Guild War System - Virtue and PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Dreadnought, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

This is not acceptable to me. I don't want to have to make sister alliances just like I don't accept the "guilds will be able to talk through it" response. I should be able to designate pvpers with in the guild without having to make a second guild for that. I do not want pvper's separated in this game form everyone else. There is no reason why we can't enjoy the full range of possibilities with in this game with out having to splinter people all over. We are trying to have a conversation about the best possible ideas here so I would expects something that would be build into the system rather then trusted to word of mouth.

MrBlight and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well we know what you do not want. Can you give us an idea of what you want implemented and how? The current pvp guild war system is much more harsh than what the op's idea is. Now for systems in place I would like a toggle for when you go to war on looting right preferences. No loot, loot one item, loot more than one item, or full loot. I know you probably want a toggle for opt in and opt out for each member of the guild. This has been discussed before. There would be exploits brought up by this by people engaging in war then running and hiding, then turning the toggle off. It was brought up that maybe there would be a timer to be put on opting out after you have opted in as to not be able to chicken out. There have also been talks of this with multi guilding. What Ideas do you bring to the table?

3. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

Scoff, I can tell you what House Serenite is planning.

we will start the Serenite Legion, but we are holding off until guilds can get a shared chat channel.

So basically we will move all guild chat to House Serenite and Serenite Legion chat channel, and we will still operate as 1 guild. But the Legion will war and those in House Serenite will not be effected.

We have been waiting a long time for the chat mechanism to be implemented, hopefully before release...

And members of House Serenite will be free to move between them if they wish.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Dreadnought and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

that would be a great solution. If an individual in a guild can designate themselves to be in the "war group" it would be awesome.

Unfortunately the only thing I know of coming down the pipeline is the guild ally chat channel. It's not ideal, and the only thing stopping House Serenite for having a "war group" at this time is that we want communication between all our members.

Dreadnought and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I think the a giant guild pot of gold rather then items would be cool. So like you opt in by paying into the winnings pot then once the war is won the winnings are given out between the winners. I would say the toggle should occur before the war starts and be permanent until the war is won or you forfeit the gold immediately to leave the war which goes back to the winners pot even if your team wins. After all the players opt in and before the war starts the guild master will get a report of the gold pool if they win or the other team forfeits and a number of combatants. At this point each guild master would then approve or decline the war. This would in a sense be a 5 part system to starting a war.

Step 1. Guild Master declares intent of war with another guild and sets gold tax for entrance.
    Step 2. Opposite Guild Master Confirms intent to hear articles of war sets their tax level for war
    Step 3. Members from both guild opt in and pay tax.
    step 4. Guild masters approves numbers and gold pot which can be increased more from the gm personal wealth to be sent to opposing guild
    Step 5. Both Guild masters accept war.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

This is a good idea. I like that you can vary the tax if you want.

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

I like this idea and support it, in all reality it's just a term of war before declaration. With addition being able to have sub groups that are combatant toggle. I believe I mentioned this earlier, also giving another option to make sub guilds. Those are two options that would be acceptable to rp/various membered guilds. While on the other hand it can give more freedom to more hardcore pvp players.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

That seems very dramatic and extreme. There are many solutions to this besides your ultimatum.

9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think that one of the things being overlooked in @Dreadnought 's guild wars idea is that not every member of the guild involved is going to be a combatant. Those with high crafting expertise are better off crafting & repairing equipment, others as engineers & architects (remember - PvP areas will soon have player housing) and some as diplomats/messengers. If you don't want to fight in a particular war then do something else to support your guild. And if you don't even want to do that then ask yourself how committed you really are to the guild you belong to.

Note: players whose levels are too low can still play a role as gatherers for whatever materials the crafters need. Nobody need be excluded.

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

I have updated a few of the ideas presented so far in the original post, keep em coming!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  11. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

Man, I wish SotA had a vibrant guild war system like the one suggested here. It really gives a lot of control to guilds when it comes to pvp and allows them to actually have RP based pvp.

I am one of those self named RPvP'ers that like their pvp to be rp centered. Meaning that instead of it being 'see flagged player, fight flagged player, move on to next flagged player' it is more 'see enemy of my guild, engage is some rpvp with said enemy of my guild, further the story between our respective guilds'.

It also makes it possible to two (or more) guild leaders to work out actual rp and pvp standards for their members to ensure that their guild members can enjoy all aspects of the game with a bit less concern about the typical griefer gamer types that developers cater to.

That's my two inflation value reduced two cents. Thanks.

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I typed out about 7 very detailed and wordy paragraphs on why I don't think this system would help EVERYONE. But, I decided to delete it all and just say the following:

- Guild wars need an incentive/reward for people to want to opt in. However, unless the incentive/reward is something put up in advance by the Warring guilds then the system will get exploited.

