Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Healing...

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by TheWanderingPoet, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

There are numerous issues regarding healing.
    1. You can heal while out of combat indefinitely. A player should be put into combat if they heal a player in combat.
    2. You can not heal players not in your party/NPCs. I want to sometimes heal a player who is dying as a sign of kindness. When trying to do this it heals me instead.
    3. The effects of dealing damage on healing is minimal if even part of the heal system yet. If you wish to encourage people to not use them during combat there has to be a proper effect like death magic's penalty.
    But testing this I do the exact amount of heals. Otherwise us healers are not needed, because the dps and the tank can just self heal. It would also make the supposed bosses harder to solo.
    4. Give healers something to do while waiting for a group (which currently takes forever). With #2 enabled you could introduce plagues and illnesses, and if players wished they could purify the NPCs and players infected.
    Edit:
    5. Healing a player in your party flagged for PvP flags you for PvP with very little warning but an obnixious pop up. If you accidently hit confirm you flag PvP, if you accidently hit deny, you can never heal this player.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a consent issue. some players like surprise heals from random strangers, some don't. healing someone that doesn't want you to is not being kind and they may be too busy for you to check with them first.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can use a healing spell once from the utility bar and then you must wait the full cooldown. Also, healing a player white he's engaged with a mob can cause that mob to turn it's attention to you.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is to keep non-PvP players from healing a PvP while never being in danger of being attacked by that player's opponent (a very unfair situation).

5. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

Then simply add a toggle for those who dont want healed by other players.
    Who wouldn't want a heal though? Is there any benefit to denying everyone in the game the chance to heal someone who otherwise will not make it? I've seen people who have died because of this. I could do nothing but watch.
    Yes, but you can also take advantage of the massive focus regen. I have had no issues at all with taking agroe with a heal.
    Yes, but if you misclick you could be flagged for PvP. This happened to me a few weeks ago, where I did not realize my party member was flagged for PvP and I was terrified because I did not want to be open world PvP. It should simply disable your ability to heal them unless you flag for PvP.

devourerofmemes likes this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

All they need to do is check to see if u r flagged, if u are, then no one outside of being flagged can heal you... so, if u are flagged, then a non flagged person can heal you, only someone who is flagged..... problem solved ...

devourerofmemes likes this.
  7. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

You're 100% correct, I'd love to see the statistics on what outlier percent doesn't want to be healed. The fact it's not in the game currently because of this argument is ridiculous, a toggle that's defaulted to allow healing from others is a perfect solution, but it's sad this is even a topic. If you don't want to interact with people in an mmo and risk getting healed play solo online or offline.

Chatele likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you meant to say "if u are flagged, then a non flagged person can't heal you" then that's exactly how it works right now.

9. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

This is false. You will get a pop up saying "This is an act of aggression" and if you do anything like hit ENTER to talk, you will be immediately flagged for PvP. (I was attempting to ask what the pop-up was about when it closed and flagged me)
    This has lead to me completely ignoring PvP players because I can not play with them without the risk of the game flagging me for open world PvP. Yes I don't mind not being able to heal them, but to so easily flag a non-pvper?

That would be an easy way to exploit new users. Get newbies to "act of aggression" to heal you, leave party, deck them, and take their stuff (for ransom). This sounds awfully familiar like the old UO tactics I would hear about.

Long story short, you CAN heal them, and you CAN exploit new players with it.

10. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will chime in with my 2 (er, 10?) cents here as someone who has done party healing in this game for a couple of years now:

1) Healer Aggro is a thing. You can try to stay out of combat, but if your party is in any kind of situation where they really need heals, it won't last long, especially once you level your skills and start pumping out higher numbers! All it takes is one archer or mage out of your tank's range and party over! Plus, you can't sling heals fast enough out of combat to support a party doing anything remotely challenging. If this is the case for you, get those guys to go somewhere harder!

2)Alley already has this covered very well. Anytime I see someone struggling, I toss them an invite, then the ball is in their court, if they want the heals, all they have to do is accept. If they don't accept, I usually stand there and watch em die, but that's just me... I mean I always cheer for them if they live too, promise.

3) The effects of healing after dealing damage only affect your ability to heal others iirc, and it ramps back down after a period of about 30 seconds, I think. I want to say the max is only like 30% too, so yes this is not much of an issue, but it is a small incentive for pure healers, and better than nothing.

4) If you need something to do, go wail on undeads. Banish is a pretty good spell and will bring up your attunement in general. Supplement with some searing ray and you can do some serious damage. I would rather see the dev team work on increasing incentive to group, not implement some whole other system for healers to pretend-heal NPCs.

5) I bet that's only an issue once, haha. Now you will know and watch to see who in your party is flagged ;) I am with you on this one though, there should be something you can toggle to *never* heal flagged players just like we have an option to auto decline duels. I have seen new (and not so new) players get dragged into pvp by shady folks doing just what you describe.

Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

if you're really sure you never ever wanna flag on someone, turn off the prompt in options. it will default to no, so you won't get the pop-up and won't be flagged, it'll just fail.

12. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I do not see any options like this. However, I do see 2 options regarding PvP zones, which do not perma-PvP toggle you.
    PvP zone vs Open PvP zone?

1. Really? I've had no issues with being able to leave combat in the middle of a battle and I rarely if ever get agroe from a heal.
    2. True, but if people will fuss over heal help they will fuss over a party invite blocking their screen even more. Plus if you're dieing you don't really have time to click on anything.
    3. So there is a difference? I've been trying to see any notable difference with a grandmaster healing ray and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. The only bonus I can see is from my healing others passive.
    4. True I could go fight undead, but playing solo is a boring grind, it's why I made a healer.
    5. Definitely only an issue once. As I refuse to party with PvP players now. Even if the option to heal them is removed it's really annoying watching a player die knowing you can't help them without massive risk.

13. Alley Oop

"show pvp confirmation" is what you're looking for: it toggles the prompt you get when you DO something to flag pvp, like heal someone flagged. if you toggle off the prompt, it defaults to no, don't flag.

"show open pvp confirmation" toggles the prompt you get when you try to GO to a pvp zone. i do not know what it defaults to if you toggle the prompt off.

14. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

That's awfully confusing, as the tip that shows says "Show a confirmation dialog before entering a PvP zone" and the open pvp before entering an "open pvp zone"
    Neither of those mention anything about aggression toggles.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, and I think that's something that the devs should revisit. I really feel that if you want to PvP then you should have to go to the Oracle and explicitly ask to remove protection.

16. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I would agree. Because only she can return your protection, so only she should be able to remove it. Otherwise it's way too easy to exploit new users.
    I honestly think that PvP and PvE should have been separate "shards" to begin with, but it's a bit too late for that.

Barugon likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't agree with that. It would only serve to water down the population.

18. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I only say so because of how heavily different those people want the game.

Plus there are I am told parts of the storyline that take you into PvP zones.

It almost seems purely designed for pvpers.

Chatele likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

every storyline task that goes through a pvp zone has an alternative pve workaround. they need to do a better job of indicating that in game.

margaritte likes this.
  20. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

yes, so I was trying to say, since that is the case there is no reason why we cannot heal others. I should not have to be grouped in order to heal people only in my group. I should be able to heal anyone unless they are flagged, then no. .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.