1. NOTICE: The game is still in Early Access, which does not constitute a Launch! Please keep feedback and concerns tempered during this still-in-development period. We are working hard to make the game ready for Launch, based on your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Hour in Q1 2018 - Each Wednesday @ 8 PM NBT starting the New Year touring the new places.

Discussion in 'Reoccurring Events' started by Stryker Sparhawk, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Happy Hour for Release 49, 50, and 51 - Winter is past the solstice and Yuletide and as the days grow longer and brighter, we too are embarking on paths to new areas that are dedicated to showing newcomers that arrive on Novia how to live and thrive in this new world. We are visiting towns and places to bring stories, news, critique of the arts, music, dancing and otherwise unplanned mayhem each Wednesday at 8 PM (NBT/Central).

We will be touring areas that are near where new Outlanders arrive and have extended services and housing to them. If you find one that I have not identified, please drop me a line and we can arrange for a trip to that area, also. Thank you!

Schedule of Events!

Rest of Release 49:

Jan 10 - S Mart Factorium (near Resolute) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Vladamir Begemot , the Factorium is an industrial center designed in mind to allow new Outlanders to assist in the automation of goods production for pay and skill assistance. Please join us for a drink as we take a look at the "putting out system" and what Vladamir envisions with his Player Owned Town. Hope to see you there!

Jan 17

Jan 24

Release 50:

Jan 31

Feb 7

Feb 14

Feb 21

Release 51:

Feb 28

March 7

March 14

March 21

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Berek, Rentier and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks @Stryker Sparhawk ! I'm excited to be hosting.

Our remote mountaintop factory is primarily dedicated to giving new players a place to come and find some crafting work. I realized that it is hard for them to get to do large batches of crafting due to the cost or time needed to secure big loads of raw materials.
    I also wanted them to get a little payout for their time, as they would if they were out adventuring.

So now, when you are buying S Mart furniture, you can know that there have been many hands that went into the creation of that piece.

We also have a store with non-exceptional gear for half crafting cost which also has buy orders available in small and large quantities. I really get a warm fuzzy when a new player comes through, sells a few iron ore and wood, and then buys some gear with their earnings.

The player driven economy is my favorite aspect of Shroud, and so it really makes me happy to be able to experiment with it and figure out how to make it create wealth for all of us!

So please join us on Wednesday to see the facilities!

Rentier and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Reiterating for this evening:

Jan 10 - S Mart Factorium (near Resolute) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Vladamir Begemot , the Factorium is an industrial center designed in mind to allow new Outlanders to assist in the automation of goods production for pay and skill assistance. Please join us for a drink as we take a look at the "putting out system" and what Vladamir envisions with his Player Owned Town. Hope to see you there!

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks everyone for coming! It was a great meet-up, so great to see everyone!

We started with a tour and explanation of how the system works. Short answer, if you'd like to do some crafting, /w me.

[​IMG]

Feeling a bit tipsy in this one, but everyone loved the clifftop view!

[​IMG]

And as night fell, a spontaneous dance party erupted, as so often happens in Novia!

What if it were like that back in the Outland? You go to the theater and watch a play, or have a circus, or a race, then everyone starts dancing and throwing a party? That'd be pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Syncronized dancing on @Grimace2 . He's squishy! He was also the first to player in the game to buy factory direct at wholesale prices! Thanks buddy!

[​IMG]

And thanks to all our supporters! Come on by, and tell any new outlanders you see that there is crafting work waiting for them!

Stella Moon and Khiara like this.