Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Health and focus Regen rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lord Stein, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, at the moment the highest food I've seen with any sort of reasonable duration (1hr) adds 2.5 focus regen.
    Therefore I would expect that "base" focus regen should not be nerfed by more than that amount, to retain playability.
    Adding in a new feature- food- shouldn't make us both worse off than before and also have to spend more gold to even be that.
    I think an hour buff - provided it put you back up to what we're all used to - is reasonable. The shorter duration foods don't really seem to serve much purpose, as you've got carrying capacity to consider and all that.

Chatele and moko like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was going to make a long argument... but I just don't want to play anymore.

3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

The only reason I can think of for implementing lower regen rates is to either A) make food viable or B) slow down how much xp people are getting per hour.

You can also fix this by a) making the food have reasonable effects and b) half the xp rate of all killed mobs. Neither of these would break the game but lowering the regen rates will result in the game being unplayable for some.

Acred, Chatele and Nhili Dragon like this.
  4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Thanks for the clarification @Chris , this makes sense. Can't wait to see the rest of the system to come online!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

It was moved from being a % of your health to a fixed number.

As for the decay comments, several changes were just made to it that are not live on QA yet. First, the max amount of accumulated decay was reduced to 6 hours from 3 days. Additionally, PVP and Dueling will no longer apply decay.

Acred, Sixclicks, StevieD and 7 others like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

That is awesome! No decay for pvp!

Acred likes this.
  7. lollie

lollie Avatar

Why does PVP get a free pass on this, from looks of the posts it seems like it's the PVP crowd that actually want and enjoy the punitive measures you want to introduce...why not just make it a PVP mechanic so they'll be happy and then the rest of us can also be happy by not having rubbish mechanics like this.

@Chris

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Because you can't gain any XP from the PVP.

Womby, Chris, fantalio and 2 others like this.
  9. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Not trying to keep bugging ya about a mechanic that is no longer in the game, but why was Focus a % of health and not INT or mana? (rhetorical really)
    Health regen makes sense to me, and honestly I thought that was in.

Why move Focus levels away from that? Make it a smaller percentage and add in the foods and pots.
    Health regen should depend on how strong you are, mana regen should depend on how smart you are, even if its a small %.
    While I'm at it DEX should effect move speed too.

Those base stats are very expensive, they should be worth it. Not many will level those stats above 60 for a long time. Those that do build specifically, and will build that way anyway.
    Normalizing the masses with the expensive costs and the power-guys with diminishing returns seems enough to me. As always, I could be way off though. :)

Acred and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. lollie

lollie Avatar

You don't gain adventuring experience from doing crafting, yet crafting skills get reduced upon death so your point is moot.

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

But you gain producer experience from doing crafting and no mobs will attack you while you're at crafting station.

12. lollie

lollie Avatar

Producer experience =/= Adventuring experience.

Which is it - adventuring experience has something to do with getting deleveled or not?

Another reason why dying should not affect crafting - no mobs were there.

Chatele and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Your adventure skill decay is based on adventure XP you have. Your crafting skill decay is based on your producer XP you have. They are separate from one another.

Also, there weren't supposed to be a skill decay for crafting skills upon death (right now it is). Perhaps a dev can confirm that?

Chatele likes this.
  14. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yes, so why should craft skills lose xp when it has a separate xp pool, and no mobs helped the crafter gain their Craft xp?

See that apparently is no reason to exclude craft skills from decay, so PVP kills should be where skill decay happens as well (I actually think PVP kills should be where decay lies exclusively, as it's the PVP crowd who seem to want punishing mechanics the most).

kaeshiva likes this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

err... all skinnable corpses (wolf, bear, stags, etc.) give you crafter XP from skinning, no?

I don't recall the PVP crowd asking for skill decay, though. They just to be able to find people to PVP. If anything, it's some crafter folks who want crafting to be more exclusive where not everyone can craft everything themselves.

Also, I'm a bit confused here. Do you want or don't want crafter skills to be decay through death?

Anyway, skill decay is off topic from the OP, which is about health and focus regeneration, so I won't pursue this argument here any further.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  16. lollie

lollie Avatar

Unless that skinned bear just ate you I don't think it should get to have any effect on your Craft xp, same as PVP kills don't result in their xp being reduced.

It is offtopic to the OP, but Chris made this little diversion so here we are.

17. Chris

Dude, I know you want it more hard core but we can't shift it all at once and without having the supporting systems in place to replace it.

Oba Evesor and NRaas like this.
  18. Chris

Lollie, what do you suggest is the trigger for applying decay to crafters or do you just think crafters should be able to level infinitely? Maybe a trigger of breaking an item vs death?

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  19. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Since when is decay accumulated over 3 days, wasn't it only max 2 days? I really have to search the thread where you posted all details on decay.

Acred and cartodude like this.
  20. lollie

lollie Avatar

You really want to add more punishments to crafting?

Lord Baldrith and kaeshiva like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.