Hatter's LAN Party 2017 - Chicago (October 6th, 2017)

Discussion in 'Reoccurring & Future Events' started by Mad Hatter, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

[​IMG]

Event Details:

[​IMG]

As mentioned in the Summer Telethon Part 1 and Lord British Birthday Telethon… Mad Hatter is happy to hold the 1st exclusive SotA community LAN event. This event will be held on "Mad Hatter Day 10/6” in Chicago and hope to be an annual event.

We are a community that comes together by means of a game in a virtual world. This usually happens from all places across the globe. Now this LAN party gives us a chance to come together at one location in the beautiful city of Chicago.

Not only will we join the game together live but we will make all attempts to get community member leaders in respected fields to attend the event and give us an inside look LIVE on the giant projected Big Screen. We will also see if Portalarium can attend and support the various topics above.

As the event unfolds I will be updating this thread to keep all informed.

How to Participate:

[​IMG]

$25 (Cloak Only – Not attending event)

$55 (Signup & Cloak) Until August 14th, 2017 @ 11:59PM (Central Standard Time)

$70 (Late Signup & Cloak) After August 14th, 2017

On Saturday October 7th, we will all gather and go into the city for a fun filled event if LAN group is interested. I will be starting a conversation thread to all those attending and together will work out the details.

***Registration will close @ 11:59PM (Central Standard Time) September 14th, 2017***

We hope you can make this event and share your experiences with us all. We all love to play the game and why not enjoy it together in Chicago!!!

Sincerely,

-Mad Hatter

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 11:19 PM
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Awesome invite! Best of luck!

3. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

So... if I can make it ... I sign up... bring my laptop, keyboard, mouse and maybe an external monitor (?) or three, plug in to your LAN, and we do things according to the agenda?

I've never been to a LAN party before. We play while we participate in deep dive discussions?

What's it like technically and socially at a LAN party? Do we throw food around? Live off pizza or Italian meatballs?

Can people attend even if they don't bring their computers? Come to learn, socialize, etc.?

Wouldn't it also be fun if Portalarium were there, had their QA server running so we were cloned on the QA Server, they haul us into monster rooms, boost our skills to have fun, etc. since QA server is not persistent. Yet, I don't know if everyone attending is Dev+ to get onto the QA server for such demo's/walkthroughs, etc. Maybe attendee's accounts are QA enabled for the day. Who knows.

If network connection is good, maybe ZOOM in people from around the world too to watch the chaos ... er the party? Some community people have 50-100 person ZOOM channels.

Can we fish in Lake Michigan?

Well, I just fish for ideas. Don't mind me.

Sounds like a GREAT event!

4. Berek

Berek Senior Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Fantastic event Mad Hatter!

5. Sir Stile Teckel

Sir Stile Teckel Avatar

6. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Yes, though I don't know if you want to bring a surround display, but sure!!!

You can play and participate as you please, not all will follow the agenda and will want to focus on something else when some topics are not of interest

Technically... LAN party today is mostly Laptops (since they have become much better over the years, in past days it was mainly people's PC's (some still bring PC's),
    Socially... Absolutely a social event if those want it to be, to each their own.
    Throw Food around... only fish!!
    Live off pizza or Italian meatballs... in Chicago we have many known favorites, most known ones... Steaks / Chicago Pizza / Chicago Hot Dogs / Italian Beef Sandwiches... BUT most LAN parties you will normally see A LOT of energy drinks (seems to go hand and foot)!!!

You're Hired!!!

Of course, but be carefull on what you might reel up!!! GM Skills not applicable in the Great Lakes!!!

Of Course and welcomed!!!

Good idea as well!!! Don't think that's possible but I like the thought process!!!

-MH

7. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Very Nice of you Sir!!! Thanks

8. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

When I attended SOTA Con East last year, I was hoping to have something similar there.
    Unfortunately, the internet connection at the location was marginal at best and playing SOTA was unreliable. Trying to play in my room was impossible.

Seems like this type of thing would be great at SOTA Con in Austin this year?
    I hope this event does not interfere with that since dates are so close.

9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I'm all registered!

I just need the location so I can rent a hotel room. Looking forward to it :)

Mad Hatter and Time Lord like this.
  10. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Hello @Fionwyn Wyldemane and thanks for registration for the event.

As of now... I am awaiting to get a final number of people before I can book a venue location.

I will surly give ample time in advance (3 weeks minimum).

Cloaks are coming R45!!!!

Thanks!!!

-Mad Hatter

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.