Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Health issue

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by Aldo, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have a melee build and have been having a problem I do not want to bug yet without more info that is hard to gather. I have 900 health. I am in tier 5+ areas generally. The problem is that when my health gets down to 500 or so, I suddenly lose the rest in a matter of seconds to death. This loss is not recorded in the log. Time and again I look over the log and can see 100 to 150 damage that I am taking, but never see the other 400 or so occurring. Been trying to correlate the loss with something else going on... perhaps expiring buffs, but cannot put my finger on it yet.

The reason for this post is to ask if anyone else is having this issue. It started in R-54 and continues. I am running at adv level 102 unbuffed so I do have enough experience to recognize that this is indeed a problem that is new for me. I have not changed my build. So far the only thing I have noticed is that when it happens there are usually low level archers around unloading on me, sometimes in my back. I can't find any record in the log of unusual hits causing me to die almost instantly from 400 to 0 health in an instant. I almost suspect that perhaps the health bar display is not really linear. It is possible that the 400 health displayed is not really about 40% of my total but rather about 15% and this is why it goes down so fast.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I think that issue has been corrected. I was really familiar with that. Here I am not talking about failure to reach max health, but rather rapid loss at less than 50% which is not reflected in the combat log. Sudden rapid loss of health when health is getting lower should show up as loss in the log, but doesn't. This means that to file a bug report, I need to further characterize the loss. I am at a disadvantage here (self imposed) in that I cannot file videos or pics due to my stubborness at not using outside picture servers to submit my data. I am hoping others are seeing the same and can take it from here. If no one else is seeing this, then obviously it is an issue with my build and I will have to trouble shoot myself.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Do not shoot yourself, it is not worth the trouble.

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

LoL I see you Pounced on that pretty quick. And NO you can't have my stuff if I do.

6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

>.> <.< =^.^=

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, that bug has been closed out as resolved.
    I can't quite tell from what the OP says if this is a UI combat log issue, or perhaps a UI health bar issue. I know these issues as a whole can be very hard to describe, which doesn't help matters.
    @Aldo If you are able to grab video of this (with your combat log up) and post in the Bug forums that'd be great. If you can't get video I'd understand, but you still would want to post in the bug forums. We'd have to try to pinpoint your issue.

8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Not sure if its the same problem as OP, but I've noticed health bars on myself and on NPCs updating at a slower pace then usual in Open-mode when others are in the zone. This has happened to me before, just more frequently since last patch.
    Switching to Solo mode takes care of the problem for me.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks for your comments. I will deal with the issue (I play solo). This post just a heads up if anyone else has the issue. I wish my descriptions were more clear. I waited quite awhile to be sure I had an issue before posting. Made a mistake in Tenebis once where a "quest buff" was causing me a problem and I made a big stink not knowing what was happening. I still have rapid health loss not reflected in the log after fighting for awhile. Perhaps it is related to buffs expiring, but I would expect that if I was receiving more damage from the mobs it would show up in the combat log. My best guess at this time is that the health bar is not linear. In other words, 100 health loss at the right of the bar should be 1/9 of the bar length. I think at the left end of the bar 100 health may represent about 1/5 or more of the total bar. This is with a total starting health of 900. Just a theory at present. I am playing now assuming that when my bar shows 1/2 health gone, I only have 150 or so health left despite the display (both visual bar and numbers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.