- Any incentive/reward that is generated by the game server for winning (be that a buff or token or coin or whatever) will give Guild A a reason to create Guild B with their alts, declare war on each other, then have Guild B surrender or lose without trying... thereby giving Guild A the reward for doing nothing.

So, IMO, Guild War systems are only good for those who PVP for the sport and only intend to participate for bragging rights and/or for a wager that they both put up in advance. I ask you, would that be good enough for you if they created this system as you described and the only reward for winning was bragging rights and/or winning a wager that your guild had to put up in advance?

I guess my real question is, why do you want this system so badly? Is it for more PVP action in the world, or is it for some kind of structured reward (that only exploiters or elite PVP'ers will enjoy)?

As a PVE player who has no interest in PVP there is no real benefit to this system. If your suggested benefit is Alliance chat, then I would say that this could be created without any of the guild war system suggestions and be far less work for the Developers. So, why would anyone other than a PVP'er benefit?

Frederick Glasgow likes this.
  13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Because this is what PVPers want, and this is part of the Episode 2-5 plan to whatever extent it goes to. Obviously those of use who don't care about PVP are more concerned with the PVE plans that have been made and discussed,which I feel is more important to the over all success of the game. And no, no one other than PVP/RPers will benefit from this at all. Unless of course we can figure out a way to sell to all warring sides to make max profit,which does sound like a good PVE plan, capitalism.

14. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

I will answer just from my own viewpoint on this subject. For me, allowing a Guild War system for PVP would allow guildmasters to pick and choose what other guilds they want to war with. Its a mutual agreement between GM's. "Do I want my guild to War against your guild?"

Basically, it would add a layer of control for GM's to decide who they want their own guild to be, for lack of a better term, 'flagged against'.

Simply put, Guild A's GM contacts Guild B's GM and they agree to War each other. Those GM's can work out specifics for that War. So, instead of being 'flagged' to every single person with a 'pvp' flag, they are ONLY flagged to those guilds that their GM has agreed to War.

While far from perfect, the old UO guild war system worked fairly well when it came to allowing guilds to engage in rpvp with other guilds.

15. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

In other words,if you want to get along with other guilds and have no desire to be at war or kill their members,this won't affect you at it's all PVP/RP based.

16. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

And for that reason, I completely understand and agree this would be a great way to help those types of guilds. I would support this plan system for that reason alone with one caveat...

As long as these 2 guilds are fighting for a specific reason (a wager, bragging rights, settle an argument, etc.) this is a perfect solution. But I don't want to see a system that allows just these 2 guilds to fight each other to determine a winner of some game server generated prize. It's just too easy to do like I said before and create a fake guild of alts to exploit a win.

I'm not against adding a system like this. As a player and an investor in this game, I would love to see something fun added that will draw more players to the game in general. It just has to be added in a way that the risk is equal to the reward for those that want to be involved.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  17. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

This system is not designed to have anything exploited at all, or generated for some prize. That is not the point and never has mentioned anything like that. The declaration of war is decided on terms before hand, all items/gold/kills/whatever is implemented is not meant to be generated at all to be taken advantage of. Same with alliances, there is a term of agreement before hand.

example:
    If there is a term of gold as a "prize" then both guilds are part of generating that fund to start the war, in my eyes. Not a magic gold pile from SotA

It's simply a way to have a more depth control of alliances and guild wars. It can be used in multiple ways to benefit the game for role players and PvPrs.

I do ask that this thread stays on constructive feedback please, its ok to disagree but not trying to turn this into a unproductive topic like many others become in a PvP oriented thread. The way i see it this has benefits for every type of player, if they don't wanna be involved... fine. There is plenty that do want this or a type of system like this. The other fact is there is a system being put in place like this shortly and this is meant to be a more deeper layer of that idea.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Ravicus Domdred and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  18. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Avatar

I am not advocating for any sort of 'server generated prize'. I am more interested in having groups of guilds being able to engage in pvp among themselves just for the enjoyment of that pvp.

RPvP, for me, is about guilds warring each other for the fun of it. We rp our characters, sometimes that rp can lead to a battle. But winning that battle only matters for those guilds involved. Respect between guilds and players in those guilds allows RPvP between those guilds. Like Dreadnought, its not about some SotA generated prizes. Its about the fun.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well then, you both have me convinced that this type of system would benefit the game greatly.

The only request I would like included is some way for individual members to opt out of any War that is declared.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  20. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Yea i talked a little about this earlier on but these are basically the quotes, i think it would be a great addition also making diverse and in depth alliances and guild war properties.
    [​IMG]

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.