Has any one had issues where they can't play sheet music or hear others playing it in-game?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by twofoldsilence, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Has any one had issues where they can't play sheet music or hear others playing it in-game? I use to be able to play sheet music by right-clicking and choosing Use Item or placing it in a free hot bar slot and clicking on it, but now when I do this I equip my instrument, but I never play the sheet music. I also, can't hear others playing music on their instruments. I think the last time I could play sheet music was several years ago, but I haven't been able to for sometime now. I've tried playing it on a Reward, Artifact, and Crafted instrument, and it doesn't work on any for me. I've also uninstalled/re-installed SotA. I use the Steam Client, but even when using the standalone client for QA my avatar can't play music, so I don't think it's client related. Thanks.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’ve noticed playing music lately has had some problems. Not sure if it’s internet related or server problems (or both).

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Under the options menu check and make sure your instrumental music volumes are up. I have had songs that have become broken.

Also try different instruments with that sheet music. When I'm in game I would be happy to give you sheet music to try to troubleshoot to see if maybe it's the sheet music that is broken.

A while ago our Lutes were broken and music got stuck but other instruments would play the songs. Also I do see a song every once in awhile that is stuck for someone and perhaps it is a lag issue. For me right now music is playing really well.

The flute was fixed this release and sounds a a little better but in my opinion it is still not fixed all the way because I was syncing a song the other night and I could not hear the flute playing at all.

Edited typos

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
  4. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

This started with me yesterday, I try to play a song with sheet music or from files and I equip the instrument but I do not see myself play or hear. Others hear me play and I do not. When other play I do not hear the music, nor do I see them play. I can still play and hear individual notes using the 1-9 keys. I was able to play music on Monday night, tried Tuesday and nothing.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16265
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.Win.64.758.Date.04.02.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Caelestis Canton
    Area Display Name: Caelestis Canton
    Loc: (-162.8, 75.5, 217.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDYWVsZXN0aXMgQ2FudG9ufCgtMTYyLjgwNSwgNzUuNDUzLCAyMTcuMTY0KXwoMCwgMC42NTUsIDAsIC0wLjc1NSl8Mjc4LjExMzV8MTB8NS43MjYyMzU=

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    twofoldsilence likes this.
  5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions Majoria, but I've already tried all of them including testing with different instruments and different sheet music with a friend, and neither I or he could hear when I tried to play sheet music, and it looks like my avatar doesn't even play it. He just waits for me to manually play my own music using 1- 9 and [Ctrl] 1 - 9, and when I play music manually it works. What's not working is when I try to have my avatar play sheet music. Additionally, when my friend played sheet music I couldn't hear it, but he says he could. I also tried on a second computer and playing sheet music there works, but even a SotA uninstall/re-install doesn't correct the issue on my main computer. I also submitted a trouble ticket to SotA support, but they suggested I post up here, because they are too small of a help desk to help individuals with computer specific issues which is a bit disappointing, seeing as how I've already did pretty much everything I can think of to try to fix it including downloading/installing the latest sound card driver for my computer, so I guess I'll just never be able to play SotA on my main computer until I replace it with a new one.

6. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

calkano please add your bug stats up here, so we can compare your system configuration to mine. I'm including mine below.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6) System RAM: 16285
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.755.Date.03.29.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (373.8, 19.6, 87.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgzNzMuODI5LCAxOS42MDIsIDg3LjI1NCl8KDAsIC0wLjk2NywgMCwgMC4yNTcpfC0xNDYuMTU4N3wyMC40NDcwN3wyMA==

7. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

@calkano (PAX) Nothing similar specs wise for us except for the memory, but I doubt it's related to that. What sound card/device does your system use. Mine uses a Realtek High Definition Audio Integrated Sound Card, and I use an Asus motherboard. Also, how long have you been playing SotA, and do you play through the Steam or Port Client?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.