Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harder!

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

act as his own spokesperson.....:eek:
    As do I..... ;)

Leelu likes this.
  2. Noric

Noric Avatar

Syko has done a very poor job of communicating this - but we've already established the fact that he cannot solo hold a nonbugged control point continuously. Fizzlethorp said he took Syko out with a high level party to a nonbugged control point and that they were eventually forced out by the control point even in the group (also stating Themo couldn't even hold a high level point solo). Syko then had the followup post that did not disagree with anything that Fizzlethorp said and said he had fun.

I would note that I have had no communication with Syko outside of this thread, so anything I know on the subject you could have gotten from reading more carefully.

Now, I can solo escalate Brightbone to wave 6 before losing it(note: wave 5 isn't entirely dead when wave 6 hits). If a player had a high enough adventuring level (not constantly missing archmage level mobs), then i would not be surprised if they could hold wave 5 comfortably and probably escalate it up to wave 7 . Elves have more HP, so I'm not sure how i could get vertas - though i played around a little bit with superstition canyon today and was almost able to hold through 4th wave(With more practice i might be able to get to wave 5 - though i know i can't beat the red spider waves fast enough solo).

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

TY , I have yet to se him say anywhere in here where he admits to not being able to hold a control point, and if that is so then there is NO reason to give him what he asks for since his request was based on false information.

Just because a player can kill Torc, and a few other of the highest level creatures solo, AT THIS TIME. does not really say much at all as I know how some do it, and only 1 or 2 actually trained their skills up legitimately to be able to do so. And those players will not even be able to get 1/2 as strong as they are no in any fast time frame after release.

So once once again any time spent making stuff harder could be much more well spent on other content.

After episode one then more difficult / complex content could be worked on but lets focus on a good stable, playable WELL ROUNDED game.

And not focus time on catering to a very few . . . .

4. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I'm surprised at the spoon-feeding that is required here to make up for lack of comprehension.

At any rate I do agree that time could be spent elsewhere in development. That being said I do firmly believe that the current content PROGRESSION needs to be addressed. There is no transition from mid adventure levels into higher adventure levels. There is currently a large discrepancy in the amount of exp required to get your adventure level and skills up in comparison to available mobs.

Perhaps instead of "Harder" content we need more "Balanced" and more evenly distributed difficulty/experience to provide a more smooth/natural feeling to the progression of the game.

And for the record; I'm noones spokesperson, I am simply trying to give proper feedback to the issue to make this game better which is not being done by riding on someone for not writing in plain text that their previous accusation was skewed due to the game not functioning as intended when they initially played it.

Far Vel,
    ~Wodin

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Couple things on this.

Way more than 1 or 2 trained up properly/legitimately. Matter of fact most guys did. The ones who didn't do it legit are no threat really. They have XP, but no skill.

As for the other thing. I cant hold a CP solo(except Vertas). I can solo everything else (even the dragons).
    So because I run around solo a lot there shouldn't be content for me? I should be forced into a group to go 'hold a CP'. Why would I want to share my XP?

If ya really wanna get mad go after the Devs, they allowed ALL those guys to keep the characters they leveled thru the Quest bugs, AND they decreased the good mobs so as to not allow the legit players to ever catch those guys that cheated.

I hate being in Friends Only, but if I don't, I wipe out Deep Ravens in seconds and leave nothing for other folks in Multi. More zones/challenging mob mechanics and mobs would alleviate pressure on the few zones that the upper echelon folks hang out in.

Not mad at ya Weinie, just using this as an example. :)

Lord Woengus, Leelu, Skyo and 5 others like this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

The only concerning part about this, for me, is that this WILL happen after July 28th, 2016.
    However, there is no precedent, yet, that would indicate Portalarium will do anything differently AFTER July 28th, 2016.
    They've never rolled back or deleted characters that gained dozens or hundreds of millions of XP/gold through quest bugs. Not even to test if they can do it. That's very disconcerting/worrisome, to me.
    So the old MMO mantra of "Exploit early, Exploit often" will continue to be true, to the detriment of everyone except the exploiters? Likely, and not cool. :oops:

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

That's my concern, too.

Let's say that there's no precedent that they will NOT do anything either. Hoping is free...

Sure if they let fiascos (like BMC's 55M gold or insane adv levels for bugged quests) slip thru persistence, the credibility of the entire project is seriously jeopardized.

8. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Well said.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm not disagreeing with you, but i think a little too much emphasis is placed on "holding" a control point. The lower waves of a control point may slow down your xp rate but there is potential to clear x waves of a control point and then reset it. I believe i am notably lower adventurer level than you, but i manage about 90k xp in 18 min doing the first 5 waves of Brightbone.

