Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Have the devs thought about putting in a real time talking system?

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Apollyon9515, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Do you like bein able to talk to someone as you play?

1. Yes but i want it to be ingame

42.9%
  2. Yes ill use anything i can like TS/mumble/etc

42.9%
  3. No because..... list it in a reply

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

Ok i have my TS below but would like to know if people thought it would be cool or use a ingame talking system like alot of modern games have? Maybe if enough people like or dont like it we could get it implemented...

PS for the mean time :D

free teamspeak for anyone that wants it.
    Server name: teamspeak.nerdzoo.net
    Password sota

Share it with anyone and enjoy it guys. Im hoping more of us can join and play together this release to make things more fun. I have a few generic channels so far but can make more to make everyone happy and have a place to feel comfortable. Feel free to come in and talk/play/etc and use it for whatever you wish because so far no ones been in here but myself and the guy i rented it from hah.

RDouglas likes this.
  2. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Wouldn't it be nice to use speak with npc's too? yes if possible it would make the world more real so to speak/lol pun intended.... but that would take alot of server juice/wink..... perhaps an add on? for the future.... I like how you think.

3. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I respect the idea and I think it would be hilarious/great all at the same time however I think there are a few negatives to it.

1: Go play RUST.

2: Imagine that guy in rust who sat outside your house blasting house music and building ramps on your door is now playing SoTa.

3: It kind of hinders people who get really really into roleplaying. You know the chatty types who use lots of *bows* and *winks*.

I don't think it's a bad idea, some of the most fun ive had in online gaming has been because of proximity chat features and trolling but I know it would be a deal breaker for some.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  4. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

Ill be honest I half way made this thread so that this post wouldnt get nuked :)
    I dont know what rust is but a public chat would be horrible and it would have to be able to enable "voice" with certain people or groups of people that the player could decide on as in guildies, npcs, everyone, party members and etc.

A entire world chat could be fun and crazy and something to think about possibly

5. Apollyon9515

Apollyon9515 Avatar

I think it would be hard to talk to the vendors but it would be really cool for a role player to have a old UO voice speak to you for the generic NPC talk and premade responses. Now that i think about it some recorded voices could be to hard to add in for NPCs to talk to you(i assume thy dont know because i didnt hear them)

RDouglas likes this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

That about does it haha

7. stile

stile Avatar

Im not against the idea or anything. But its been my experience that mmo's that have such.. Players still use their own teamspeak, mumbles, etc, because the quality is better, they dont go down with the servers, you dont have to be in a party/group, and you dont have to be in game.

Im all for them being an in game feature, as long as its not going to eat up any money, time, or other resources.

Otherwise id say skip it, only because people will primarily (not always, just when they can), use other options anyway.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  8. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

^

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.