which day you are entering for) ( I will be able to figure it out but just makes it a little easier)

You can also come just hand them to me if you find me online. I will start a group each day while I am playing you can Teleport to deliver to me directly. Deliveries will get time stamped from Logs from the time of trade.

On the 3rd I will place the Winner/Loser fish (trophy if it is mounted or want it mounted) in the Fishing Hall I have thrown up near the entrance to my Island. I will also place a chest for each day and place all other fish in there until returned)

I have already created a Excel Spread sheet which I will update here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YiAeynrjswQtVZ2YJIWh1-itOxrhybnctGKanALlwyI/edit?usp=sharing

Now these "Hot" Pacu POTs rotate each day so I will entertain additions from the POT owner for that day. I.E. if this ends up in my town I will open it up to Largest Fish from Each Fresh Water Category with Winner / Loser winning Cotos 8 / 2 If this does drop into GHH you will not need to spend more to enter other than the 1 Coto for Pacu, all other fish can just be dropped off I will place a chest if this happens. I wll of course place this chest on that day. If POT owners want to also add I can work and place a hest for that POT and we can work out prizes throughout the day. If the POT owner does initiate his own daily contest please add it to this post and let me know ASAP you can also as a POT owner just drop a box in a location at your town to have fish dropped off ;-)

Path from Brittany Area to Grumpie Hermits Hide-a-Way
    [​IMG]

From Main Entrance to Hall and there is a Mailbox near behind the banker.
    [​IMG]

I will place a Fishing Vendor in the Town Enterance area also.

Summary Daily 1 Coto entry Winner / Loser take all for catching a Pacu from one (both) of the "Hot" fishing POTs each day.

Entries must be mailed (hand delivered) to me on the day or Day after only for Time stamp to break ties.

I will pay out 75%/ 25% to the Winner / Loser (smallest) each day on the 3rd days after. 1st rewarded on the 3rd . . . . .

Largest per day* wins 75% Coto entered + 1k Gold
    Smallest per day *= 25% Coto Entered + 500 Gold
    Most (buy count) = 1 Coto + 500 Gold
    * ties broken by earliest entry

All Pacu will be returned after the tournament.

((( if you wish to add me as a friend for this please send me a message with request while I am in game )))

If there are any questions or concerns please post them here I will work on any issues as fast as I can.

Port if you can add Time to the trophy Data that would be AWSOME ;-)

Ok good luck to all - ;-)

The Hall is set up - after each days winning is determined I will Display the winner / loser and place all other entrants in the box for viewing.

Grand Fishing Hall - IO am going to work a Large Barr along the back first floor wall, If you want to bring a Mug with you name on it of throw a trophy in the have in that areas let me know wand we can throw it up :)

Actual Daily December Tournament Launches at Midnight tonight. Remember have to mail fish and Coto to me. To help find locations use this map to get locations easier. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Now today the 30th I will make it easy if you are on and want to partake I will Give the Largest 5 Cotos and Smallest 2 Cotos. No buy in just mail me the fish. This should highlight any kinks. Tomorrow I will place todays trophies and entries in a Box in the Hall for all to see. Todays Towns are Moonshire Downs and Goldfield. This will also give you all a chance at practicing locating towns ;-) Good luck to all

Also BTW I am not a participant just the sponsor so oyu are not fishing against me but looks Like Kron will be some viable competition ;-)

Today just noticed once again it is a PvP town soooo - I am going to add a PvP Twist. There will be rewards (Bounties) for catching fishers there. I will reward 1 Coto for a Body Part 3 Cotos for a Head of a Fisherman. ((10 for my Head - 3 for one of my Body Parts)) Fishers fear not just take a screen shot of the Oracle and I will pay you back in gold. *( 10k Max refund) Bounty Hunter I would like a Screen shot or Log entry to prove that you killed them while fishing and will confirm with fisher. Fisher has to Enter a Fish into the contest, so yeah they are paying for their lost hand :(

