Hardcore Decay Idea

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by killdonkey, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killdonkey

killdonkey Avatar

It would be really cool that when ur house collapses all of your items fall to the ground for other players to loot and pickup. This used to be the way in Old School UO,but has changed. This makes it so their would be a lot of pvp around a house of players frantically trying to get the lost items. Players can even form guilds that try to time and fight for idocs (in danger of collapsing). Players can just bank up their items before they know they are quitting so when they comeback all their items are in the bank, instead of just going to ur bank when the house falls. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Just to correct you: It is still the same in UO.

BillRoy likes this.
  3. Obsidian2

Obsidian2 Avatar

That would be cool... for the looters... :D

Not so much for the owners of those items :p.

Not sure if Portalarium wants to do that but I am certain they will make the correct desicion.

NRaas likes this.
  4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

i have mixed feelings about this. I like it, and i think it will add a lot of content and an extra "profession" to the game. But on the other hand, RL does happen and when unforeseen circumstances happen and take you away from the game, i think just losing the lot is punishment enough.

We want people to come back to the game, and if all of there hard work is gone, then many will not come back.

Tho I do lean more towards the loot fest.

Time Lord, BillRoy, Dhimmi and 2 others like this.
  5. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

As a home owner, I find this idea...unappealing. I would hate to lose my stuff like crafting stations.

6. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

If you think someone else posting your address on Craig's List and coming home from vacation to an empty house cool then I guess. :)

A system like this is too punishing and they already have said your items in your house are safe. That was something said during KS when people paid $500+ for lots, so not something very likely to happen.

Jatvardur, BillRoy and Dhimmi like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I don't favor this as much as I didn't back in the day.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Real money items in your house...

BillRoy likes this.
  9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Hmmm some people haven't watched the PvP and Death Deep Dive :

Since it only has like 20 views, it might be better if some people from the forums actually watched it :)

This seems to be current thinking so this is more likely than any ad hoc forum posts by new users wanting early UO (again....)

Of course, feel free to post whatever you want, it's a free-for-all for discussions after all, but we have gone over a lot of this already and you know, until at least R5 (maybe later) we won't see how it will shape up anyhow.

Lord Baldrith and Canterbury like this.
  10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

In Ultima Online I was on both side of the fence: I camped many IDOCs (houses in the latest condition before falling) and collected nice stuff. And I lost a house unexpectedly with a lot of nice stuff, after EA messed up with payment from Credit Card).
    So its really a mixed feeling.
    Since there are no subscription fees and the decay times are much longer, stuff in a house could still be dropped, if a player does not log on that long. One time per 5 or more month should be possible - eiter themselves or hand the account data to a family member or friend and let them do this.
    But I also know, that if you rely on other people, you may not always have the right person for the job - or also this person gets issues blocking from login.
    I will accept what ever will be the final solution.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Lord Baldrith, Mata and BillRoy like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Even if that happens tho, you just lose the lot's placement. You still have a deed you can re place on any new empty lot, and all the stuff you keep.

Yah you'll have to reset it up, but that's okay

That's much better than losing all your crap why ?? no need that's not fun... game is supposed to be fun

12. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I miss the days of recalling to a house to see if it had fallen. Most of the time nothing....but sometimes... loot everywhere. Stuff still floating on the invisible second story and chest full of crap for the taking. What a rush that was...lol.

Lord Baldrith, Olahorand and BillRoy like this.
  13. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

yes for item decay. but your house and contents should be flagged as a safe zone ( no item decay)

on a side note: i didnt watch the movie out of time restraints so please PK me if that is the current line of thinking ;)

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

Should we be able to gift our possessions to another player on our real life deaths tho ? Yes. :)

Dhimmi likes this.
  15. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

House Sitting, it was a fine sport. My old guild and another on Baja would be in full GuildWar mode patrolling and guarding houses that were decaying, we'd run relays to the nearest guildie's house to drop off the loot and head back, and ambush the other guild doing the same thing.

Good times, but they won't happen here because of the real money cash-shop involved.

16. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

true you cant risk ( legally) to let people lose real life money trough a game mechanic unless they explicit stated it in a in some form of legal document that the participant has to sign/agree with it.

Jatvardur and BillRoy like this.
  17. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

It would be simple to implement on house decay, add-on store item will go to your inventory and the rest fall to the ground.

Time Lord, BillRoy and Dhimmi like this.
  18. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

It would, allowing other house users to aquire a better lot, and let the decayed owner just take a less desirable location when they eventually log back in and want to play again.
    So they would actually loose nothing, just end up having to pick or get asigned to a more remote location possibly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.