Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Having to sheath weapon to gain focus sucks

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by The Banker, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Repeatedly standing around doing nothing but watching a bar regenerate is boring.

On top of that, you have to wait for

1. Out of combat to actually kick in. There is a fair delay after sheathing your weapon
    2. Skills to come off cooldown
    3. Instant spawn mobs that put you back into combat before you have even regenerated any focus

A much better alternative is not being hit for X seconds or not casting for X seconds for the regen to kick in.

Tamsen, Mimner, Fister Magee and 9 others like this.
  2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Important usability changes. Rook's post really can't be said much better.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unfortunately, it seems that they're not open to suggestions about focus regeneration. :(

4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

It wouldn't be quite so bad if out of combat focus was drastically buffed to avoid long and frequent breaks between combat, I still feel in combat regen shuld be better, or more skills / new skills should be introduced that offer focus regen bonuses or focus restoration. Like if berserker stance granted focus on crit hits, or defensive stance granted focus on successful blocks. Mages at least have aetheric feedback, even if it might be broken at the moment. But warriors and tanks, who already have substantially smaller focus pools have nothing other than hope to kill their targets before they run out of focus. It couldn't hurt in light of these changes to drastically increase buff duration also. When in full tank mode, i typically have to use 4-5 defensive glyphs every 10-15 seconds. That doesn't include the focus I have to expend to keep threat by dealing damage and trying to use a broken taunt ability. Meanwhile I only regenerate enough focus to cover the use of 1 or 2 of those abilities every 10 seconds. So in the best case scenario I'm spending focus 2-3x faster than I'm able to regenerate it and that's if all I do is maintain my buffs and use auto-attack.

5. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

One simple change that would make many happy is have non combat regen kick in 5 seconds after you last use a combat skill. That way I can run around and harvest and not constantly sheath and unsheath my weapon.

Elucidous, Mimner and Innascual Inch like this.
  6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah would be nice if the peace bar would switch over faster. Sometimes it does sometimes it is like a 5 - 10 second delay.

Usually harvest while waiting or use heal over time spells. Always have to recast buffs every other fight.

Always stay buffed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.