Saturday and Sundays there is No Entry Fee, however results in only possibility of winning;
    3 Coto & 1K Gold (Largest) / 1 Coto $ 500 Gold / and 500 Gold for most caught **
    ** No buy in is only for Sat and Sunday - I do not have enough Cotos to do this every day :-(

This Color are indicator of daily event - No Entry Fee Wekend - Weekdays changed - PvP town :rolleyes: If you win with a PvP town fish I will add 1 Coto to rewards

1 Dec ((Verat Chaos / Berran's Reach)) - Kron (VC) 1.0 / Kron (VC) .7
    2 Dec ((Astrum / Kahli)) - Net (Kahli) .7
    3 Dec ((Chao Insula and Port Phoenix)) - Net (Chao) .7
    4 Dec ((Black Mesa East (resolute) / Sanguine Stand)) - Net (Sanguine Stand) .7

5 Dec ((Lamplight (port phoenix) / Avallon)) - Tarin Merrywhistle (Avalon) 1 / Tatin Merrywhistle (Avalon) .7 (( Beat Nets Submission by 30 Minutes :rolleyes:))
    6 Dec ((Falling Waters Fortress / Immortal City (Silverdale) o_O

7 Dec ((Tortuga / Sirens Cove (soltown) ) :oops:
    8 Dec (( Allaman (owls head) / Greyhold)) Winfield and Flair Minamoto tied but since they are the only two I used them as Winner / Loser :rolleyes: Both Large .9 from Allaman
    9 Dec (( Rift's End / Lake Casabo)) Flair .9 Rifts End \ Tarin .7 Rifts End
    the 10 - 14th will be a 2 Fish per Day Cumulative (1 must be Pacu each day) 5 Day Total Length

10 Dec ((Serenite and Hero Market))
    11 Dec ((Titanforge and Drahenfels
    12 Dec (( Stonemasons Deep and Memphomai ))
    13 Dec (( Serentiy's Edge and Light City))
    14 Dec

Updating Daily also;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YiAeynrjswQtVZ2YJIWh1-itOxrhybnctGKanALlwyI/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018 at 7:46 PM
  2. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

Is that 1 COTO to enter the contest, or 1 COTO each time we want to send you a Pacu?

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

One Coto per day as it is a Daily Contest so if you catch a Large and Small only 1 to enter and yes you could win both so if 8 people enter and you have the Large and smallest you get all 8 but still need to enter with 1.

Now if all day you are just catching .8 length sure you might just want to wait till next day but :-(

If you get a Large Pacu I would mail ASAP and if you mail one in the morning with a Coto and catch a smaller later on only the one Coto needs to be sent.

So you could catch a .9 and mail it in and later in the day catch a 1 and to a small , just mail the fish as you already entered for the day

TY for allowing me to clear that up ;-) Updated contest

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

Can you make clear the start dates and end dates?

The title says December - but it would be great if the post says exactly when the contest starts and ends.

Thank you!

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

December 1st thru December 31st Real World, perhaps some special during the 24th s5th and 31st ;-)

Basically 31 days of one day mini tournaments

yes it is a Coto form each day as the prize is based on number of entrants :)

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

we can do a test tomorrow if anyone wants to partake :)

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok going to start using this Post for each day Today is "test" run and I have mine for today caught but I am not a participant in any of this just the "sponsor" Soo get me your fish from today - NO COTO - buy in today just a Winner and Loser for 5/2 Good luck and have fun all.

[​IMG]

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LoL really no one has caught a Pacu today and wants to try and win a few Cotos - LMAO NP ;-)

9. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

I’m at work, I can try after work though.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Hee Hee good luck, and have fun.

I was just testing the waters - looks like not many like to fish. People who jumped in the other day and found out it was fishing went - "BLahhh" LoL

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Todays Fishing Location will end at midnight CST Sever Time the tows where advertised and if you want to enter mail me your fish before midnight tomorrow and I will determine winners. Not many entries for tonight's Zero buy in with a 5/2 reward from me :) If only one fish they will both.

