Guild Wars and Castle Siege

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

The castle sieges and organized guild wars promised at KS were the only type of PvP I was even remotely interested in.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

And yet Warhammer online was fun as all hell, and had more players then SOTA does now lol.

Sota's PVP is not * FINE * .. And i think saying it is, lets them off the hook. Which simply isnt good for the game, the development, nor the future of SOTA.

The current mechanics are weak. There is a VERY small appeal, in an already Niche MMO market towards PVP in SOTA. And the KS implied it was going to be a large part.
    This is exactly why so many players have left.

IGNORING KS promises completly, and moving on from the present into the future -
    There are a lot of things they can implelment with the CURRENT mechanics to create a good PVP appeal in game.

Doesnt fit into the Lore? How does dueling and killing each other fit into the lore, yet guild wars wouldn't ? How does OPEN PVP fit into the Lore, yet guilds vs guilds wouldnt? The lore is quite simple.. they are fighting for glory / honor? Anything.
    What im proposing are solutions to make the game NOT just for that whopping 5% that actually PVP in SOTA after 1000+hours of PVE farming.. as well as add some appealing content for new players/old players.

The PVP scenes are basically wasted space in SOTA. The time they spent setting up 1-2 shardfalls, they could have had a functioning private scene specifically for guild wars, and done exactly what i listed up top. lol.

Its only reason i put money into SOTA and only reason ive continued playing up till now, was the idea this stuff was coming once the foundation of everything else was put in.
    Its also why i bring it up so much. lol

majoria70 and Salix like this.
  3. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

You are currently able to craft a tabletop catapult .

I believe this is as close to their promise as we'll get.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

New road map will be listed soon.
    Once thats up, itll be easier to ask some specifics about whats listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.