Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Has anyone found a Wyvern yet?

Discussion in 'Release 56 QA Feedback' started by Pawz, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I'm trying to test Wyverns but can't find one to tame.

nonaware and Brass Knuckles like this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im stuck at work, so please post it when u find them.

3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I will...still looking.

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

did not find them but the new corpions and aether dragon are in northwest blackblade mountains.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

No not tamable :(

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How does the aether corpion compare to the ghost corpion?

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Aether Corpion has around 6k hp. I forget what the Ghost Corpion has for hp.

9. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Looks like Wyverns are not coming out! :(

10. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

?????
    no wyverns now? come on they got alot of ppl sticking around just for them lol

Pawz likes this.
  11. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Wyverns are coming - but not this release it seems. Hopefully in August.

12. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

If we're not getting Wyverns, they need to fix the Ancient Obsidian Bear this release or give us taming buffs on gear or something. They have pulled the rug out from under tamers so many times now, I'm getting ready to just move on.

13. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

Ya I agree with Pawz, I really have been fighting to just keep on with the game but being a full out tamer its becoming harder an harder but I still got hope for it coming back an showing us they can do it. But it is just becoming to much of a issue, I have already had to take 3 or 4 month breaks thru the years from there destruction of taming but we will see.

14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I really wanted to love taming but with over 476 million invested it the taming tree, my pet just does ok...he should be a beast! Anytime I group, I don't even have him out because most people feel he gets in the way more than he helps. It sounds like someday taming might be fun but release after release come and nothing new or fun for taming! :(

As a tamer, the only thing that makes my pet stronger is taming specialization (I have it at 128) and at this point it costs around 35 million for another 6 hp! (that's not a typo 6 hp) That's just NOT fun.

C'mon devs, you have to do better than this. :(

Chatele and Boradic Boneslasher like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Pets have been very bad for high end players since r33. They are good at low level to mid level range but once you are high level (81+) its bothersom to bring them out. A low level player using an obsidian bear can kill stuff beyond thier normal means so for them taming works well. Where my sneak attack one shots just about everything my pet would take constant healing over a long period of time to do the same thing.

Ive not really actually used a pet much in the last year yet i have 137 taming 130 summoning 121 combat training and 100 taming specialization. I did pull out my fero and smacked a no armored training dummy and it does less damage than my auto attack. Ive more time and skill points in this tree than any other two and I cant even justify using a pet today.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Boradic Boneslasher and Pawz like this.
  16. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Can anyone explain to me the benefit to raise a skill above 100. My understanding is the game was designed to have diminished returns for anything past 100.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's diminishing returns because the next skill level costs more that the previous skill level. To take a skill from 100 to 120 costs 7x the experience that it cost to get it to 100. From 100 to 140 costs a whopping 44x.

jschoice likes this.
  18. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Yes I was aware of that, my point was Chris was pretty clear since the game started in kick starter that going past 100 would a) take a ton of xp and b) would not increase the power of the skill by much at all. In fact if I remember taking a skill to 80 was the max power spike and taking it to gm was really a novelty thing to give you a gm title and that you would help party members gain that gm skill quicker. I remember seeing a graph somewhere that showed how things flattened out. This was part of balancing and a way to avoid having hard skill caps. I was wondering if that has changed because when I see people say I raised this skill to 120 and it only does 6 more damage then it did at 100 I understand that was done by design.

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Good question... you can play say a archer or fighter with 80s skills and do pretty well. Taming requires 118 to tame the red fero so in that case ud need 118.

To anwser your question further if you want to be really good say as a caster you would want 200+ attunment in your field and to do that you would need to push 10 skills in your tree 110-120. Attenment uses the top 10 skills in your tree.

You can be pretty close in effectiveness but the healer with 100 attunment is going to be out healed by the guy with 240.

Your healing ray in my example might be only 10 or so more base points x stack size but your attenment rating not only comes from that skill but the levels in the 9 other skills. By the time all thats said and done it could be 50pt swing in heals.

As far as archery or melee the "ranged combat" passive adds alot of extra damage as well as all the other passives a 120 everything archer will have alot more dps than a 80 archer.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Chatele and jschoice like this.
  20. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Thanks for the clear explanation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.