Group Leader > Duels Activation Option - Enemy Activation Option

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Myrcello, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello Developers.

[​IMG]
    Let me join your Duel my Group Leader.... Harhar

In PvE Areas we currently have the option that 1 vs 1 Duels are possible.

I would like to request that

A. Group Leaders can request a one time Dueling against other Group Leaders.

This would mean that fun Combats can very fast be startet with agreeing Groups against each other no matter where in the world.

The moment all within one of the groups are killed - Duel is over.

B. Group Leaders can request a "War/Enemy Status" against multiple other Group Leaders.

This would mean that multiple Groups who want to start a Fun PvP Duel can easy start it.

Group Leader sends "Enemy Request" to other Group Leader.
    If other Group Leader accepts this - Both Groups are now able to PvP each other.

A Group Leader may send "Enemy Request" to more then one other Group Leader.
    So for example 1 Group can declare 1 or 2 or even more Groups as Enemy.

Important suggestion: If a player leaves a group he is automatically back to PvE Status.

This would be my request.

Would help starting very easy nice Combat Events no matter where you are in the world, respecting still the Rules of the Zone.

Source of Picture in this Post: http://www.aemma.org/affiliates/ottawa/omss_body.htm

2. smack

smack Avatar

I'd also add:
    - If a Party leader declares or accepts a duel from another Party, all Party members are immediately notified and must accept or leave the Party.

Probably should explicitly state that no new members can be added to the Party while the duel is in effect.

Also, perhaps we can even extend this further to have ad-hoc Party Alliances instead of free-for-all.

As this is just a duel and isn't true PvP (no looting), it shouldn't have any long-term damaging effects to guild warfare or Open PvP flags, except for perhaps the following:

If one of the Party members is flagged for Open PvP...can that member be killed by any other Open PvP player even if that other Open PvP player is not part of the Party duel? If not, does this create an exploit that can be abused by Open PvP players?

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Yes, the option to leave the party is essential. Otherwise you have non-consensual PVP.

Myrcello likes this.
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I like it.

Myrcello likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Humm if you have a group it is NOT all that hard to enter ANY of the PvP areas.

All this can / will lead to is some kind of abuse . . . . work to get a player in party, start a duel . . . . . . or start a fight and wala 15 players pop out of no where that opposing party didn't see all them in party . . .

Sorry BAD idea.

Myrcello likes this.
  6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Sometimes the little risk of a abuse is insignificant compared to the benefts this would provide.

Ariella likes this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

NO WAY IS ANY RISK WORTH SOMTHING THAT CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED JUST BY MOVING TO A PVP ZONE.

SORRY NO BENIFIT FROM THIS IDEA JUST PROBLEMS

8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I still do not agree

9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There is a huge amount of benefit from this and no more problems than a standard duel, i have no idea what sent you into capslock here :eek:

Ariella and Arianna like this.
  10. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I support this option, as it would allow for Gustball to be utilized to its fullest extent:
    • Player collision
    • The ability for one team to cast spells from the Gustball Deck against players in the other team. (namely, Gust)
    • The ability to have the same fun of Gustball that folks enjoy in PvP zones, except in PvE zones.
    • Very low chance of being interrupted by malevolent PvPers in a PvE zone (I can think of a few ways, which is why I didn't say 'zero chance')

11. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Myrcello, would you mind re-posting this in the main forum, so I can link it out to folks?

It's nice to get initial feedback here in Dev+, but I think this is genuinely good enough to get maximum coverage.

I have no problem responding to it there just as I did here.

Mata and Themo Lock like this.
  12. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I already once got moderated for doubleposting.

I will ask a Moderator if he can move it.

Jack Knyfe likes this.
  13. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

A moderator indeed can move the thread. And in fact has done so.

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So you all fell that as a Party leader I should be able to initiate a duel with another party leader and therefore bring the parties into a Duel (PvP) or no?

REALLY - you all don't see how this is a BAD idea and can and WILL be abused?

It is quit simple if a party want to fight another party then there are two SIMPLE choices - Go to a PvP town or one of the shard falls and conduct your battle-

Now again for those that do NOT see abuses -

1. I make a party - I am a secrete member of a Wanker guild and at the chosen time I accept a duel with the party leader of the guild I actually work for and Wala - the entire party is whacked.

2. I am in a party of 10 people who are hidden or are coming to my location - I initiate and get accepted a duel or accept a duel with a party of what looks like 3 or 4 - now all my party members who where NOT visible pop out and mangle the other smaller party.

3. I am out with a few friends and we are in a party - a little bored so we accept a duel with another party of 4 - but alas there were actually 15 in that party and we are mangled.

those are 3 VERY simple abuses that can occur - if you don't think these scenarios would be used and abused you are in bliss.

All you PvPers are already up in arms over actions taken by some of your brethren and now you want to bring parties (no PvP) into it :-(

Again there are areas designated for PvP go play there NOT ALL THAT HARD.

15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Weins this is a request for non pvp'ers to enable combat mechanics for events, and as smack said " If a Party leader declares or accepts a duel from another Party, all Party members are immediately notified and must accept or leave the Party." props for use of the word wanker though hehe

Ariella and Arianna like this.
  16. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO and yeah I am done here. it is a TERRIBLE idea . It can and will be abused if implemented.

TTFN

18. smack

smack Avatar

I don't see how any of that is abuse. As the Party Leader, you face the consequence of your actions. If you're "bored" and make a stupid decision, who's fault is that but your own? It seems as if you want handholding and want to be protected from others. If so, PvP is not for you. And definitely don't go talking to the Oracle to remove your Blessing and be flagged Open PvP.

Duels are consensual. Nobody asked you to pick a fight you can't win, or foolishly think you can win.

Ariella, Myrcello and Moonshadow like this.
  19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree this could work. It is kind of like guild wars. You have 2 consenting groups that want to fight each other. No one else can join in. Portalarium could also make gustball arena basements and sell them in the add on store too :p. One thing I am reminded of is the arena's in modern UO now. You enter your team on a roster and has an opposing roster that the captain of the other team fills out. once both teams are filled out and have entered, the battle has a timer to begin. No one else is allowed in the arena but spectators can watch.

Ariella, Myrcello and Themo Lock like this.
  20. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

1) Parties are limited to eight players.

2) You can leave a party at any time. For example, right after you discover the party duel was a trap. Problem solved.

Ariella likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.