I'm not saying this is the best xp in the game but i find it a lot more fun than other high xp activities that i am aware of and can manage.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Oba Evesor likes this.
  10. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Dunno, kinda in the name right. Control Point.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I do see what you're saying.

11. Noric

Noric Avatar

I guess i should have seen that one coming. Probably not popular with the NPCs in my SPO worlds considering how much i let the undead terrorize them...

Oba Evesor likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

and you are one of the few who can, congradulations, but I bet you 1/2 your account that when the game is released you will NOT be able to do this within 4 months and prob more like 6.

And no Content should NOT be created for you. You have mastered a lot now is the time for you to spread your wisdom to others.

Also there will be more balancing so that the skills you are using to Solo everything will most likely be balance some more, to make them less effective.

So once again NO, No content should be created for your types.

Perhaps after episode one and we see players working like this again perhaps, BUT

At this time there is much MUCH more that the developers could better use their time on.

And at this time you should be changing you skill set to test out other skills and see if they are as effective so the developers can balance them out.

After all testing is what we are here for not to change / create the game to our wants.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Again, reread the thread. Chris a key developer if you follow the game, his team is already working on the content we are asking for.

The dev team knows how important difficult content is to keep active games engaged.

I know it might be hard for you to fathom but just because you don't see something as possible doent mean others aren't accomplishing it all around you.

I'm glad your enjoying the lower level content. Enjoy it.

Let us put the top end content to the test as well.

Thank you for your input.

14. Noric

Noric Avatar

Syko, you really did spend this entire thread talking AROUND anyone that disagreed with you or was critical of your claims...

FrostII likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Who are you talking to or at -

I know what they are doing and they are wasting their time to appease a very small portion of the players. They really need to focus on the general content, and that is my point.

I am happy they are listening and creating things for you to make you happy, but you , and they, could better support the game by changing your template and letting them know how effective Air is Compared to Water. Or any other changes you could be testing . . . That is my point.

Complaining about not enough of a challenge to you because you have reach such a high level in certain skills is not really helping, it is just showing where they need to look at serious balancing issues.

And is it possible to show us what you have in your skill trees so we can see how you have trained and decked yourself out to be so successful?

That alone would help us better the game, not just put in harder content, and that is my whole point.

We already know that players have figured out and trained so they can solo stuff, and another point I have said over and over is that you will not even begin to come close to this level in 4 months after release, if you do AWSOME, but I doubt very highly that many will.

Katrina Bekers and FrostII like this.
  16. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

So thats it, no more mobs or grinding for me, I shouldnt get XP?? All I'm supposed to do now is tutor? I DO help heaps of folks in-game. Not sure why that matters here.

I've GM'd ALL Sword and 90% of Bludgeon (even the innates in both), then UNTRAINED all those and AND now I'm a mage (and I still have 15 GM's). What more can I test for you? Dude, I'll get to Pole arms next wipe, jeesh. I give my feedback where it matters, and to those who listen. I dont tilt at windmills in a public forum.
    I like ya man, but you're wrong in this case IMO.

Or I could do what A LOT of other higher level players have done and just bounce, come back in 4 months and just wreck shop. Let you guys worry about bickering and testing level 43 skills.
    Knew there was a reason I took a break from the forums.

17. Katrina Bekers

I'd swap "critical" with "skeptical", at this point.

FrostII likes this.
  18. Katrina Bekers

In less than two months?

I really hope that for release, they tone down XP gaining by 1/100th, then.

FrostII likes this.
  19. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Folks i had 4x until level 94, plus we are ALL getting double XP right now. So I was earning double XP at a 4 times rate. Yeah its a bit much, but it is testing right?

My stun rate on Discharge is 126% (unstacked!) THATS OP.

My Water Tree is devastating and needs tweeks.

To figure this stuff out I need the XP to put into em. I'm not saying take away low level zones. I'm saying add some actual zones to gain xp, even more clones is fine but clone the zones that matter. Give us the spider cave back ;), that kinda thing.

Moonshadow, Katrina Bekers and Skyo like this.
  20. agra

agra Avatar

That would quite literally be the death of Shroud. I know you're being hyperbolic, but the general gaming public isn't going to be satisfied with the current 1X rate.
    My prediction is that sometime in September, 2016, Portalarium will adjust the base XP rate to be at least double, if not more. (and increase/alienate a portion of the target demographic in the process, as ~every game in the genre does this)
    Many testers know what they're doing, or were able to acquire pools with dozens of millions of XP. This has resulted in being able to test a wide variety of builds very quickly, but certainly isn't indicative of release.
    Given there's only one more wipe coming, I have very little confidence enough testing will be done at the "public" rates to get solid data samples. But, time will tell. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.