Heart of Vrul - where to find???

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Paladin Michael, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It's been a while since I've fought him, so maybe they've given him some new tricks since then.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Melee players seem to have an easier time damage wise, but you can do it as a mage also. I use Meteor Storm, Ice Field, Ring of Fire, Blind, Fireflies, Ice Arrows/Ice Fist,etc. Using Dash/Fleet Flute can help you keep your distance from him while kiting.

3. DeadmanWalkin71

DeadmanWalkin71 Avatar

He is completely immune to fire.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

@Paladin Michael I finally got around to fighting this guy again today.

He's not that much different than before other than now he has chaos bolts and you get teleported around. As a heavy armor melee, I think there's 2 ways of dealing with the teleports that are better than just chasing him around.

option 1: Use engage opponent to sprint back to him. It has good range and it's mostly a wide open area where there's not much to get stuck on.

option 2: Heal/harp/rebuff when you get teleported and wait for him to come back to you. He usually comes back pretty quickly, but you can take advantage of being out of melee range for a few seconds that way.

You can still jump to avoid his jumpstomp and forward stab attacks and his damage isn't overwhelming. My character is pretty beefy, but even just decent healing should be plenty if you don't make any mistakes.

I recorded my fight for funzies:

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

When teleported it is best to face him then use deflect and/or glancing blow to avoid/mitigate the charge attack. Getting hit in the back is the worst since you are confused for about 1 or 2 seconds after the teleport.

Paladin Michael and Lazlo like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Any advice for ranged/light armor? (Other than "don't use ranged/light armor.")

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Though, I suppose the fact that you've got twice the health I do makes abuuge difference. I can get him down to about 6-7k before he does me in.

8. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I used to do this as an archer all the time... I dont do it as the video shows, I keep getting behind him like you do with trolls.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

What level? I'm AL 96, but I get stomped. Actually, I do okay, until he gets 2-3 high crits in a row, then I go down. But I'm sure there's a ton I'm doing wrong, too. For one, I think I need to work at getting my HP up.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  10. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I did it with Archery a long time ago... I still do it in Light Armor though. just gotta keep defensives up and be ready to heal. It is tougher now though I can admit but you should be able to dodge most big hits by circling and jumping at the right time.

Lazlo likes this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I might have to try the engage skill, though. Being ranged, I never put any points in it. But part of what gets me is the teleports/confusion, if I could get back close to him, without having to walk the wrong way three times first, it might help.

Lazlo likes this.
  12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I know very little about ranged, but I guess the only problem is staying alive, so if I were trying it myself I guess I'd probably try to keep up as much HoT and defensive stuff as possible and have heals loaded, as Fruck said.

I used to always spin around this guy, too, but I killed him a few times today to test and he died a lot faster vs. me when I just face tanked him, but ymmv.

As far as engage goes, I think it's a useful skill, but it's very situational. Most of the time it's not worth using a slot on, but the range is really nice vs. Vrul and also gets around confusion and ice effects.

13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, I suppose light armor more than ranged; my DPS is pretty decent, I just can't survive the crits very long.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

He's not immune, you can kill him with fire. I am however specialized in fire and I keep evaporate on him the entire fight. Once you get all the DoT's going on him, he dies pretty quick.

Sorthious likes this.
  15. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

where is the dude in Solinia Combs now? I wasn't able to find him after they moved him. I thought that one was gone.

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Entering from Solania, at the entrance you meet the wounded guard. Turn right, next floor right, then left. You pass the room with Elves and Skeletons. The floor behind this room watch the left wall. The second or third torch is the key to open your way to the hidden room. Behind it turn right, left and straight Vrul is awaiting you ;)

Lord Trady of Blix and xadoor like this.
  17. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

thanks!! found him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.