Sizes for Normal fish are .7 - .8 Larger so up to 1 and I have no idea is a small goes to .6 or .5

Anyhow after midnight CST and the new towns are selected you will have to mail in entried to me and one Coto with first mailing to enter into the contest. Only 1 Coto Once with first fish.

Again Mailing time will break ties so id you catch a .7 at 2101 and mail it to me you are most likely the Smallest winner unless a real Small is out there . . . .

Soo tomorrow we kick this off and you can mail fish in for the current day up to end of day after . . . .

Fish Caught on 1 Dec can be mailed in 2 Dec and still apply since you can catch fish up to 11:59 Server Time.

Good luck too al

12. Net

Net Avatar

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there no small "uncommon" fish (that is with small in their name). Only small fish I saw were rare fish. I saw Small and Large King Salmon, but no Small Pacu nor Small Spotted Bass, only large ones.

13. Kron Caledon

Question - can you leave the winner / loser fish the way they were sent? (mounted or unmounted)

For me - I usually would like to mount the fish that I catch myself (so that it says "Crafted by Kron Caledon" etc.)

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No Idea it is possible and I did not get a real answer I will ask again

So yes if true then first .7 wins :-(

I will of course leave unmounted if those want.

Net likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

30 Nov Winner / Loser - Kron / Net - 1 Moonshire / .7 Moonshire

I will display them like this and Keep the mail logs (picture of them for proofs) Like below

[​IMG]

As you can see the mail is time stamped with send time and the picture of the item is maintained, Net sent in the first .7 and Kron mailed in a Mounted 1.1

From now on all entries will need to have 1 Coto from each fisher per day Kron TY perfect Format.

I am also going to use this post as a record from now on in the form like above;

Also BTW I am not a participant just the sponsor so oyu are not fishing against me but looks Like Kron will be some viable competition ;-)

Today just noticed once again it is a PvP town soooo - I am going to add a PvP Twist. There will be rewards (Bounties) for catching fishers there. I will reward 1 Coto for a Body Part 3 Cotos for a Head of a Fisherman. ((10 for my Head - 3 for one of my Body Parts)) Fisher fear not just take a screen shot of the bounty and I will pay you back in gold. Bounty Hunter I would like a Screen shot or Log entry to prove that you killed them while fishing and will confirm with fisher.

This Color os a No Entry Fee Wekend - This is Normal Entry Fee Weekday - PvP town :rolleyes:
    1 Dec ((Verat Chaos / Berran's Reach)) -
    2 Dec ((Astrum / Kahli)) -

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  16. Kron Caledon

Quick comment on the 11/30/2018 contest - as much as I like being declared the winner already (lol), you should leave it open until tomorrow like you'd mentioned (the 3rd day) - since people can technically submit all day today (Dec 1 - the 2nd day).

====

Some thoughts:

I wonder if a gold entry fee / prize would be more accessible to people than COTOs. (even though COTOs are a great prize)

Just lowers the barrier to entry and encouraging more people to submit (making the overall prize pool bigger, etc.)

Say 5000 gold (or even 1000 gold?) Gold would be easier to split too.

A separate thought - right now, it seems this would be a daily race to get to 0.9/1.0 (on the large size), and to 0.7 (on the low side). A prize for "Most Pacu Caught" can encourage people to keep fishing too (as seen from Titania's tournament) - even if you think those Pacu won't win because of size or timing. Then you may still win something if you caught a lot of Pacu, etc.

Maybe a split of 70% largest / 20% smallest / 10% most? Or 50% / 25% / 25% etc. (and many other possible combinations) (actually I kinda like 50% / 25% / 25%)

There will be people fishing the daily POTs regardless, so a combination of a lower entry fee in gold, and a "most pacu caught" prize - I think will be attractive to many regular fisherman.

Downside is more logistics and counting for you (Titania got more than bargained for haha).

