Hate to repeat ask a question.....SPF

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Belladonna Rose, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I am still abit confused how the Single Player with Friends works. I know it shows your friends list when you log in and such.....but you cannot actually interact with said friends other than chat?
    My hubby just started playing and i thought it would be good if we went to SPF mode and that way i could direct and show him things without alot of lookey loos following us around. But when we both logged into said mode i saw him online was able to talk to him and we even started a party channel yet we could not physically see each other in game. Now dont get mad at me for this......but that just seems totally fubar.
    What is the point then. I know its "single player" but if you are with friends then they should be there.
    If someone could explain this better to me then fine. Until then we will just stay in Multiplayer and roll with the masses.

Also once i get a new headset since my current one the mic is dead it will be easier for me to communicate with him when in MP mode. I hate running back and forth through the house and yelling through the house so he can hear what i am saying. LMAO. Although the running part is good excersise.
    Sorry about the rant. Just frustrating when trying to teach and show someone around the game when i worked for the last 4 months to talk him into playing.....LOL

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Your friend need to be on your friendlist, and if you are in a party, you WILL be together in the same scene. Or should :)

3. agra

agra Avatar

Try this; Both of you login, to Friends Mode, and login to the world map, so your location is "Novia".
    Travel to an area like East Perennial Trail, so both of you, independently, are on the world map, just outside of East Perennial Trail. Don't zone in yet.
    Now, ensure both of you are on each others friends list.
    Then, one of you /invite the other. If your name in game was Rose, for example, your husband would type /invite Rose. Or if your husbands name was Thorn in game, you would type /invite Thorn.
    When you send that /invite, in the upper left corner, there should be an accept/reject grouping request. Accept that (or not, if you don't want to. :p )
    Now, you should see each other in your group interface. You won't see each other on the world map yet.
    One of you enter/zone-in to East Perennial Trail, once you're grouped.
    Wait until that player has zoned in completely, and appeared inside East Perennial Trail.
    Then, the second player should enter/zone-in to East Perennial Trail.
    The second player will appear next to the first player, and can adventure together.
    While grouped, from that point after and for the duration of your play session, if you exit to Novia via a zone exit, you'll both appear on the Overland Map / Novia.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

thank you for that info. We tried meeting in Soltown but it wasnt working. We are on each other's friends list and we group/partied but was still not seeing each other. We will what you said....and see how it works. Most helpful and thank you again

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Everyone will have to logged in as the friend only mode as well. Is that already the case?

6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

As Royce said, be sure you are both in friends only mode. Other than that it sounds like a bug if it still isn't working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.