Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Health and focus Regen rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lord Stein, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

I hope this is not the final rate. Out of combat 2 pts. per sec. It takes five mins to recover. That's ridiculously slow.

2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

It's not that bad with food...which I think was how everything was originally intended to be. I think the current system in place on live was a placeholder until the food mechanics were put in.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

on R33 I'm regenning 14 per tick with the ticks being faster than 1 per second.

With the best food buff of 2 per second, combined with the new passive, I'm still down to less than 1/3 of the regen rate, so yeah, it IS that bad with food.

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

*shrugs*...I think that the regen rate on live was too high to begin with. I guess will just have to see how it works out. I did some testing with food on QA and I could still do the same things I was doing before (a little bit slower, sure).

5. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

What I dislike is, that the mobs still have the old regeneration rate. Same for everyone. If we got reduced this hard, it should be the same for everyone ingame, means also mobs and bosses.

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That is a point I was also trying to make.... I just wish they would not make us need to eat food to reg .... use food for buffs and other fun stuff instead...

Mr. Hel, cartodude, Gravidy and 5 others like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Agreed, but it sounds like it might just be an oversight.

At any rate, you can heal faster with Heal spells, and healing potions are now worth something, right? Weren't people complaining before that healing potions weren't worth getting? Still easier to use a Heal spell, though, than use a potion... even if you need to do it repeatedly, because it doesn't cost you anything. I bet most people have a Heal in their deck and won't even bother waiting for the food regen.

But player regen should be slow, even including with food, otherwise all of the other mechanics won't line up right.

KuBaTRiZeS and ldykllr like this.
  8. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I put in a bug report regarding regen, but only because I think focus isn't working right (or maybe it is and that is just the way it is. It regens at same rate in or out of combat, while health drastically slows down when you have a weapon unsheathed. So either in-combat health is borked or focus is. Or maybe it's intended, I dunno.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because of this statement in the R34 instructions...
    ...I believe it's intended. For the first time since I started playing, I actually feel like I don't want to play anymore. :(

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't like this.

While I certainly think food needs to be useful and desirable, nerfing the regen down to unplayability and forcing players to 'buy' the solution is certainly harsh. Adventuring costs are already way over the top, particularly for reagent users, and now we have to buy food as well? Really upset to see this. There are other effects that food could give that would make it desirable without making it a requirement for just day to day adventuring.

Cairo Hayden, moko, Ice Queen and 5 others like this.
  11. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

It's even worse than this, as you can't just "buy" the solution. Even with the solution of the best food I am still down from 14 regen per tick down to 4, which is 29% of the old regen rate!

This means that the out of combat deck is now a tap soul and life heal deck so that I can tap soul for focus and heal for life regen. It means that I have to play a minigame of regening life and focus for 1 minute between significant fights, and this is NOT a fun way for me to play.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Acred, cartodude, Womby and 7 others like this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Oh ew.
    At the very least, eating 'middle of the road' tier food should bring you back up to the old normal.
    Seriously needs addressing, and quickly, before the R34 launch.

cartodude, Horance, lollie and 4 others like this.
  13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I plan to kneel down the next time I hear the national anthem to protest this ridiculous food/regen crap. :eek:

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I honestly think that tier 2 foods you get you to R33 regen rates and more exotic foods you give you a buff above that. Even tier 1 foods should get you close and make it at least playable.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

If focus regen is really this slow that totally destroys pure mages. Without focus I have no ability to do damage. This is hopefully not at all ready yet. I will make the best food possible for focus regen and I would hope it will be as good or better than what we have now or playing a pure mage will be impossible.

16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do think there will be more balance yet, they are just introducing food so I think they are making focus/regen more severe right now. I think its a way of testing the food system for them by making everyone need food. So they will then craft/eat food and bug report it. :) Its part of the pendulum swing thing.

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya I don't mind the whole eating thing much but I do not want to have my regen nerfed to a degree that I have focus issues...I already have enough trouble surviving as a pure mage :)

18. lollie

lollie Avatar

No.

Budner likes this.
  19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree, focus regen / focus cost was already an issue before any of these changes for the pure mage and has been since they dramatically upped costs in R30/31.
    If food buffed focus regen I'd buy it -now- no need for nerf to regen rates to make it desirable.
    Please just put it back. I'm already having to use a melee weapon 50% of the timeto even afford to play mage with regs the other half of the time. This regen change will just make mage completely unplayable.

20. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@702 mana unbuffed, it takes 5 full minutes to regen in R34 w/out food or stances. That is if I use all my mana, which now happens frequently because of the increased spell costs introduced earlier.
    So right now its kill 1 bear, down 1/2 mana and 3 minutes of standing still to get it back in r34.

I have no weapon to auto-attack with, when I am out of mana that's it.

Also, why isnt there something in the focus tree that helps with regen? Not a stance, I mean a passive that increases regen, or maybe add an 'attune level' to focus to improve regen, same with health. Or something, just spit balling here.
    Doesn't make sense that everyone regens at 2 per second. If my INT is 90 I should regain focus faster than someone w/an INT of 30. IMO

Acred, Ao Soliwilos, kaeshiva and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.