Not suggesting that you change the current contest (unless you want to) - just my thoughts from my experience in Titania's contest, and thinking through my reaction to trying my hand at this Pacu contest yesterday and today.

Props for setting up the contest!

Weins201 likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah I thought about Gold but that would just mix in with my gold would be Messy, and yeah the time stamp makes it a "Race" but I could think of no real way to decide a true Winner. Was more concerned if 10 people entere a 1.0 ???

Valid ideas TY considering for future adventures

(((*** BTW I might have to cut you off after a few days of just you LMAO ***)))

18. Kron Caledon

re: timestamp - I think timestamp is a perfectly valid way of breaking ties, no complaints about that. (There's a day in the date caught, but 1 Novian day = 1 real hour, so it doesn't definitively break ties caught within the same hour).

The suggestion of "most pacu caught" was to give people an incentive to submit even if they think they won't win the largest / smallest "race".

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, as follows:

1) I just sent you 60k gold - this is completely unsolicited by you, and it's yours to do with whatever you like (spend it, use it for the next contest, etc.) - but I would like it to go into the Pacu prize pool :)

2) I'm bowing out of this contest for the rest of the month (I want to see a viable contest with lots of participants)

If you do decide to put the 60k gold into the Pacu prize pool for this month, you can divide up the 60k however you like - but this is my suggestion: (I'm actually really curious to see what happens)

- 2k gold minimum prize pool per day, divided 50% largest / 25% smallest / 25% most pacu caught

Meaning:
    Largest - 1000 gold
    Smallest - 500 gold
    Most Pacu caught - 500 gold

2k gold prize pool x 30 days (for Dec 2 through Dec 31) = 60k gold

In my hypothetical world where the daily entry fee per person is 1000 gold - that means that AT A MINIMUM, the "largest" winner gets their entry fee covered, and the other 2 gets half their entry fee covered.

This is BEFORE splitting the prize pool from ALL the other participants. (again - gold makes this easier, but has the problem of mixing your gold with the contest gold - so more bookkeeping)

====

Again - this 60k gold is completely yours to do with what you like - I just want to support more fishing contests like these. :)

Net likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Your Gold added to dail prizes Like you suggested, this was along the line of the POT owner pertticipating

Soo to all this is how I will deal out Krons Donotions -
    This is in addition to the Coto Payout

I will also add 1 Coto for most Pacu Caught per day from either or both towns

So

Largest per day* wins 75% Cotomentered + 1k Gold
    Smallest per day *= 25% Coto Entered + 500 Gold
    Most (buy count) = 1 Coto + 500 Gold
    * ties broken by earliest entry

I am sorry but I still have to have the Buy in per day ( this may change if some say to pricy but it is also how the prizes are being acquired)

TY Kron

Also anything done like this is for the tourney so as stated if you POT is picked or oyu are a person who live in the POT and want to add more or whatever please let me know

This is for the community and honor of a great mechanic that was implemented

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    Net and Kron Caledon like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Soooo becoming apparent that either Fishing is not a well received as some people who said to me "I hate fishing" or that Coto entry is too much :-(

12 hours into first day and how about for weekend Days Sat and Sunday Real World Server Time Days (today and Tomorrow) there is no entry fee just send me your fish thru the mail. Stll only Winner Loser and Most caught. Now as a result of no entry fee My Own Cotos are being used rewards are Largest/Smallest there is not most caught Coto but will give Krons 500 Gold.

So for Saturdays and Sundays the rewards are 3 Coto & 1k Gold (largest) / 1 Coto & 500 gold (smallest) / 500 gold (most caught), no buy in required

Now if we finally get some participation and more than 4 people enter and want to go back to the 75% / 25% we will work it out.

This is how I will Display Fish, I have mine on the top two rows, and if mounted Winner / Loser will go up , if not I will place on top of trunk for that day. After day is awarded I will open it up for viewing. 30th over and done, 1st entries goin on, 2nd is today - Good Luck and Have fun (PvP twist added ;-) )

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    FrostII likes this.