Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by kendal2211, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kendal2211

kendal2211 Avatar

I'm new to this game (obviously) I was looking for game to play when i'm not playing WoW and when i'm not working or doing other things and this caught my eye :)
    Before I pay for the full thing I would how ever like to know a few things...
    Is it pay to win?
    Is it a popular game?
    how much time do you need to be putting into it to make it worthwhile spending money on?

Ravenscar and Vodalian like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Depends on your definition of P2W.
    But about the same as WoW.
    Slightly more than WoW when it comes to housing. Slightly less than WoW when it comes to gear/combat.

It is made more or less like an indie game with less budget than your ordinary AAA title.
    So no, it is not as popular when compared to RPGs from the major studios.

Depends what you enjoy in games like this.
    In titles like WoW the endgame is the game, hence you need to spend a lot of time before reaching that.
    Here however it is slightly different due to sandbox in that it isn't as endgame heavy, instead the midgame is where you can do most content etc.
    So I'd say about 50-100h.
    But if you'd give more details about what you like and do then that could go either way.
    For instance crafting I'd say 75+, while if you like questing then 20+ since the threshold is lower, while PvP would be higher.

Vodalian likes this.
  3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Welcome to the game!

When it comes to spending real money the big issue is housing. You can get a home without spending money, but it takes plenty of work, and you will never be able to afford the more exclusive ones. So, if your goal in the game is to own a large house and decorate it, then you probably need to spend real cash.

But if you want to play the story, explore the world, level up a powerful character, do pvp etc. then you don't need to spend real money beyond buying the game. So the short answer is, it depends on what you want to do in the game. My personal view is that RMT in the game is about cosmetic stuff, but this can also be a fun part of the game so it's not irrelevant.

If you want to have a powerful character that can take on most content and be competitive in pvp, it takes a lot of hours to get there. I don't think this is necessary to enjoy the game, but for some it's important.

About popularity of the game, it's growing but kinda slowly. You probably want to join subcommunities like guilds and player owned towns inside the game if you are a social player.

4. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

5. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

- I feel that this game has no "Pay to Win" features in it. Not matter how much you pay the stuff you are getting is more for the sparkley and "cool" looks than it is to make your character "uber" and/or stronger. And just about everything can be bought with ingame gold so you don't really have to pay anything at all. You just need to save up the gold you want for the item you want to buy.

- I wouldn't say this game is as popular as WoW yet. Remember that this game is made by a small company so you can't compare Blizzard to them. As time goes on and the game grows I am sure it will get more and more attention.

- Kinda hard to answer the 3rd question since it depends on what you are looking for out of a game. Besides buying the basic account you could go your entire experience in this game without having to ever spend a penny.

Tamsen likes this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Welcome!

Its not pay to win, there is nothing that requires you to buy it to be successful in the game. 95% of it is either housing, housing deco or skins for geat/weps. The rest is pets, music, etc....

Some of the highest level players in the game have put very little money into it, maybe a village/row lot for their house.

7. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

That's right. Even with the 100's of developers Blizzards got they got Nothing compared to THIS TEAM At Portalarium :)

Elwyn likes this.
  8. kendal2211

kendal2211 Avatar

Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me :) I look forward to playing this when ever i can :)

I'm just looking for something fun to do when i'm not doing other things :) but hey ho, I think i'll enjoy it on here what ever I decide to do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.