Guild Villages/Wars

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Dignan, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dignan

Dignan Avatar

Its been mentioned that Big guilds might be able to have villages to themselves.

I'd like to see this expanded upon. Have guilds be able to have a treasury with guild funds.
    Guilds can tax the players gold that recieve when killing mobs.Let them have hirable npcs for town defense or to hunt/pvp with. Construct guard towers and traps for village defense.

I like for warring guilds to be able to attack other guilds villages. Maybe make the guild treasury semi lootable. Or have the taxed gold go to the guild that conquers the village till is either recaptured or a set time limit expires. Obviously you would have to have a cool down on being able to have your town attacked.

Please expand on this idea if you like it.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

I placed a question on this at the start of the Kickstarter program, because my guild might be interested in taking them up on it if possible. I haven't heard back from anyone. Please provide an update, devs. Once we know more details, then discussions like what Dignan proposes will make more sense. Right now, we don't know enough to know if this is feasible or not.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What I want to know is exactly how big a guild will need to be to be able to request a new town or village but to the subject.

I kinda of envision something like this being more of a combonation of discussing guild features and town politics. There's no harm in talking about it.. and in fact if you REALLY want it then I think there's some discussion to be had now.

Based on comments I've heard so far I'm skeptical that it will make it into the first game but the sooner it's "on the list" the sooner it'll get done.

I seem to recall the guild options in UO pretty much had it covered. I've been meaning to start a guild discussion soon as it seems I'll be helping to form one myself (ran into an old guildmate etc etc).

We've already got a good discussion going on town politics going which would could cover the town control aspects of this idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.