Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harder!

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracy

gracy Avatar

I think (as i posted in another thread), it's a matter of a better balancing between the fact now, even before the first release, to gain certain capability is needed to go much more further GM and the fact there are no creatures/mobs that gives enough XP to raise the skills, a part from becoming "living BOT" killing the same mob for age.
    I would like coherence between the level of skills now in game and the environment of the game itself: the high quantity of XPs from the pool needed to skill up (very high in some cases) requires enough high areas with enough high XP supplied, not force players to earn them tranforming this game in a "boring repetitive massive killing of tons of the same mobs".
    I like this game and i would like to love it like I loved and still love UO

Thanks to devs for their job

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

More than one wave, for certain.
    [​IMG]
    The spoiler picture there shows I think the fourth wave in Brightbone Pass, after several waves of archers, footmen, mages and so on, there's four Zombies, and then presumably even stronger Undead after that.
    I have a strong aversion to death, so once the Zombie's showed up, I moved on. :) This was on March 10, 2016, R27.

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

Outside of the waves there are 4-5 hardened skeles that spawn.

First wave: 2 hardened footman, 1 hardened archer
    Second Wave: 4 320 hp zombies as shown.
    Third Wave: 3 Elite Archers and 3 Elite Melee.
    Fourth Wave: Lich Warrior, 2 Elite Melee, 1 Elite Mage, 1 Elite Archer, 1 hardened Archer and 1 170 hp zombie.
    Fifth Wave: 3 Elite Archers, 2 Elite Melee, 6 Archmages
    Sixth Wave: Lich Markman and Lich Mage, 7-8 Archmage level archers/mages/warriors

I can't hold the control point through the sixth wave solo so I can't tell you if it repeats wave 6 or escalates further.

Fister Magee and agra like this.
  4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Well Control points are just that, a PVE king of the hill. The control point is taken by the group of players, they continue to stay on it, while fighting waves of progressively difficult mobs, ( I have personally seen nonstop spawns of bad boys until you are overrun, and they retake the point). I took Skyo out the other night so he could see one that works, and he had a blast. Can you solo yes, if you don't know how it is supposed to work, or it is bugged. Can you maintain one solo that is working as intended.. no Not even The Mighty Themo could hold one when it is at wave 10+.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You were either bugged or to impatient to wait for the second or more waves, but deffinatly NOT just one wave

6. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm not sure that control points always continue to get stronger or have a ceiling. I want to say they have a ceiling from the large group events i've been in at superstition canyon. There is also one weird control point (Sanctus Spine) that just speeds up the respawn timer without changing the mobs at all. The end state for that one is that all the mobs respawn instantly when looted.

7. agra

agra Avatar

Sounds like control points are certainly "more challenging" PvE content, currently, in R27, from these anecdotes.

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Undead CPs aren't even *all* that hard.

Try the two elves one, and we can talk.

When the spawn is Elite Archers and Ferocious Spiders (3x-5x of them), I really want to see a video of someone holding that solo.

Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  9. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Okay,

So what I am gathering from this thread is that there is harder content, but only when it works. I have tried to look for more difficult mobs but when the CP only spawned 8 or so mid level elves and I sat there on point for 5 minutes I discarded it as not being worth the time. It seems like certain aspects of this game may be misconstrued due to certain mechanics not working properly.

Vertas Pass was the one I believe I was trying, there were many obstacles, houses, ect that perhaps one of the mobs were stuck in which would not be surprising due to the number of times I've seen instances glitch out due to 1 bad spawn. I am sure about one thing, it wasn't due to my impatience, I'm a very patient man. If it was truly a matter of timing then it may be something the devs should look into as I doubt many would wait longer than myself.

~Wodin

Fister Magee, Sara Dreygon and Acred like this.
  10. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Stealth was similar in Shadowbane where damage brought you out of stealth (including Bleed DoT's from bows and other weapons which were guaranteed hit) but the way Wolfpack implemented it was cool - you could remain stealthed if your character dodged AoE damage (iirc) and direct target spells, and other melee attacks. So your passive defense played a role in remaining stealthed.

I've been trying to pull off some stealth combos against wolves but stealth only seems to work when the wolf switches targets to another player I guess. I'll sap them.. then stop my auto attack with T, move behind them Shadow form....nothing. But my skill is pretty low.. like 25.

I'd like stealth to work in combat if the opponent is affected by CC spells with stun, mesmermize, confusion types of effects - probably not root because your opponent is not incapacitated or confused.

Or if you're able to sprint away and take cover behind a tree or something. However, some mobs do have a much keener sense of smell (wolves) so maybe it would be impossible to stealth near them if they're not disoriented. Unless you can throw off your scent somehow.

11. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm not sure how universal control point timers are, but Brightbone spawns every 3 minutes as long as you hold the point (whether or not you kill all the mobs from the previous wave)

12. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

We held vertas pass till there was a nonstop spawn of about 15 mobs, then it got to be a bit hectic for a 6 man party. with 1 healer 1 tank 2 cc/aoe mages and a archer dps we did quiet well

13. Noric

Noric Avatar

Then i expect the standard pattern is that the mobs increase in difficulty(as the number is increasing) until they reach a cap, then the quantity continues to increase until it reaches a cap and then the respawn timer decreases.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  14. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

yeah that is how we witnessed it was a continuous spawn when we were overrun

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  15. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

This was a cool feature. I did enjoy it. It does however illuminate my original point. I think the control points are great and I plan to spend many more hours buzzing through them. However a rapid respawn of high level mobs isn't exactly enough end game channlenge that will foster replayability.

I'm so excited to see what Chris will be able to sneak in. This dev team has the right vision and purpose. I'm confident they will come through with some more challenging content.

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

when are you going to show your stats and show us how you control a control point, I still want to see how powerful you are,.

FrostII and Katrina Bekers like this.
  17. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Let's set up a duel. I'm not very good pvp tho...

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

lol I do not want to duel I want to see you manage a control point so I can learn how it is done

FrostII likes this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Crickets............................

20. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

@Frost @FrostII
    He cant hold it solo, he went t here, the CP was bugged he held wave one nothing else came. In theory he held it solo. We took him out to show he how it was when it worked as it should, and he had a ball..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.