Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Harvesting Inside a Greenhouse Can Harvest Crops Outside of Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. Harvesting Inside a Greenhouse Can Harvest Crops Outside of Greenhouse
    2. 100%
    3. No
    4. When I use the harvest skill in my green house, and a tiny portion of the highlighted circle extends beyond the wall of the greenhouse onto a planting bed outside of it, it also harvests stuff from the planting bed outside. Thats some odd UX in my opinion, there should not be magical wall-ignoring powers of my scythe. I was using the plants on the outside as deco, and they were harvested unintentionally.
    5. Put harvestable crops in a greenhouse, and some outside of the greenhouse, next to it. Use harvest skill to select an area both inside and outside the greenhouse. Be amazed as avatar ignores walls and harvests stuff outside!
    6. See signature.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Note: I think also, the area that is harvestable might be larger than the display of the colored circle when the harvesting glyph is used.

I had actually suspected that the above reported "bug" (or perhaps, unexpected UX) was the case, so I have always been careful to only select the beds I want to harvest, and always exclude the planted pots I use for deco. I just noticed that I had also harvested some planting pots that were way out of range of the harvest display circle - at least 2-3 meters. It harvested them anyway.

My skill is at level 80 (all my agriculture skills are locked at 80, if that matters). It seems like the skill may create a larger radius than the display allows - Im too poor to test this effectively though.

[Update]

I just tested this with the watering skill, and it is true - the display border when you use the glyph is smaller than the area to which the skill is applied. I used the watering skill for my beds inside my greenhouse (Avatar standing inside the greenhouse), and had no overlap with a bed outside the greenhouse. The bed outside the greenhouse is about 1/2 a meter away from the greenhouse. It also got watered.

For now, agriculturally minded Avatars will need to be very careful with the harvesting glyph radius, if they intend to use some nearby pots/beds as decorations only.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.