Grouping Mechanics Advise Please

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Gorthyn, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Yesterday I joined a group for UT (I know, how very original of me ;) )

Having joined I could not figure out how to get into the same Instance of UT as the others in the group so all in all a very frustrating experience.

It's probably really obvious, but could some please advise as to how to ensure I either end up in the same Instance when joining a group or if I am not, how to get into it.

majoria70 likes this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

First, and most important, you need to be in the same mode as everyone else. So you need to see whether they are in Open or Party (Private) mode. Then you need to switch to their mode using the multiplayer menu. If you aren't in the same mode you won't be able to get into the same instance. You also can't teleport to them.

Second, if you are in the same scene when you switch modes, you may not be in the same instance when you switch modes. In that case you have to either log out or sometimes you can leave the scene then re-enter. Re-entering a scene doesn't always work, butmlogging out and in usually places you in the same instance. Worse case you may need to do both.

Those are the only two issues I've every seen with getting into the same instance.

Mac2 and Elwyn like this.
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Well the last one is patch level, if you are not on the same patch, you or they may have to log out and back in to receive latest patches.

Mac2 and Jaesun like this.
  4. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Thanks all. From the above I can only think they were in group mode while I was in public. Is there any way of knowing this other than asking the group leader ?

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

That's way always works. The only other way is to use a teleport scroll and see if anyone in your party appear in the teleport list. If anyone appears in the list, you are in the same mode. If no one appears in the list, you are in different modes. But asking is usually the quickest.

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think they've fixed that now so you can teleport to someone not in the same mode, but you still won't end up in the same instance.

One other thing is that sometimes the game refuses to put you into the right instance even when everything else (mode, patch level) is right. In that case, go to the overworld and double-click/E-key on the big shield. It will even let you skip "foothills" zones and go straight into a dungeon scene. (This doesn't work for UT because it's part of the same scene.)

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It would help if whoever created the group could list pm(party mode) or n
    mm(multiplayer mode) but with the current looking for groups we are very limited on how much information we can convey to others on our group creation. @Chaox @DarkStarr can we get some enhancements on the schedule for looking for group if they are not already?

Edited

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

It should just be a formal part of the looking for group interface.

Just get in the habit of asking the group when you join what mode.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They fixed it so if you are not in the party, you can tp to a person no matter the mode they are in, but once you are in the party ( unless this changed today with the patch), you will only be able to teleport to them if you are in the same mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.